Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walmart raises minimum age requirement for buying Guns and Ammo
Walmart raises minimum age requirement for buying Guns and Ammo
It's about damn time major retailers has stepped up to help with the raising gun problems we have in the U.S. They should of never carried those Air-soft guns that look like realistic assault rifles in the first place. If we can get Amazon on board, we will be making a dent in the problem.

https://news.walmart.com/2018/02/28/walm...rms-policy
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

RE: Walmart raises minimum age requirement for buying Guns and Ammo
Might be making a small dent.
I like what Walmart are doing, but I'd like to see my own modest programme implemented:

-Any attempt to buy an assault-style weapon precludes you from buy any firearm of any type for five years, pending a psychiatric evaluation.

-If a customer storms out of a gun shop after being informed of the three-day waiting period, police are to be alerted.

-'Concealed carry' would be permitted, but all holders of this permit would be required to wear a sandwich board proclaiming, 'I Am Armed.  This Is Because I Am Too Insecure To Leave My Home Without My Penis Extender'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The rotary glass had, maybe..one ar-15 in it at the store.  Now they just put another ruger autoloader where the ar-15 used to be, lol.  Cynical pr stunt.....from three years ago....that did what? They still carry the airsoft guns, btw...they just had the manufacturers add an orange tip on all the barrels that didn't already have them. They come off, ofc.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The biggest dent we could make would be to start on the mental health crisis in America. It would be easier politically, cheaper, more moral and might actually work.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(March 2, 2018 at 5:33 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: The biggest dent we could make would be to start on the mental health crisis in America. It would be easier politically, cheaper,  more moral and might actually work.

What about raising the price of ammo? If they did that and forced the manufacturers to give 35% of their profits along side a 12% from the retail to a mental health/drug fund to benefit an overall improvement state of our country's background check and mental health system. We we will never be able to rid ourselves of the gun nuts, but at least they help with the this issue from their hobby.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

(March 2, 2018 at 5:33 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: The biggest dent we could make would be to start on the mental health crisis in America. It would be easier politically, cheaper,  more moral and might actually work.

That is predicated on the idea that all mass shooters are mentally ill. Being violent isn't a mental illness. Hey, I'd love to see more access to mental health care in this country, but, off the top of my head, I can only think of two mass shootings where the perpetrator was definitely mentally ill and not just angry at the world.
(March 2, 2018 at 10:18 am)Sterben Wrote:

What about raising the price of ammo? If they did that and forced the manufacturers to give 35% of their profits along side a 12% from the retail to a mental health/drug fund to benefit an overall improvement state of our country's background check and mental health system. We we will never be able to rid ourselves of the gun nuts, but at least they help with the this issue from their hobby.

Yeah, I'd be in favor of that. I mean just a tax on guns and ammo that funds mental health care.
Hehe, they're already funding conservation...how many things do you want to make dependent on gun and ammo sales for funding?  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 2, 2018 at 11:24 am)Shell B Wrote:

That is predicated on the idea that all mass shooters are mentally ill. Being violent isn't a mental illness. Hey, I'd love to see more access to mental health care in this country, but, off the top of my head, I can only think of two mass shootings where the perpetrator was definitely mentally ill and not just angry at the world.

Only two? I think most of them are mentally ill. A sure sign is if you go shoot a bunch of strangers for no reason. That's a bit cheeky, but there has been research done on the link.

https://www.google.es/amp/www.latimes.co...utType=amp

Quote:

At the broadest level, peer-reviewed research has shown that individuals with major mental disorders (those that substantially interfere with life activities) are more likely to commit violent acts, especially if they abuse drugs. When we focus more narrowly on mass public shootings — an extreme and, fortunately, rare form of violence — we see a relatively high rate of mental illness.

According to our research, at least 59% of the 185 public mass shootings that took place in the United States from 1900 through 2017 were carried out by people who had either been diagnosed with a mental disorder or demonstrated signs of serious mental illness prior to the attack

It wouldn't surprise me at all if a chunk of the remaining 40% had an undiagnosed mental illness either. That you only can think of two isnt a knock on you, but just shows the poor job the media does on reporting it, and how the discussion always gets swamped by the gun discussion, even though that's really and unsolvable problem because gun owners of America in the U.S. are not going to give up their guns. This is a solvable one though and one that you can get gun owners on board with.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last French Survivor of D-Day Leon Gautier dies at the age of 100 (Monday July 3rd) Leonardo17 0 357 July 8, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Man Arrested for owning guns. onlinebiker 133 6584 July 26, 2021 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Of guns and fireworks OP/ED....... Brian37 22 1193 July 9, 2021 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Guns banned in Michigan State Capitol. onlinebiker 52 2958 January 13, 2021 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Carter Cool AGE..... Brian37 5 439 October 7, 2020 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Sal
  Lets hand out guns like candy. Kenosha edition. Brian37 15 674 August 27, 2020 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Guns Sales Booming onlinebiker 41 2717 June 22, 2020 at 7:09 am
  Walmart follows Dicks sporting goods...... Brian37 106 7562 September 5, 2019 at 3:27 pm
  Guns and suicide onlinebiker 51 4246 August 9, 2019 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  [split] What is next for the United States? [GUNS] Brian37 104 6697 May 15, 2019 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37