Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guns banned in Michigan State Capitol.
Guns banned in Michigan State Capitol.
They passed a law prohibiting the open carry of firearms in the Michigan State Capitol building.

So you can't carry a gun in while you are taking a tour.

But I can.

Cool
RE: Guns banned in Michigan State Capitol.
(January 11, 2021 at 3:22 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: They passed a law prohibiting the open carry of firearms in the Michigan State Capitol building.

But I can.

Cool

Don’t feel pregnant. I’m sure there are tens of thousands of your fellow Michiganians who can bring a gun into the capitol building.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 11, 2021 at 3:22 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: They passed a law prohibiting the open carry of firearms in the Michigan State Capitol building.

But I can.

Cool

BFD
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Holy fuck, not this shit again.

#1 guns for home protection or hunting, fine.
#2 Guns for intimidation, when you support sedition, not fine.

My county courthouse, where county laws are made, DO NOT ALLOW FIREARMS.

If anyone is ok with that mob, or are ok with a plot on Michigan's Governor there is something seriously wrong with you.

The people who were in the State House a few months ago with weapons of war were not there for a "tour".

And it wasn't just firearms at the Capital last week. One man had riffles and Molotov cocktails. He was outside but he had every intent in using them if he had not been caught. You think I am joking, what are you going to say if some right wing nut uses an RPG in any state? There was a hangman's Noose built on the Capital Mall, and they were calling for the murder of Pence. What do you think they'd do if they had an RPG or a bomb?

If one is going to rightfully point at the Middle East and rightfully condemn their armed nutcases, then you cant be a hypocrite and ignore that these far right gun nuts have no interest in preserving the Constitution. They intend on destroying our Republic. It doesn't have to be 100% of Republican voters, but all it takes is just enough.
(January 11, 2021 at 3:47 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Holy fuck, not this shit again.

If anyone is ok with that mob, or are ok with a plot on Michigan's Governor there is something seriously wrong with you.

The people who were in the State House a few months ago with weapons of war were not there for a "tour".

And it wasn't just firearms at the Capital last week. One man had riffles and Molotov cocktails. He was outside but he had every intent in using them if he had not been caught. You think I am joking, what are you going to say if some right wing nut uses an RPG in any state? There was a hangman's Noose built on the Capital Mall, and they were calling for the murder of Pence. What do you think they'd do if they had an RPG or a bomb?

If one is going to rightfully point at the Middle East and rightfully condemn their armed nutcases, then you cant be a hypocrite and ignore that these far right gun nuts have no interest in preserving the Constitution. They intend on destroying our Republic. It doesn't have to be 100% of Republican voters, but all it takes is just enough.

Riffles are firearms if you spell it rifles.

I think Riffles are diet Ruffles.

BTW - I think ALL weapons should be temp banned at all government buildings for at least the rest of this month.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(January 11, 2021 at 3:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

But I can.

Cool

Don’t feel pregnant. I’m sure there are tens of thousands of your fellow Michiganians who can bring a gun into the capitol building.

Boru
Try 1 million.

There are about 1 million CCW permits issued in Michigan...

That's 10% of the population.

Smile
(January 11, 2021 at 3:51 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(January 11, 2021 at 3:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Don’t feel pregnant. I’m sure there are tens of thousands of your fellow Michiganians who can bring a gun into the capitol building.

Boru
Try 1 million.

Smile

Then it’s a stoopid fucking law, saying essentially, ‘If you’re going to bring firearms to the seat of government, make sure you have them well-hidden.’

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
For Brian-

I have one of these -

[Image: 31-800x323.jpg]
A Keltec SU16C - 5.56.semi auto rifle - and I could LEGALLY - yes - legally carry it into the state capitol loaded. (Concealed)

It is a legally REGISTERED pistol. (In Michigan only. They used to require it as the folded length is under 30 inches - while still capable of being fired. The law has since been changed and you can no longer register one as a pistol. But - the registration won't change until I sell it. I probably never will.)

Nice, eh?

(January 11, 2021 at 4:00 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 11, 2021 at 3:51 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Try 1 million.

Smile

Then it’s a stoopid fucking law, saying essentially, ‘If you’re going to bring firearms to the seat of government, make sure you have them well-hidden.’

Boru

No.

It says we trust people who go through legal procedures to be good people.

It is not legal for a punk with no permit to carry a gun. Anywhere.
I can't bring half my canes into the VA hospital.
(January 11, 2021 at 3:49 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(January 11, 2021 at 3:47 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Holy fuck, not this shit again.

Riffles are firearms if you spell it rifles.

I think Riffles are diet Ruffles.

BTW - I think ALL weapons should be temp banned at all government buildings for at least the rest of this month.

Um no. Always. 

What is to stop one of Trump's sycophants in Congress from actually using a gun on their fellow congressmen? There is a reason members of the CIA and Secret Service have microscope up their ass by the FEDS before they get the job. They don't simply get to have a gun around politicians. Politicians should not be allowed to carry weapons in any government building. The only people that should have them are law enforcement that protect the buildings. Just like airports don't allow weapons past security.

None of what I just said is a call to ban firearms even in the private sector. There are simply locations, where firearms should not be allowed. 

There was one Lady Congressperson who bragged about carrying on Capital Hill. When she got to shelter, with Pelosi, she didn't use it on Pelosi, why? Because she damned well knows that "carry" mantra is bullshit, and if she truly wanted to start a "revolution" which was not, but an act of sedition incited by Trump, she would of put her money where her mouth was. I am glad she didn't. I am glad she was a fucking coward. Pandering to militia nuts is a stunt, it is putting votes over sanity.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trans women banned from world chess LinuxGal 37 2854 October 15, 2023 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  California about to be the first state to administer reparations!s Huggy Bear 77 3811 April 3, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Man Arrested for owning guns. onlinebiker 133 6607 July 26, 2021 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Will leaving the state work in Texas brewer 19 914 July 13, 2021 at 6:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  Of guns and fireworks OP/ED....... Brian37 22 1209 July 9, 2021 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Vegan couple banned from owning pets Foxaèr 11 989 May 9, 2021 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Face coverings in public banned Foxaèr 10 724 March 10, 2021 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1652 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Escalating violence as armed protests planned in all 50 state capitals TaraJo 64 3429 January 15, 2021 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Michigan Bans Open Carry of Firearms at Polling Places onlinebiker 101 5515 October 29, 2020 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate