Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump wants to arm teachers with guns
Donald Trump wants to arm teachers with guns
Okay..

I mean seriously, more guns in school the solution ?
http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2018...chers.html
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
RE: Donald Trump wants to arm teachers with guns
Because norhing reduces casualties more than ignoring the cause of the problem and adding more guns.

An armed police presence MAYBE...
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 21, 2018 at 11:40 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Because norhing reduces casualties more than ignoring the cause of the problem and adding more guns.

Yes, to be fair he did also suggest having veterans on site, which i think may work.
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
(February 21, 2018 at 11:50 pm)possibletarian Wrote:
(February 21, 2018 at 11:40 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Because norhing reduces casualties more than ignoring the cause of the problem and adding more guns.

Yes, to be fair he did also suggest having veterans on site, which i think may work.

Still just a bandaid for the actual problem, though.
Dying to live, living to die.
As a teacher...

#1. Are we going to get paid more for this? My guess is no. They didn't pay us more when they required we become CPR certified (at least that made sense)

#2. What happens when a teacher decides to go ballistic on their students, and shoots up a school? Do you then give guns to the kids? Eventually everyone has a gun. That's the goal isn't it?

#3. The NYPD has roughly 40% firing accuracy. What do you really think our accuracy is going to be?

#4. What happens when I shoot the school shooter, then--another teacher, mistaking me for the gunman shoots me. Then the SWAT team arrives, and witnessing that teacher having shot me--the swat team mistakes the other teacher for an active shooter, and shoots them. Do my husband and kids get paid $3M in NRA money to hopefully make it all go away? Or does that money just go directly to Marco Rubio?

#5. I'm 5'4, and weigh roughly 110 lbs, how hard would it be for a student to overpower me and get my gun?
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(February 21, 2018 at 11:35 pm)possibletarian Wrote: Okay..

My mom was a lifetime teacher. Even as a mostly lifetime voting republican, she thought the idea of teachers with guns was bat shit insane.
Screening for weapons should be performed prior to entry to the school (if really required), not by people whose primary intent is educating the nation's youth. The orange-haired shitgoblin is just parroting something someone else said on this issue.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(February 21, 2018 at 11:59 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(February 21, 2018 at 11:35 pm)possibletarian Wrote: Okay..

My mom was a lifetime teacher. Even as a mostly lifetime voting republican, she thought the idea of teachers with guns was bat shit insane.

Just because republicans 5 years before might think something to be batshit insane right wing doesn’t mean republicans now wouldn’t think those holding the same opinion as left marxists.

(February 22, 2018 at 12:04 am)Fireball Wrote: Screening for weapons should be performed prior to entry to the school (if really required), not by people whose primary intent is educating the nation's youth. The orange-haired shitgoblin is just parroting something someone else said on this issue.

I think anyone who come within sight of trump or trump’s children during any of their public appearance should help guaranty their security by being required to carry a loaded gun.
(February 22, 2018 at 12:05 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(February 22, 2018 at 12:04 am)Fireball Wrote: Screening for weapons should be performed prior to entry to the school (if really required), not by people whose primary intent is educating the nation's youth. The orange-haired shitgoblin is just parroting something someone else said on this issue.

I think anyone who come within sight of trump or trump’s children during any of their public appearance should help guaranty their security by being required to carry a loaded gun.

No, the SS will be watching, and that's likely to get a person killed. I personally don't want to be within many miles of the Chump family or any of their sycophants.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Many schools have "school resource officers."  Generally, they quickly become tools to oppress students on behalf of the administration, especially if they are minority students.

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/ar...ts/414286/

Quote:There are about 19,000 sworn police officers stationed in schools nationwide, according to U.S. Department of Justice estimates, and stories about their school-discipline disasters cross Mo Canady’s desk all the time.

It's a shitty idea.  No wonder the WLB is all for it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KelTech to Help Arm Ukranians onlinebiker 9 606 March 23, 2022 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Man Arrested for owning guns. onlinebiker 133 6459 July 26, 2021 at 5:04 pm
  Of guns and fireworks OP/ED....... Brian37 22 1169 July 9, 2021 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Guns banned in Michigan State Capitol. onlinebiker 52 2916 January 13, 2021 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Donald Trump is Poor DeistPaladin 55 2179 October 2, 2020 at 6:12 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Lets hand out guns like candy. Kenosha edition. Brian37 15 663 August 27, 2020 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Guns Sales Booming onlinebiker 41 2686 June 22, 2020 at 7:09 am
  So ....... who wants to go bowling? ignoramus 15 1378 April 26, 2020 at 8:32 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  BREAKING: China's communist party wants to change the internet protocols WinterHold 32 2121 April 2, 2020 at 8:33 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Guns and suicide onlinebiker 51 4206 August 9, 2019 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie