Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 6:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damned Republicunts
RE: Damned Republicunts
Episode #49

Kentucky, this time.

http://fatlip.leoweekly.com/2014/07/03/s...ange-mars/

Quote: I give you the honorable Sen. Brandon Smith, R-Hazard:

“As you (Energy & Environment Cabinet official) sit there in your chair with your data, we sit up here in ours with our data and our constituents and stuff behind us. I don’t want to get into the debate about climate change, but I will simply point out that I think in academia we all agree that the temperature on Mars is exactly as it is here. Nobody will dispute that. Yet there are no coal mines on Mars. There are no factories on Mars that I’m aware of.”

First of all, I did not make up that quote, it’s quite real.

Secondly, while the average temperature on Earth is roughly 58 degrees Fahrenheit, the average temperature on Mars is approximately -80 degrees Fahrenheit. In Sen. Smith’s defense, he’s only off by about 138 degrees or so, which happens sometimes.

Mind-numbingly stupid but I'm intrigued by his assertion that "in academia" as if he is a member of it? Since when did home-schooled asswipes become 'academia'....except in the bible belt?
Episode #50

How appropriate that #50 should go to the king of the asswipes, John Boehner.

This is apparently Boehner's idea of "solid funding."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/09/bo...lly-solid/

Quote:“I think Chairman Camp and the members of the Ways and Means Committee have a really solid bill to help pay for the shortfall, if you will, in the Highway Trust Fund for the next eight or nine months,” Boehner told reporters.

Camp’s $10.9 billion plan would be paid for with some fund transfers and revenue-raising measures, including $6.5 billion in new revenue from “pension smoothing,” an accounting move that allows companies to delay contributions to employee pension plans. This boosts short-term corporate profits, producing more tax revenue collected by the U.S. Treasury.

And then they wonder why there are deficits.
Holy fuckballs, this is stupid and irresponsible. I suppose this means the Social Security Trust Fund IOU drawer can't take anymore. Underfunded pensions are just now recovering from the recession so the same assholes that were using an 'Obama takeover of retirement accounts' as a scare campaign during the last election cycle are proposing a financial mechanism that ensures underfunded pensions.

Congress delays funding for current obligations so now they think it's a good idea for corporate America. Idiots. I wonder what the Sphincter of the House would think about my plan to pay my 2014 tax obligation in 2080?

Fucking cowards. The best solution is easy, but will be wildly unpopular; raise the gas tax (you know, the tax that specifically generates revenue for the highway fund). This won't happen because Congress knows the stupid average American will take a gas tax hike to the ballot box, but is too stupid to realize he/she will pay via the tax distributed in every good and service purchased.

Just another reason why we need a system like the FairTax. Also an example of how the system is manipulated to remove accountability via the vote that someone was waxing poetic about.
The "Fair" Tax is anything but.

Sales taxes are regressive and would fall disproportionately on the poor.

Rich motherfuckers love sales taxes.
(July 9, 2014 at 2:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The "Fair" Tax is anything but.

Sales taxes are regressive and would fall disproportionately on the poor.

Rich motherfuckers love sales taxes.

Agree, which is why I said 'like' the FairTax. The FairTax prebate does attempt to make the FairTax progressive, but I don't think it provides enough balance. Our last attempt at a luxury tax backfired. Perhaps augment a national sales tax with an income tax above a certain value?
What we need is a progressive income tax which is actually progressive...like it was before that senile old fuck Reagan came along.
Episode #51

WTF?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/10/mn...uses-aids/

Quote:A Republican candidate for the Minnesota House of Representatives repeated a false theory this week that AIDS was caused by sperm enzymes entering the anus of another male.

Bob Frey, who cites his work in helping Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) to defeat a “profiles in learning” education program as a major accomplishment, told the MinnPost that his opposition to the “gay agenda” was about the “financial impact of that agenda.”

“It’s more about sodomy than about pigeonholing a lifestyle,” he explained. “When you have egg and sperm that meet in conception, there’s an enzyme in the front that burns through the egg. The enzyme burns through so the DNA can enter the egg.”
Episode #52 - (it seems to be accelerating.)

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/07/10...tail=email

Quote:Virginia GOP Senate candidate says minimum wage is for drinking beer and playing softball
More ironic than stupid. An excellent example of why people should STFU most of the time.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/07/10/...ignite.com

Quote:Republican ‘Abstinence-Only’ Crusader’s 17-Year-Old Daughter Is Pregnant

Quote:Cassidy has made a name for himself as somewhat of a “abstinence-only” crusader. Last year, he co-sponsored the Abstinence-Only Reallocation Act, which would award grants and special funding to public and private schools which stuck to teaching only abstinence instead of a more comprehensive lesson plan on sexual behavior. The bill, authored by perennial bad ideas machine Sen. Lindsay Graham (R-SC), has been tabled in Congress, but Louisiana teens aren’t in the clear.

Despite efforts by some legislators to address this problem, Louisiana is one of the leading abstinence-only promoters in the country. In roughly one-third of all schools in the state, students are taught exclusively abstinence. No safe sex. No birth control. Nothing but “Don’t do it.” And you know how good kids are at listening to adults when they tell them not to do something…

It might explain why Louisiana currently has the 6th highest teen pregnancy rate in the nation. And while most of the country has been seeing major declines in teen births, Louisiana’s has hardly changed.

Now, it appears Cassidy’s own daughter contributes to those statistics.

Who could have seen this coming?
Episode #53:

Immigrants from Central America are bringing ebola...according to Georgia republicunt shithead.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/14/ga...a-virus-2/

Quote:Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-GA) wrote a letter to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) containing unsubstantiated claims that the recent surge in immigrants from Central America has brought with it the Ebola virus, Mother Jones reported.

“Reports of illegal immigrants carrying deadly diseases such as swine flu, dengue fever, Ebola virus and tuberculosis are particularly concerning,” Gingrey’s letter stated. “Many of the children who are coming across the border also lack basic vaccinations such as those to prevent chicken pox or measles.”

I'm not sure if he is relying on the fact that people in his district are too stupid to know the difference between Africa and Central America, or, if he is so stupid that he doesn't know.

I'd rate it a toss up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official "Damned Trump" Thread Silver 4318 406281 December 8, 2022 at 5:45 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Official 'Damned Cruz' Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 103 6105 April 9, 2021 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. onlinebiker 37 3139 August 7, 2019 at 5:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Damned Racists, Vol II Minimalist 323 32142 August 3, 2019 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are There Any Republicunts Who Aren't Crooks? Minimalist 19 2360 October 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What Do Republicunts Talk About Behind Closed Doors? Minimalist 3 590 August 9, 2018 at 2:02 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Fucking Republicunts Won The Special Election Out Here Minimalist 3 862 April 25, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  This is Why Republicunts Have To Go Minimalist 29 6330 April 22, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Republicunts Go Off The Deep End Minimalist 5 1459 March 24, 2018 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  SCOTUS Invites Republicunts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 11 2427 February 6, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Angrboda