Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 2:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe in God: So Debate me
RE: I believe in God: So Debate me
They should get married Smile
(March 25, 2014 at 2:58 am)Shaykh al-Kabir Shair Abdulrab Wrote: As the title says so whip out your guns and start the atheist vs theist fuck fest. Ask questions about my beliefs or anything you wanna know.

"God is Dead" ~ Nietzsche. So lets see how long it takes to kill him

So you want to debate about what it is you believe? Only you know what you believe so I believe you when you say you believe. What is there to debate?

Are you making any claims about anything to which we both have access .. such as the physical world? Do you claim this God exists in the physical world? If so, please list what he is or does that would allow us to find him. Then, based on my ability to corroborate what you say I will either debate you or agree with you.
If you do believe in a god, how has that belief made your life better?
I'm paying far too much for car insurance. How can I reduce my monthly payments?
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
HE isn't GOD. He just believes in him. :p
(March 27, 2014 at 12:49 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: If you do believe in a god, how has that belief made your life better?

Lets answer this with another question. If you lack belief that there is no god how has that made your life better?

(March 27, 2014 at 1:03 pm)ThePinsir Wrote: I'm paying far too much for car insurance. How can I reduce my monthly payments?

Use your muscle mass to get a job. Manual labor is in great demand

(March 27, 2014 at 8:42 am)Thunder Cunt Wrote:
(March 25, 2014 at 7:52 pm)Shaykh al-Kabir Shair Abdulrab Wrote: Tongue Brilliant posting!

1) I find blowjobs to be a horrendous oral activity.
2) I am not typical

1) The Qur'an(not Koran) is a bullshit book with a bullshit religion centered around it.
2) A prophet is also synanomous with the word poet in Semitic languages. The name Sha'ir as you see in my name literally means Poet and Muhammad(may crows eat his ass) was accused of being a sha'ir and had to spend a greater portion of the Qur'an explaining what a prophet is.
3)

Go find yourself a Muslim.

Muhammad is a failure and please lets avoid speaking his name while the worms are festering in his deflate necrotized penis

I am not a Muslim and specifically have stated time and time again I am anti-Islamic.

And just like that I have lost all faith in humanity.......again

Damn! That was a good post!
Do you pray at a mosque and fast during Ramadan?

Futile, you and tor bicker like you're married! I don't know whose side to take. Who ever started this shit fit is the bad guy as far as I'm Concerned Wink

I fast during Ramadan....if I feel like it but I do attend a masjid sometimes and make silent flatulence releases while walking around. Although it just occurred to me that Arabs make it filthy enough.

(March 27, 2014 at 9:50 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: So, I'm sensing a lot of sexual tension between tor and futilethewinds.

He is also engaged in a romantic homosexual relationship with me Tongue
[Image: tumblr_n8f4c0zuQE1twxzjco1_1280.png]
(March 29, 2014 at 4:50 am)Shaykh al-Kabir Shair Abdulrab Wrote: Lets answer this with another question. If you lack belief that there is no god how has that made your life better?

Well, no wasted time in church or prayer, no living in fear of the disconnected whims of eldritch abominations, no worry that the laws of the universe might be suspended so that divine superbeings can conduct a war that I have no stake in on my planet, nothing to encourage me to hate myself, this life, and everything material on the planet, additional self respect due to not having to owe my existence to a cosmic deadbeat father...

I could go on. Thinking
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(March 27, 2014 at 4:26 am)tor Wrote:
Shaykh al-Kabir Shair Abdulrab Wrote:Imagine you lived 400 years ago and were in a debate with the pope. Tell him how evolution is true and that the........wait I forgot. Back then they did not know what evolution was nor could they prove it Big Grin. The inability to prove something means nothing.
If I could not prove evolution I would not say it occurred by saying I experienced it mystically.
What's your point?

Whoever said I am proving that God exist though? You guys just seemed interested for some weird reason and primarily you. You cannot answer metaphysical claims that is why they call them metaphysical.

Do you know what metaphysical means? It is a common word in philosophy and usually exits the realms of epistemology as it enters into the category of the unknown. You cannot form an objective conclusion about metaphysical claims as they are entirely subjective and outside physical experience. God is one of such metaphysical claims. This is why I do not go about debating whether or not God exist. It is entirely irrelevant.
[Image: tumblr_n8f4c0zuQE1twxzjco1_1280.png]
(March 29, 2014 at 4:57 am)Shaykh al-Kabir Shair Abdulrab Wrote:
(March 27, 2014 at 4:26 am)tor Wrote: If I could not prove evolution I would not say it occurred by saying I experienced it mystically.
What's your point?

Whoever said I am proving that God exist though? You guys just seemed interested for some weird reason and primarily you. You cannot answer metaphysical claims that is why they call them metaphysical.

Do you know what metaphysical means? It is a common word in philosophy and usually exits the realms of epistemology as it enters into the category of the unknown. You cannot form an objective conclusion about metaphysical claims as they are entirely subjective and outside physical experience. God is one of such metaphysical claims. This is why I do not go about debating whether or not God exist. It is entirely irrelevant.

Then what is the debate about?
(March 29, 2014 at 4:50 am)Shaykh al-Kabir Shair Abdulrab Wrote: Lets answer this with another question. If you lack belief that there is no god how has that made your life better?

I believe our lives are the sum total of the choices we make, regardless of whether we are religious or not. My life hasn't changed much, in the sense that I still choose to make good decisions, even if it's hard, or I struggle. The struggles of life will always be before us, whether you believe in a deity or not. It is in how you react to those struggles that makes the difference, as to the quality of life you might lead.

Abandoning Christianity and religion in general, has made me more aware of my own decisions, now, instead of looking for some outside force to rescue me. Not believing in Bible lies anymore, freed me to thinking clearer about a lot of issues. I also stopped letting people treat me like crap, which when I was religious, people for some reason took that as a license to take advantage of me.

So, how has religion made your life better?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1532 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religious debate via Meme Foxaèr 324 57758 November 12, 2018 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution android17ak47 49 8344 November 1, 2018 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Debate: God & Morality: William Lane Craig vs Erik Wielenberg Jehanne 16 3502 March 2, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  List of reasons to believe God exists? henryp 428 87325 January 21, 2018 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 8055 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  People assuming you believe in a God Der/die AtheistIn 35 10528 July 19, 2017 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Debate: God Exists Azu 339 58909 March 31, 2017 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Theist Posters: Why do you believe your God exists? SuperSentient 65 14753 March 15, 2017 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Cyberman
Question Why disbelievers believe? They believe in so called “God of the gaps”. theBorg 49 8700 August 27, 2016 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: bennyboy