Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 6:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why knocking is so important.
RE: Why knocking is so important.
Just use the fucking doorbell.
freedomfromfallacy » I'm weighing my tears to see if the happy ones weigh the same as the sad ones.
(August 28, 2014 at 11:12 am)Tonus Wrote: He said "average" gravitational acceleration rate.

the average where, is the point. This 'average' is only a good average at or near sea level, in a warm enviroment.

the average rate of gravitiational acceleration in denver will always be higher than the average in NYC
(August 28, 2014 at 12:41 pm)Drich Wrote:
(August 28, 2014 at 11:12 am)Tonus Wrote: He said "average" gravitational acceleration rate.

the average where, is the point. This 'average' is only a good average at or near sea level, in a warm enviroment.

the average rate of gravitiational acceleration in denver will always be higher than the average in NYC

ROFLOL

Did you read that in the bible?

ROFLOL

Tell me, what do you imagine to be the rate of gravitational acceleration near the orbit of the moon in the shadow of the earth, 388,440 kms above sea level and about 200 degrees centigrade below 0?

It is so cute when bible believing ignoramus morons think a habit of relying on wishful interpretation of total bullshit equips them to speak with smug complacency on issues that require ordinary level of real education and understanding.

I suppose if you can be a Christian, you have to be able to believe your own farts and objective truth to be the same.

Now go and suck on another bible Popsicle.
(August 28, 2014 at 10:55 am)Drich Wrote: You said 1.5 billions muslims can also claim they got what their god promised. I said you do not understand that religion, because you are assuming that muslims are also promised what I have reported Christians have been promised. This is not true. Muslims and Christians are not working for the same goals and or promises.

I never said Muslims and Christians are promised the same thing by their gods, only that they both claim to have proof that their gods live up to their promises.

Muslims point to the Koran itself as a promise from their god, and that it (in the original Arabic) is a miracle.

Quote:Aside from the promises of assureances that muslim believer need not worship any other God because allah will love them if they are faithful.. Allah makes no promises to be activly carried out and verifiable in this life. It's all geared for the next one..
There are only 25 muslim identified promises of allah (I only count about a dozen the rest are religious fluff) and nothing execept the assurance of harship can be verified in a believer's life. even then that is a two part promise and the second part can not be verified till after Death.

Here is a Sura that does promise results in this world:

Sura al-Nal 16:97

Whoever does righteousness, whether male or female, while he is a believer - We will surely cause him to live a good life, and We will surely give them their reward [in the Hereafter] according to the best of what they used to do.

Quote:Christians on the other hand Are offered to have God Himself be incorperated into their being.

And in Islam, Allah offers Muslims ma’rifah.

The descriptions of ma’rifah sure sound an awful lot like Allah is incorporated into their being.

"It is because of this that the mystics and scholars of spirituality state that the notion of ‘seeking God’ is one which is founded upon a misunderstanding. We do not need to search for God, because God is already present with us, in fact closer to us than our jugular vein and even our own hearts:

And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein (50:16)

“Neither [the vastness of] My earth, nor [that of] My heaven can contain Me. Indeed it is the heart of the man of faith which can contain Me.”

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(August 28, 2014 at 12:41 pm)Drich Wrote:

Flunked out of physics, didn't you?
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
"How do you know this to be true? Because the internet told you? because you read it in a book? Even if what you read was correct, you should then ask are their any other variables that can change this formula? "

Because I took an object and dropped it through a set of laser gates which measured the time it took to fall and the velocity of the object at different points. I then used the data to calculate the rate of acceleration. The answer I got was within tolerances I would expect of the accepted answer, providing for errors in significant figures and small errors in the equipment. Because of this I find the answer of 9.807m/s•s to be credible.

"What if i told you the gravitional rate on earth increases when the drag coefficient decreases? so to say "The gravitational acceleration rate on Earth is 9.8 m/s²" is at best an estimation. because the higher up you go the higher the gravitional rate will increase up to an objects terminal velocity. as the atmosphere thickens more drag is applied and the terminal velocity will decrease and the acceleration rate will also decrease the closer one gets to sea level..."

Hahaha!!!

No.

The rate of acceleration due to gravity decreases the further you get from sea level. I have a very nice potential energy curve in my physics book that shows this. The air resistance is a completely different factor, a differential that decreases with an increase in altitude. The reason you might assume as you do is because the rate at which the air resistance differential approaches zero is greater than the decrease in the change in acceleration due to gravity.

Physics nitpicker, away!!!
Almost fifty pages in, I still don't know why knocking is so important. You'd think a deity would make his proxies a little more concise.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
If drich stops knocking his head against a hardcover bible, even he might start to disbelieve his own bullshit, that's why knocking is so important.
(August 28, 2014 at 10:55 am)Drich Wrote: How do you know this to be true? Because the internet
told you? because you read it in a book?

Holy shit, the irony's thick in here. I think we're gonna need the thermite.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 28, 2014 at 12:41 pm)Drich Wrote: the average where, is the point.
He said "the average gravitational acceleration rate on Earth."

You responded to him that 'other variables can change the formula' (I assume that you mean that other variables can change the result). My point is that the word "average" takes this into account; by definition, it recognizes that the results fall into a range that is dependent on one or more variables.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Are Questions About God Important? Confused-by-christianity 623 47922 June 12, 2024 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The most important reason I'm xtian Jacob(smooth) 64 17424 December 11, 2013 at 6:05 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Why is faith important? Question Mark 120 38399 March 19, 2013 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Baalzebutt
  Faith more important than Reality? superstarr 19 7379 July 1, 2010 at 4:51 am
Last Post: superstarr