Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 27, 2024, 11:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Historical Jesus is real and He rose from the grave
RE: The Historical Jesus is real and He rose from the grave
That fact of the matter is that the bible is the only place where this is written.
Outside of that there is precisely fuck all.
When you have something that backs up the bible come and see us.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I love Christian "witnessing" like this. They don't present any arguments or evidence. They just repeat the dogma over and over in the hopes that eventually someone gullible enough will come along.

It's really less about trying to convert people than it is about trying to look like a good little servant in the eyes of Jesus.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I think we should elevate this post to wider audience. The headlines will read "Man believes what he believes which is pretty much what he hears repeated everyday all around him, namely that Christ is lord!" So news worthy! [/sarcasm]
(March 29, 2014 at 3:26 am)whateverist Wrote: I think we should elevate this post to wider audience. The headlines will read "Man believes what he believes which is pretty much what he hears repeated everyday all around him, namely that Christ is lord!" So news worthy! [/sarcasm]

Woman?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

You mean Snowtracks?

I have no idea. It usually takes a man to be so pushy about something so stupid.
Rev: Please read carefully what follows. It is very important, and I'd like you to think deeply and sincerely about it. Ready? Here goes:

You aren't permitted to use the contents of a book to prove the contents of that book.

Have a lovely day.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(March 28, 2014 at 10:39 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: We are reminded of this event every day. Not a day goes by where you don't hear His name mentioned, hear a song praising Him, drive by a church, see someone wearing a cross, or hear a verse from the Bible.
Ahh... fundy logic!
I'm sure our resident Egyptian would say something similar about the god of the Qur'an...and be unable to identify with the god of the bible...
So... which is it? Either is ok? Both is better?

Quote:Jesus predicted His death and resurrection while He was alive. He tomb was empty on three days after His death. He appeared to His disciples. These men's lives were changed and God used them to change the world. Paul and 500 others have seen the risen Christ. The early church grew greatly even with terrible persecution speaks of the power of this Truth. Greatest evidence is the transformation of millions of lives of born again believers.
Praise Allah!
Praise Shiva!
Praise FSM!
All changed men's lives, all of them exist, so we must submit to them all.

Oh crap...aren't some of those mutually exclusive?
(March 29, 2014 at 4:14 am)Alex K Wrote:
(March 29, 2014 at 3:26 am)whateverist Wrote: I think we should elevate this post to wider audience. The headlines will read "Man believes what he believes which is pretty much what he hears repeated everyday all around him, namely that Christ is lord!" So news worthy! [/sarcasm]

Woman?

No, if a good christian like that was a woman, she'd know she was forbidden to preach, right? Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(March 29, 2014 at 5:26 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(March 29, 2014 at 4:14 am)Alex K Wrote: Woman?

No, if a good christian like that was a woman, she'd know she was forbidden to preach, right? Tongue

That bits a metaphor! DUR!
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(March 29, 2014 at 5:40 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote:
(March 29, 2014 at 5:26 am)Esquilax Wrote: No, if a good christian like that was a woman, she'd know she was forbidden to preach, right? Tongue

That bits a metaphor! DUR!

I choose to believe that your post is a metaphor too. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Bet "Jesus" Is Real Proud of These Shits Minimalist 34 6415 December 4, 2018 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Which Jesus is real? Foxaèr 40 8552 August 9, 2017 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3182 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  lies, broken promises, racism : the real Jesus jenny1972 6 1996 November 4, 2015 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
  The Historical Reliability of the New Testament Randy Carson 706 114232 June 9, 2015 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Historical Easter Question for Minimalist thesummerqueen 26 7716 April 5, 2015 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7394 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Mass grave discovered in an abandoned Catholic children's home. Esquilax 46 8962 June 11, 2014 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Vox
  Jesus Would Role Over In His Grave Cinjin 7 2392 April 19, 2014 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Confused Ape
  For People Who Think There Was No Historical Jesus Confused Ape 487 227964 May 11, 2013 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist