Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 1, 2024, 5:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argument #2: Evolution Of Species
RE: Argument #2: Evolution Of Species
Now Rev has confirmed what we all knew before. He is a total nutcase!
A world wide conspiracy amongst all scientists! Keep living in your dream world fucknut.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(May 5, 2014 at 11:38 am)pocaracas Wrote: What are you now? A prophet or something?!!
DevilDevil

You don't need to be a prophet to predict the actions of the intellectually incurious, especially when they take it into their heads that it's okay to use the repertoire of a conman to get their point across.

It's a bit like trying to predict the behavior of chickens when they're feeling a bit sneaky.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(May 5, 2014 at 12:53 am)Stimbo Wrote:
(May 4, 2014 at 11:48 pm)Beccs Wrote: THat's a common creationist ploy, though.

I remember arguing with one elsewhere who linked to articles no more modern than 1931.

I'm sure I remember an exchange over at the old Connecticut Valley Atheists, when some cretinist got exposed citing a decades-old paper, then countered by pulling one that was even older.

Just because some things are old doesn't necessarily mean that it is untrue.
(May 5, 2014 at 11:59 am)Bad Wolf Wrote: Now Rev has confirmed what we all knew before. He is a total nutcase!
A world wide conspiracy amongst all scientists! Keep living in your dream world fucknut.

In his defense, he only thinks that- literally, only thinks this is true- because Ben Stein told him so. Rev seems really enamored of the argument from authority, assuming that authority already aligns broadly with what he wants to believe anyway.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(May 5, 2014 at 12:02 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Just because some things are old doesn't necessarily mean that it is untrue.

Am I seriously going to have to explain this to you step by step? Jesus, okay...

Rev, do we know more things today than we did fifty years ago? Has technology improved in fifty years?

Let's start there, okay?

(May 5, 2014 at 1:35 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: You rev I'm wondering, since what you would called micro evolution is readily observed, what is the mechanism that prevents these changes from accruing?

Show me the evidence that it accrued.
(May 5, 2014 at 12:02 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Just because some things are old doesn't necessarily mean that it is untrue.

Of course; merely outdated, superseded and irrelevant.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 5, 2014 at 12:02 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(May 5, 2014 at 11:59 am)Bad Wolf Wrote: Now Rev has confirmed what we all knew before. He is a total nutcase!

In his defense, he only thinks that- literally, only thinks this is true- because Ben Stein told him so. Rev seems really enamored of the argument from authority, assuming that authority already aligns broadly with what he wants to believe anyway.

. . . said beliefs being based on an authority for which he has not one shred of good supporting evidence. And 'round and 'round we go.
(May 5, 2014 at 2:32 am)Rampant.A.I. Wrote:
(May 4, 2014 at 10:18 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Argument #2: Evolution of Species

The evolutionist Kerkut defined the “general theory of evolution” as “the theory that living forms in the world have arisen from a single source which itself came from an inorganic form.”

Well that's stupid, as he's referring to abiogenesis, and not evolution.

Seems you got your definition from:

http://www.conservapedia.com/Definition_of_evolution

And the use of this "evolutionist" term is a clear indicator of a misunderstanding of basic biological science, as in:

Quote:Evolutionism, as opposed to Creationism, is the advocacy of or belief in biological evolution.[1] Therefore one who believes in or supports a theory of evolution[2] would be referred to as an evolutionist. Evolutionism, used in a general sense, encompasses any type of biological evolutionist. Broken down into two categories, "Evolutionism" and "Evolutionists" usually involve Atheistic/Agnostic Evolutionists (evolution without God) and Theistic Evolutionists (evolution with God). Those categories can be further broken down, but they are the main two.

Where there is no disagreement between the basic scientific fact of evolution accepted by biology and medical science. The only "disagreement" comes from "Intelligent Design" advocates, who have no scientific findings save from what they've stolen from biologists, and no alternative theories other than "No, but God did it using magic instead," and fabricate lies like the "macro vs micro evolution" distinction, and are not taken seriously by a single scientific institution worldwide, due in no small part to their status as known presumptive liars pretending to be scientists.

So, no disrespect intended, but it seems your argument #2 is indeed a looped gif of a bull defecating.

[Image: pooping-cow-o.gif]

Congrats on that.

That gif is unnecessary.
As is your quoting it to point that out. Come on, Rev, don't be a twat all your life. Have a day off.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your stance on bringing back extinct species? Fake Messiah 80 3491 March 12, 2024 at 8:50 am
Last Post: brewer
  New human species discovered in the Phillipines downbeatplumb 5 706 April 13, 2019 at 6:17 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Bumblebee officially added to endangered species list Foxaèr 13 1496 July 3, 2018 at 3:06 pm
  Without rape, most animal species would go extinct Alexmahone 34 4690 May 25, 2018 at 11:25 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Strange troglodyte species found in Turkmenistan cave Foxaèr 4 900 September 26, 2017 at 7:18 am
  New Species Found in Oregon brewer 31 6533 February 11, 2016 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Do you think we could/will ever have two dominant[prime] species? Heat 11 3435 November 21, 2015 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Remains of new human species found ignoramus 32 6838 September 10, 2015 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: MTL
  Is there enough time for SPECIATION for million species drkfuture 11 6212 July 30, 2015 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Invasive Species IATIA 11 2805 July 17, 2015 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: rado84