Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 3:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Day will come as a trap on all the world
RE: That Day will come as a trap on all the world
Quote:Depending on the time zone you are in - the Rapture (the day no man knows- an idiom for Rosh Hashanah) will be within 24 hours of the 25th of September 2014.

No. Fucking. Way.

AND 'THE CRAZIEST MOTHER FUCKER HERE' AWARD GOES TO.... *drum roll*
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
There must be some way we can ban him. Isn't there a rule against wilful stupidity? Come to think of it that would trap all the theists.

Where are the mods when you need them?
One of you noted the word "Rapture" is not in the bible (been reading your posts to my wife who agrees w/ you that I am crazy but she thinks I love the action).

Yes, the word is not there and neither is the word "Trinity".

The word translated "Caught up" is the word - harpaso (spelled something like that), it means -snatched.

Paul wrote- I tell you a mystery- we shall not all sleep (die) - in a moment- at the Last Trump- the dead in Christ will rise incorruptible and we who remain will be CAUGHT UP together with them in the clouds.

At the Jewish wedding, the groom comes at night to snatch his bride. We would call that an elopement but for them, that was standard practice.
The Jewish wedding is the pattern Messiah will follow for His own wedding to His bride - the Church.

Jewish wedding sequence- Groom visits bride/pays price for her; if she agrees to marry him/ he goes away to build a house for her/ after it is built and OKed by his father/ the groom comes unannounced to fetch her/ they go to the place prepared for a week/ the wedding dinner&party comes after the couple emerge from the week/ they spend a year together.
The year correlates w/ Noah's year in the ark and the year duration of the Great Trib..
Damn! I just a kudos from this insane guy! That's it, I'm consigned to Hell, for sure. Oh, wait.....

Diablo
(September 3, 2014 at 5:52 pm)Diablo Wrote: Damn! I just a kudos from this insane guy! That's it, I'm consigned to Hell, for sure. Oh, wait.....

Diablo

Consigned to the asylum more like! Anyone have a straight jacket? Tongue
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
(September 3, 2014 at 11:58 am)professor Wrote: Depending on the time zone you are in - the Rapture (the day no man knows- an idiom for Rosh Hashanah) will be within 24 hours of the 25th of September 2014.
Can't wait!
Remind me to get some popcorn!
Popcorn
(September 3, 2014 at 6:02 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(September 3, 2014 at 11:58 am)professor Wrote: Depending on the time zone you are in - the Rapture (the day no man knows- an idiom for Rosh Hashanah) will be within 24 hours of the 25th of September 2014.
Can't wait!
Popcorn

I had beer and popcorn ready when Camping's predicted day arrived.

Kinda disappointing not to see nutjobs flying away, but the beer wasn't wasted.
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 3, 2014 at 6:02 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
Can't wait!
Popcorn

A strictly philosophical question: If you shoot raptureees out of the sky as they ascend to heaven, is it still murder? Tongue
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Quote:I will admit to you guys in one last post that I am an ass.

Too late. The word is already out.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA *gasp* HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA *wheeze*HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA *chuckle snort guffaw* HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Hugs and kisses,

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1401 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2762 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Chris Brown should be come a Christian Tarasoft11 15 2542 September 7, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. SavedByGraceThruFaith 2761 767225 September 6, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How Long Will Christians Wait for the End Time to Come? Rhondazvous 237 36838 September 3, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 69387 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  'it will come back to you' Longhorn 23 5120 June 20, 2015 at 11:52 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Christians Come to the Waters... daver49 2 1264 March 20, 2015 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why Christians come to atheist forums watchamadoodle 112 25007 March 17, 2015 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  And Hells come back to haunt me themonkeyman 515 226587 April 15, 2014 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: snowtracks