Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 25, 2024, 2:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Historical Jesus is real and He rose from the grave
RE: The Historical Jesus is real and He rose from the grave
Quote:If God said it, I believe it.

Yeah - that's your problem.

[Image: h9B3D1DD2]
(April 11, 2014 at 11:38 am)Revelation777 Wrote:
(April 11, 2014 at 10:54 am)Crossless1 Wrote: Yeah, that's kind of the point at issue, isn't it, you simpleton?

You can call me a simpleton as long as I am loved of the Lord. He loves you too! Big Grin

There's no such thing.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(April 11, 2014 at 10:54 am)Crossless1 Wrote: Yeah, that's kind of the point at issue, isn't it, you simpleton?

You can call me a simpleton as long as I am loved of the Lord. He loves you too! Big Grin

R u sure god loves u? Did he tell u in an audible voice?
(April 11, 2014 at 10:43 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(April 11, 2014 at 10:42 am)Revelation777 Wrote: would you allow me to cite a source with the answer?

Wow, do you seriously not get that we've been trying to prompt you into giving citations for your claims literally since the start of these threads? Thinking

I hope he replies to this.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Passive-aggressiveness is no substitute for evidence and reasoned debate on a debate forum, simpleton. Big Grin

You meant to say "she" right? Thinking
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
(April 11, 2014 at 11:38 am)Revelation777 Wrote: You can call me a simpleton as long as I am loved of the Lord. He loves you too! Big Grin

It's shit like this that demonstrates how disrespectfully uninterested you are in carrying on an actual dialogue.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(April 11, 2014 at 7:51 am)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(April 10, 2014 at 10:50 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: God, three persons, one God

Babbling nonsense. Even the best minds of Christianity for 2,000 years could not figure out how that works. Get back to me if you can succeed where they failed.

Quote:requires the shedding of blood for the forgiveness of sins.
Required by who?

Did Yahweh, your god, require that of himself?

So your god required himself to bleed in order to allow himself to forgive us?

So he needed to sacrifice himself to himself because bleeding on a cross was the only way that he could convince himself to change the rules he made in the first place and forgive us for being sinful beings which we are because the devil spoke through a snake to convince the rib-woman, who was not the least bit surprised to have a snake talk to her, to eat a magic fruit.

Quote:He gave us a free will.

Chapter and verse, please.

Quote:Satan, use a creature from the garden to speak to and deceive the woman.
Chapter and verse, please.

You see, I'm even easier than Stimbo. You don't have to prove your claims to me (yet). Right now, all I'm requiring is that you show me that all this comes from The Bible and not your imagination.

On Free Will
Prov 16:9
Josh 24:15
John 7:17
Rev 3:20
Gal 5:16,17

Concerning Satan - Gen 3:1 combined with Rev 20:2
(April 11, 2014 at 11:46 am)Revelation777 Wrote: On Free Will
Prov 16:9
Josh 24:15
John 7:17
Rev 3:20
Gal 5:16,17

Concerning Satan - Gen 3:1 combined with Rev 20:2

Oh, look! Someone has broken out the topical Bible. Jerkoff
A question for Revelation777. I went to see what Judaism had to say about the Trinity. The following article is about the Hebrew language and how it's used in the Torah.

Why is God’s Name “Elohim” Plural?

Quote:Bear in mind, there is no mystery as to the origins of the Trinity, nor is there any secret for how this aberrant doctrine emerged. The doctrine of the Trinity was forged out of the crucible of the Catholic Church long after the Christian century. It is, therefore, no wonder that this pagan doctrine was unknown to authors of the New Testament (click here to see list). Church history reveals that it was not until three hundred years after the birth of Christianity that the doctrine of the Bianity (325 C.E.) and Trinity (381 C.E.) received formal approval in the Christian community. These well documented events occurred under circumstances rife with contention, political agitation, and radical dissension in the early Church.

In essence, the Jewish people never believed in a Trinity, and the Church adopted it under enormous political pressure from the most pagan segments of the young Catholic Church. Understandably, missionaries undertake a formidable task when they seek to prove this fourth century doctrine from a radically monotheistic Torah which is timeless.

So, according to your beliefs God created Adam and Eve and selected Abraham and his descendants to be his chosen people, yet, for most of human history he never bothered to establish the fact that he's a trinity. Why did he wait for 300 years after Christianity started before telling anyone?
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Bet "Jesus" Is Real Proud of These Shits Minimalist 34 6403 December 4, 2018 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Which Jesus is real? Foxaèr 40 8548 August 9, 2017 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3181 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  lies, broken promises, racism : the real Jesus jenny1972 6 1995 November 4, 2015 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
  The Historical Reliability of the New Testament Randy Carson 706 114146 June 9, 2015 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Historical Easter Question for Minimalist thesummerqueen 26 7702 April 5, 2015 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7392 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Mass grave discovered in an abandoned Catholic children's home. Esquilax 46 8960 June 11, 2014 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Vox
  Jesus Would Role Over In His Grave Cinjin 7 2391 April 19, 2014 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Confused Ape
  For People Who Think There Was No Historical Jesus Confused Ape 487 227927 May 11, 2013 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist