Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 10:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Just Say...
RE: Let's Just Say...
(June 11, 2014 at 10:42 pm)Revelation777 Wrote:
(June 11, 2014 at 10:41 pm)Losty Wrote: Lmao If you will be so kind as to look around you, you might notice that this is the internet.

Just requesting civility and respect.

Tough shit. You're not getting any from me. Arrogant jerks who come here to tell us why they're so right and we're so wrong deserve nothing but condemnation -- and a hardy FUCK YOU!
It looks like Elvis has left the building.
(June 11, 2014 at 9:44 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: He may of been dealing with evil monsters of men, but He was incredibly patient and merciful.
Drowning a world full of infants and children because God was unhappy with their parents doesn't qualify as merciful. Even if you trot out the whole "baby murder is okay as long as it's God because they get to go to heaven" defense, drowning is one of the worst ways to die, and God intentionally and individually (as befits an omniscient being) maximized the suffering of innocents. So merciful.

Quote:Where in the Bible does it say that there are denominations? You are either a believer or not. Simple.

The Bible has to be interpreted correctly. Which interpretation is correct? If there's not one correct interpretation, what's the point?

Quote:Do you wink at the great evil of men throughout history and hold contempt towards God?

Your god, if he existed, would be personally and ultimately responsible for every evil act of man, because his power gives him the responsibility to use it for good ends.

Free Will is not an excuse, either. God knew exactly what would happen if he did this, and the evil that results from mankind's alleged free will only happened because he allowed it. If God wanted us to use free will, he should have also designed us to better understand its consequences.

So, no winking. Just acknowledging that evil men only existed because God explicitly desired them to exist, and only did the evil they did because God is irresponsible.

Quote:I wish it wasn't either. I also wish cancer wasn't real either.
Well, isn't it your lucky day! Only one of those actually exists!

If this wasn't true, remember that Hell only exists because God intended to put people there. It didn't just naturally occur and nobody is forcing God to use it.

Quote:Did Hitler die to save mankind?

He absolutely, 100% thought he did.

Quote:Satan is pretty cunning considering he duped 1/3 of the angels and a vast majority of mankind.

That's funny, because it's just about 1/3 of mankind who has been duped into believing that Satan is real.

(June 11, 2014 at 9:59 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Unfortunately, for you at least, the plan of salvation is through His Son and none other.

Unfortunately for you, Jesus makes it very clear in his Sermon on the Mount that, looking back, virtually no Christians ever living have ever even come close to meeting the standards he set for entry to heaven. You're all going to hell right along with us. You know it, too. That's why you take such great pains to misinterpret that sermon to make it sound like you have a special exception to all the rules in that sermon.

Don't worry, we'll keep your seat warm for you if we go first. And maybe you'll luck out and just end up with a rape demon instead of being forced to drink molten glass or whatever.
The "Devil" is a figment of an ill-formed mind. It can be outgrown.
(June 10, 2014 at 11:55 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Let's Just Say that there is a God and He is the one described in the Bible. As much as you disagree or believe in the contrary, humor me and let's say that this is the case. If that be so and there is a hope for eternal life by placing your faith in Christ, would you accept that and receive Him? Or, would you defiantly reject this offer?

So you want us to pretend what you pretend (that your god is real) so that we can pretend to "receive" him (the way that you pretend to)? Sounds like an exercise in chuckle-fuckery to me.
"If there are gaps they are in our knowledge, not in things themselves." Chapman Cohen

"Shit-apples don't fall far from the shit-tree, Randy." Mr. Lahey
I'm curious Strongbad, how you can stand being a 'stealth member'? I can't help but want to respond.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(June 15, 2014 at 5:25 pm)Luckie Wrote: I'm curious Strongbad, how you can stand being a 'stealth member'? I can't help but want to respond.

I guess "Stealth Member" seemed like a better descriptor than "Lurker" to me. I often get the urge to respond to posts, especially the inane posts made by christians, but for the most part I think that engaging them is generally futile and pointless.
"If there are gaps they are in our knowledge, not in things themselves." Chapman Cohen

"Shit-apples don't fall far from the shit-tree, Randy." Mr. Lahey
But fun.

In a sad sort of let's-all-poke-the-funny-man-with-a-pointy-stick way.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 12, 2014 at 12:07 pm)Creed of Heresy Wrote: I agree~

And again I say, you tease me with these promises Angel
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Is there only 1 true god based on scriptures...
If so, which scriptures are true and which scriptures are false?

That would categorically mean alienate and condemn the vast majority of the world any which way you go...
I do hope hell has seating and not standing room only.

Maybe he can give me leniency due to my agnosticism because:
I wasn't rushing into worshipping just any god you know ...oh, no, I wanted to make sure!
So I waited till I died!

(either way, since I can't dazzle him with brilliance, I'll baffle the bastard with bullshit!)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things religious people say Foxaèr 1208 90870 Yesterday at 4:40 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 18190 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What will you say to God when you stand before him? The Valkyrie 78 9408 March 5, 2021 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Lightbearer
  Let's be biblically literary Foxaèr 53 5343 September 24, 2019 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Stoneheart
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4403 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  Let's say we evolved from Lions Mystic 27 4370 May 29, 2018 at 10:21 am
Last Post: brewer
  Let's edit the NT. Gawdzilla Sama 27 3234 January 26, 2018 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Lets say that tomorow it will be proven that God doesn't exist , religion will fade , notimportant1234 54 11555 October 28, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
Question Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it? theBorg 52 9319 October 3, 2016 at 9:02 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ? jenny1972 299 47279 November 3, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: jenny1972