Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 11:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Historical Jesus is real and He rose from the grave
RE: The Historical Jesus is real and He rose from the grave
(March 31, 2014 at 4:36 pm)Revelation777 Wrote:
(March 31, 2014 at 4:23 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Name one contemporary historian of Jesus who wrote about him.

There are none. Josephus wasn't a contemporary.

Matthew, Mark, Luke, John

You'd be better off citing John, Paul, George and Ringo. At least they existed.

Wink Shades

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(March 28, 2014 at 10:39 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: We are reminded of this event every day. Not a day goes by where you don't hear His name mentioned, hear a song praising Him, drive by a church, see someone wearing a cross, or hear a verse from the Bible.

Jesus predicted His death and resurrection while He was alive. He tomb was empty on three days after His death. He appeared to His disciples. These men's lives were changed and God used them to change the world. Paul and 500 others have seen the risen Christ. The early church grew greatly even with terrible persecution speaks of the power of this Truth. Greatest evidence is the transformation of millions of lives of born again believers.

[Image: nicolas-cage-laughing.gif]
xR34P3Rx
it isn't in our nature to think of a God, it is in our nature to seek answers and the concept of God is most influenced in this world.
(March 31, 2014 at 4:36 pm)Revelation777 Wrote:
(March 31, 2014 at 4:23 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Name one contemporary historian of Jesus who wrote about him.

There are none. Josephus wasn't a contemporary.

Matthew, Mark, Luke, John

A claim, not evidence.

What else have you got?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I'll never understand the point of this, Rev777. You are doing nothing to change anyone's mind. What is your purpose here? If it's really to preach, you are truly, utterly terrible at it.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 31, 2014 at 6:17 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I'll never understand the point of this, Rev777. You are doing nothing to change anyone's mind. What is your purpose here? If it's really to preach, you are truly, utterly terrible at it.

I'm guessing it has to do with some sort of pathetic "missionary" endeavor.

If he can preach enough, maybe it will earn him brownie points in Heaven and make him a prettier angel.
(March 31, 2014 at 6:22 pm)Rampant.A.I. Wrote:
(March 31, 2014 at 6:17 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I'll never understand the point of this, Rev777. You are doing nothing to change anyone's mind. What is your purpose here? If it's really to preach, you are truly, utterly terrible at it.

I'm guessing it has to do with some sort of pathetic "missionary" endeavor.

If he can preach enough, maybe it will earn him brownie points in Heaven and make him a prettier angel.

Maybe whatever version of whatever god it is he worships will give him the wooden spoon for being the best loser.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(March 31, 2014 at 6:23 pm)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote:
(March 31, 2014 at 6:22 pm)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: I'm guessing it has to do with some sort of pathetic "missionary" endeavor.

Maybe whatever version of whatever god it is he worships will give him the wooden spoon for being the best loser.

Unfortunately I think it's worse than being patted on the head for being the best loser.

He actually thinks he's doing God's work by presenting unsubstantiated assertions about reality, in the belief that they might save a few souls from the eternal torment allowed by his all powerful, righteous God because somebody ate an Apple, and the Romans had particularly gruesome ways of putting people to death.

Does it make a lick of difference in this world to the everyday suffering of real people?

Nope.
Rev777...

You talk about Jesus, but do you know Christ?
Quote:I'll never understand the point of this, Rev777.

He thinks he's getting brownie points from his godboy.

[Image: 126jesus983794-1.jpg]
(March 31, 2014 at 5:14 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(March 31, 2014 at 4:36 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John

You'd be better off citing John, Paul, George and Ringo. At least they existed.

Wink Shades

John was not exaggerating when he stated that they were bigger than Jesus.
undefined

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Bet "Jesus" Is Real Proud of These Shits Minimalist 34 6997 December 4, 2018 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Which Jesus is real? Silver 40 8975 August 9, 2017 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3360 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  lies, broken promises, racism : the real Jesus jenny1972 6 2102 November 4, 2015 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
  The Historical Reliability of the New Testament Randy Carson 706 127038 June 9, 2015 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Historical Easter Question for Minimalist thesummerqueen 26 8142 April 5, 2015 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7675 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Mass grave discovered in an abandoned Catholic children's home. Esquilax 46 10106 June 11, 2014 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Vox
  Jesus Would Role Over In His Grave Cinjin 7 2558 April 19, 2014 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Confused Ape
  For People Who Think There Was No Historical Jesus Confused Ape 487 235983 May 11, 2013 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist