Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 2:39 am

Poll: Guns Everywhere
This poll is closed.
I Support this Bill
16.67%
5 16.67%
I Oppose this Bill
83.33%
25 83.33%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG Guns Everywhere
RE: OMG Guns Everywhere
No violent crimes occur in these countries?
Open Carry

Thoughts?
[Image: Evolution.png]

About open carry in general:

Don't get into an argument with them. Don't make them think they'll argue with you. And drive very carefully – you don't want to end up like those two guys who shot each other with their legally obtained guns over the road rage incident.

Ultimately, it puts the unarmed normal that a massive disadvantage. You wouldn't argue with someone who has a gun. That's just stupid.

With concealed carry:

You at least have the illusion of them being just like you. You can openly talk and argue with someone who is concealed carrying because you don't think that they may lose their temper, and in a heartbeat, pull out a weapon and shoot you.

Open carry simply states your threat to others. Ultimately, the criminals will have the heads up about you and an normal unarmed citizen can only feel threatened in your presence.

Worst of all worlds
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(May 8, 2014 at 10:44 am)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Worst of all worlds

Agreed.
The last thing we need is a return to the lawlessness of the 19th century American West when nearly everyone was open carrying just in an effort to keep the balance.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(April 25, 2014 at 8:18 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: I am terrified! This is something that utterly terrifies me as a person without sight! Knowing that someone could easily kill me and I'd NEVER see it coming! Not to mention they can always use "Stand Your Ground!" and get away Scott free! I'm emailing this video to the NFB in Atlanta! Thanks for posting this! This bill is a danger to sight-impaired citizens everywhere.

We can solve your problem by requiring people carrying guns in public to wear spurs.
What we really need is a body armor everywhere bill.
(April 26, 2014 at 12:14 am)Minimalist Wrote:
(April 25, 2014 at 7:53 pm)KUSA Wrote: Considering that criminals carry their guns everywhere anyway what does this bill actually hurt?

Once again with the "criminal" boogeyman, eh?

Quote:From 1993 to 2008, among homicides reported to the FBI for which the victim-offender relationship was known, between 21% and 27% of homicides were committed by strangers and between 73% and 79% were committed by offenders known to the victims.

http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=4557

That gun is far more dangerous to you or your friends/family than any "criminal."

The reality is that open carry and/or concealed carry are perfectly legal in all states.

Open carry:
[Image: opencarrymap-Feb25-2014.png]

Concealed carry:
[Image: 800px-US_State_Concealed_Carry.png]
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
I can imagine everyone carrying guns and all of a sudden a fight breaks out, guns would be pulled out everywhere, where in a normal fight it would be fists and a few black eyes, and not gun shot wounds all round.
Re: RE: OMG Guns Everywhere
(May 9, 2014 at 9:11 pm)psychoslice Wrote: I can imagine everyone carrying guns and all of a sudden a fight breaks out, guns would be pulled out everywhere, where in a normal fight it would be fists and a few black eyes, and not gun shot wounds all round.

I carry a gun basically everywhere. If some idiot forced me into a fist fight that's all it would be. I would kick his ass and nobody would even know I had a gun.

The gun is there for threats to my life or my family's life. If I strongly feel that me or my family are about to die then someone is getting a second belly button or a third eye.
(April 25, 2014 at 8:18 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: I am terrified! This is something that utterly terrifies me as a person without sight! Knowing that someone could easily kill me and I'd NEVER see it coming! Not to mention they can always use "Stand Your Ground!" and get away Scott free! I'm emailing this video to the NFB in Atlanta! Thanks for posting this! This bill is a danger to sight-impaired citizens everywhere.

Not to worry! They allow the blind to conceal carry too! They don't want to discriminate. (Sadly, I'm not kidding..)
Find the cure for Fundementia!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Man Arrested for owning guns. onlinebiker 133 8470 July 26, 2021 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Of guns and fireworks OP/ED....... Brian37 22 1620 July 9, 2021 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Guns banned in Michigan State Capitol. onlinebiker 52 3452 January 13, 2021 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Lets hand out guns like candy. Kenosha edition. Brian37 15 807 August 27, 2020 at 9:10 am
  Guns Sales Booming onlinebiker 41 3306 June 22, 2020 at 7:09 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Guns and suicide onlinebiker 51 4821 August 9, 2019 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  [split] What is next for the United States? [GUNS] Brian37 104 7972 May 15, 2019 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  America is introducing 3D-printed guns now Alexmahone 29 2900 August 1, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Walmart raises minimum age requirement for buying Guns and Ammo Sterben 15 1869 March 2, 2018 at 9:42 pm
  Donald Trump wants to arm teachers with guns possibletarian 251 23240 February 26, 2018 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Fireball