Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bumblebee officially added to endangered species list
Bumblebee officially added to endangered species list
Quote:Its official, the bumblebee has been added to the ever-growing list of endangered species along with the grizzly bear, the northern spotted owl, the gray wolf, and about 700 other animal species which are extinct. Once abundant in the grasslands and prairies of the East and Midwest, the rusty-patched bee has now been restricted to protections in the continental US as its population keeps dwindling at an alarming rate.

It has been estimated that as much as 95% only exists in isolated pockets in twelve states and the province of Ontario Canada.

"There are a few little spots where we know they are," James stranger, a research entomologist and bumble be ecologist told Forbes. "But only a really few spots."

Human encroachment led to the subsequent loss of their natural habitat which played a significant role in the bee's declining population. The classification will foster the conservation of tall grasses and protection of grasslands that the bee's and other pollinators naturally thrive.

http://www.thinkinghumanity.com/2018/06/...ecies.html
RE: Bumblebee officially added to endangered species list
(July 2, 2018 at 5:52 am)Kit Wrote:
Quote:Its official, the bumblebee has been added to the ever-growing list of endangered species along with the grizzly bear, the northern spotted owl, the gray wolf, and about 700 other animal species which are extinct. Once abundant in the grasslands and prairies of the East and Midwest, the rusty-patched bee has now been restricted to protections in the continental US as its population keeps dwindling at an alarming rate.

It has been estimated that as much as 95% only exists in isolated pockets in twelve states and the province of Ontario Canada.

"There are a few little spots where we know they are," James stranger, a research entomologist and bumble be ecologist told Forbes. "But only a really few spots."

Human encroachment led to the subsequent loss of their natural habitat which played a significant role in the bee's declining population. The classification will foster the conservation of tall grasses and protection of grasslands that the bee's and other pollinators naturally thrive.

http://www.thinkinghumanity.com/2018/06/...ecies.html

Quote:A bumblebee (or bumble bee, bumble-bee or humble-bee) is any of over 250 species in the genus Bombus, part of Apidae, one of the bee families.

Wikipedia || Bumblebee

It's a little misleading to say the bumblebee has been added to the endangered species list when it only concerns one specific species of bumblebee.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Iggy's buddy should consider himself lucky then.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
America's free society also should be on that endangered list.
What people don't understand is that we need bees to pollinate our plants. With out bees, many of the natural foods we eat will no longer be grown due to lack of pollination.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(July 2, 2018 at 9:16 am)Joods Wrote: What people don't understand is that we need bees to pollinate our plants. With out bees, many of the natural foods we eat will no longer be grown due to lack of pollination.

I saw a video about this, with the guy basically saying that bumble bees are an invasive species that we shouldn't be concerned about.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I'm highly allergic to flying, sting-y things and so I appreciate bees a lot. I try to stay out of their way.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(July 2, 2018 at 11:13 am)Joods Wrote: I'm highly allergic to flying, sting-y things and so I appreciate bees a lot. I try to stay out of their way.

Bees are stingy, good dudes, most on the defensive. What i hate is wasps. I hate those fucking helicopters
(July 2, 2018 at 11:37 am)LastPoet Wrote:
(July 2, 2018 at 11:13 am)Joods Wrote: I'm highly allergic to flying, sting-y things and so I appreciate bees a lot. I try to stay out of their way.

Bees are stingy, good dudes, most on the defensive. What i hate is wasps. I hate those fucking helicopters

Another name for wasp is asshole. They are assholes.
We should plant more clover. The big yellow-and-black fuckers love clover.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your stance on bringing back extinct species? Fake Messiah 80 2311 March 12, 2024 at 8:50 am
Last Post: brewer
  White House officially embraces “herd immunity” COVID strategy Rev. Rye 22 2023 October 15, 2020 at 4:57 am
Last Post: Sal
  New human species discovered in the Phillipines downbeatplumb 5 638 April 13, 2019 at 6:17 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Without rape, most animal species would go extinct Alexmahone 34 4412 May 25, 2018 at 11:25 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Strange troglodyte species found in Turkmenistan cave Foxaèr 4 851 September 26, 2017 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  New Species Found in Oregon brewer 31 6281 February 11, 2016 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Do you think we could/will ever have two dominant[prime] species? Heat 11 3313 November 21, 2015 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Remains of new human species found ignoramus 32 6571 September 10, 2015 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: MTL
  Is there enough time for SPECIATION for million species drkfuture 11 6111 July 30, 2015 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Invasive Species IATIA 11 2658 July 17, 2015 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: rado84