Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 4, 2024, 5:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Day will come as a trap on all the world
RE: That Day will come as a trap on all the world
(September 13, 2014 at 10:17 pm)professor Wrote: Hi Tonus,
If the Rapture comes on the 25th, you will have about a year to wait for the Restoration which follows the Day of Atonement, Sept 22-23 (the Jewish day begins at sundown the evening before and ends at sundown the next day).
This would be the 2nd Coming @ year 6000, the Grand Jubilee #120.

Jesus will be fulfilling the remaining 3 feasts of Israel (the word is Moed and means- "Appointment / Rehearsal") - Rosh Hashanna, Atonement and Tabernacles.
In the same way as He fulfilled the first 4 feasts in His 1st Coming, between what we call "Holy week" and Pentecost.

One of you posted the fable of Darby inventing the Rapture in the 1800s- Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Paul said, "the dead in Christ will rise first, then we which remain shall be changed- in a moment - in the twinkling of an eye and we will be caught up (the word is Harpazo, which means to be snatched quickly away - the word we have come to call Rapture).

Jesus said to the Philadelphia church (the second last)- "Because you have kept the word of my patience-
I will keep you from (eck- OUT of) the hour of testing that is coming upon the whole world -to test them".
The Philadelphia group correlates with Noah who went UP over the flood.

The last church- Laiodecia is told they will be spit out.
They are spiritually blind naked and in poverty while saying about themselves that they are rich and in need of nothing.
This is the church that correlates with Lot, who was living in a place of notable evil, and who was rescued at the last moment.
Spiritually blind naked and poor.

The sequence of the Jewish wedding portrays exactly the sequence the Heavenly Bridegroom is following-

1) The girl accepts the cup of wine (agreeing to marry)
2) The groom pays the Bride Price
3) He goes to prepare a place for her
4) He receives permission to get her from his dad when the place is ready
5) He comes in the middle of the night with a shout
6) She trims her lamp and goes to meet him
7) They are in the wedding chamber a week- alone
8) They emerge for the wedding banquet

Do you happen to notice the number of new beginnings in the above?
Eight people were preserved in the ark of Noah.

We are between stage 3 and stage 4 of the Wedding Sequence.

I'm about to have my 20th wedding anniversary. I think of this as part of the wedding sequence, just not in capital letters.

But you are quite right that end times is a very old idea. Jesus thought it would happen within the generation alive at the time of his demise. Obviously he was wrong. So was every predictor of end times since, and the predictors have been legion. Many of them made more sense than you do. So, I think I'll enjoy my 20th anniversary trip and not worry much up the end of the world on the week after. I'm sure we'll all be around and no more harmed than usual at Christmas this year and next.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Hahaha, stop it prof! I just found a diary by a 2000-year-old Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey and it said that "Verily, the one who calleth himself a teacher on the forums of the godless is full of bovine excrements. The end of the world shall happen when the Sun expandeth to engulf Earth in its fiery embrace. I say this unto you, for I have seen it. And it was FAN-TAS-TIC!"
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
[Image: Doctor+Who+Gif+Dump+_610f83_5256258.gif]
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(September 3, 2014 at 12:13 pm)ShaMan Wrote:
(September 3, 2014 at 11:58 am)professor Wrote: What is coming is not the end of the world.
The world never ends - it does get new management.

My simple prediction...

Humans will destroy themselves. The Earth will regenerate itself as it has in the past.

Let us hope that if there is new management that it will little resemble our kind.
Totally agree and no theology is required to know it, just a familiarity and willingness to see human nature for what it is.
The Human Race is insane.
If the Rapture comes on the 25th, you will have about a year to wait for the Restoration which follows the Day of Atonement, Sept 22-23 2015 (the Jewish day begins at sundown the evening before and ends at sundown the next day).

Quick question. You claim that next year is year 6000. Where did you get this number?

The Jewish calendar is only on year 5774. There's a good 226 years left before it is year 6000...

