Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 1, 2024, 1:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abiogenesis is impossible
RE: Abiogenesis is impossible
(June 27, 2014 at 8:00 am)Rhythm Wrote: chicken coup

I for one welcome our new poultry overlords.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Suppose we discover life on Mars or on one of the outer moons. Some people will claim that it arrived on magic comets.
Not some. Just you.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Don't you worship at the church of Magic Comets?
Wow. Seriously?
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Yes. Yes I do. Whatever makes you feel better.
Rolleyes
(June 27, 2014 at 5:02 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(June 27, 2014 at 8:00 am)Rhythm Wrote: chicken coup

I for one welcome our new poultry overlords.

I bet they'd be clucking god at it.Cool Shades

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(June 27, 2014 at 7:16 am)Stimbo Wrote: Is there a similar example of the text making clear the flood was anything other than global?
text mentions geographical markers that pertain to the mesopotamian-Persian gulf region- Arabia area. those markers include four major rivers, and 'springs of the deep' (area has huge aquifers); this area was habitable and arable roughly 40,000 years ago with high mountains surrounding. all reference and depictions of a 'world' flood is from an ancient perspective which at that time meant people not geography.
certain groups have propounded 6 24 hour days for creation and the 'global' flood' has been invoked to explain away earth's old age geophysical markers.
Atheist Credo: A universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
Its still a whopper of a lie- if the flood were supposed to have been local. You get that, right? There has never been (and cannot have ever been) a flood fitting that description. Not even locally. We seem to think that by making the bowl smaller, filling it up with water will be made easier (and easier to fly under the radar - to remain mysterious and "possible"). That's not how our weather (or our soil) works. If we want that flood we're going to have to invoke the forces necessary. Rgr?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
"bones in all living mammals' ears arose at least twice along independent evolutionary pathways"
http://www.phschool.com/science/science_...bones.html
common descent took a big hit. a better interpretation of the observation is that God reused the design.
Atheist Credo: A universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Impossible to love a monster Foxaèr 18 2105 April 6, 2018 at 8:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Oklahoma Republican wants to make secular marriage impossible. Esquilax 82 22362 February 6, 2015 at 3:42 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Christianity almost impossible without indoctrination FreeTony 118 33286 February 17, 2014 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Hell is theologically impossible if God is omnipotent. Greatest I am 104 47680 January 14, 2012 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Adam and Eve impossible searchingforanswers 70 46697 September 9, 2011 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  The Bodily Resurrection of Christ was Impossible bjhulk 3 4598 February 8, 2011 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Argument for atheism from impossible actions Captain Scarlet 16 7571 September 1, 2010 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: everythingafter