(14 September 2014 = 19th of Elul, 5774)
"Yes, I am a Free Lover. I have an inalienable, constitutional and natural right to love whom I may, to love as long or as short a period as I can; to change that love every day if I please, and with that right neither you nor any law you can frame have any right to interfere. And I have the further right to demand a free and unrestricted exercise of that right, and it is your duty not only to accord it, but as a community, to see I am protected in it. I trust that I am fully understood, for I mean just that, and nothing else."
— Victoria Woodhull, “And the truth shall make you free,” a speech on the principles of social freedom, 1871
If the Rapture comes on the 25th, you will have about a year to wait for the Restoration which follows the Day of Atonement, Sept 22-23 2015 (the Jewish day begins at sundown the evening before and ends at sundown the next day).
Alright, but what does that mean? Will there be a clear and visible sign that something happened this year? Or is this just the start of a pattern of "something is gonna happen on this future date for sure" statements? I was a JW, remember; "Here She Comes" is like their theme song.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
TL;DR
What's the actual date as prophesied by the great OP? I don't have the patience to comb through the bullshit to find the date where I wish to bet all my money on as not being "That Day" (with the OP betting all their money that it is, obviously; I could "win" a bet like this by betting on literally any day until the end of time).
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
Good questions ( I like it).
Jenny,
Jesus told his disciples- some standing there would see the kingdom of God.
That was a prophecy of His transfiguring on the Mount with Moses and Elijah- Peter and John were the two who saw it.
Nowhere is it recorded that Jesus thought or said the end of the age would happen in his lifetime.
The apostle writing in the book of Acts, quoted Malachi about the pouring out of the Holy Spirit in the last days.
We have been in the last days for 2000 years- a "Day" being equivalent to a thousand years. A day with the Lord is as a thousand years.

Keri,
The Jews intentionally left out over 200 years from their calendar.
I can't prove it, but when the time prophesied for the Messiah passed and they, having rejected the real one, needed to fudge the calendar by omitting years BC. The omission was intentional. I cannot prove the motivation.
Bishop James Usser did a genealogical / historical calculation centuries ago and got a ball-park reading.
I followed a link to - http://www.torahcalendar.com/

The thousand years = one (long) day is seen with a correlation between the days of Genesis to events in history:
Genesis- day 2 God divided the land from the waters
Historical- the Flood occurred in the 2nd thousand years

Genesis- day 4 God created the celestial lights
Historical- the Light of the world (Jesus) came on the 4th thousand year

Genesis- Man created on the 6th day
Historical- Man's technology, travel, knowledge goes exponential in the 6th thousandth year.

Genesis- Day of Rest
Historical- dead ahead

What confirms the Torah Calendar guys, are the events for Israel as prophesied by Rabbi Ben Judah in the 1200s-
That Jerusalem would be controlled by the Ottoman Turks for 8 Jubilees (400 yrs) from 1517.
Then Jerusalem would be a wasteland for one Jubilee (the 9th one) and in the tenth Jubilee would be the time of Messiah.

Historical- the Turks lost Jerusalem in 1917 when General Allenby dropped fliers over Jerusalem to surrender the city.
The Turks, thinking Allenby meant "messinger of Allah" fled the city.
(1517-1917 = 400 yrs/ 8 Jubilees)

For 50 years after that, Jerusalem actually had a "No man's land".
(the 9th Jubilee)

In 1967 Jerusalem became totally under the control of Israel.
That began the tenth Jubilee the rabbi spoke of.
The next Jubilee year begins in 2016 in the Fall and runs to the Fall of 2017.
Umm .. so are you guys rapturing or aren't you? Please don't let the atmosphere swat your ass on the way out .. but do go, soon. I want to dwell with the non-nutjobs until we really do deplete the earth and bring on the 'end of (human) days'. Have a nice trip and try not to worry about us. We really do not want to go. Bye bye.
(September 14, 2014 at 11:06 am)professor Wrote: Genesis- Man created on the 6th day
Historical- Man's technology, travel, knowledge goes exponential in the 6th thousandth year.

Is this to say that you acknowledge the archaeological evidence of anatomically modern human's existence stretching back some 200,000+ years (days?) and that we really took off (technology, agriculture, civilization, written language) in just the past 10,000 years or so? Is this what you mean by "goes exponential"?

If so, do you find it at all suspicious that within that same time period, your 6 thousandth year, we also get a surge of creation stories and religions formed?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1466 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2797 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Chris Brown should be come a Christian Tarasoft11 15 2600 September 7, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. SavedByGraceThruFaith 2761 780863 September 6, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How Long Will Christians Wait for the End Time to Come? Rhondazvous 237 37507 September 3, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 70803 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  'it will come back to you' Longhorn 23 5149 June 20, 2015 at 11:52 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Christians Come to the Waters... daver49 2 1272 March 20, 2015 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why Christians come to atheist forums watchamadoodle 112 25537 March 17, 2015 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  And Hells come back to haunt me themonkeyman 515 228735 April 15, 2014 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: snowtracks