Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 1:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Jesus a God or a man?
RE: Was Jesus a God or a man?
Can you give examples, please.

(September 25, 2014 at 4:21 pm)C4RM5 Wrote: Can you give examples, please.

Leviticus 25:44
'Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves."

Seems like you wouldn't want to follow that.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
All this is saying is Jews were peemitted to have slaves at the time, I son't feel a great need to have a slave. It is also saying Jews are not allowed to have Jewish slaves.

(September 25, 2014 at 4:26 pm)C4RM5 Wrote: All this is saying is Jews were peemitted to have slaves at the time, I son't feel a great need to have a slave.

Do you believe it's alright to own slaves?
- Thomas Jefferson
(September 25, 2014 at 4:26 pm)C4RM5 Wrote: All this is saying is Jews were peemitted to have slaves at the time, I son't feel a great need to have a slave. It is also saying Jews are not allowed to have Jewish slaves.
Yeah, and while it's good that your sense of morality is better than God's, nothing else about what you said is okay.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Depends what you define as a slave.

(September 25, 2014 at 4:28 pm)C4RM5 Wrote: Depends what you define as a slave.

Wow, really? Owning another human being as property that you can pass down to your children and trade with.
- Thomas Jefferson
(September 25, 2014 at 4:28 pm)C4RM5 Wrote: Depends what you define as a slave.

Offer me a definition...the one that you had in mind when you decided to opine upon the issue, if you please.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Also a slave wasn't forced into slavery as they are today. People became slaves becaus hey chose to. If they couldn't provide for themselves rhey would sell themselves as a slave. Some chose to become slaves to have their needs provided by he masters. Masters were instruces on how to treat theie slave Deuteronomy 15:12–15 12 “If your brother, a Hebrew man or a Hebrew woman, is sold2 to you, he shall serve you six years, and in the seventh year you shall let him go free from you. 13 And when you let him go free from you, you shall not let him go empty-handed. 14 "You shall furnish him liberally out of your flock, out of your threshing floor, and out of your winepress."

Masters were also instructed to treat their slaves justly and fairly.

I am against modern day slavery, it is cruel, harsh and unjust. People are trapped and inslaved into it.

(September 25, 2014 at 4:35 pm)C4RM5 Wrote: Also a slave wasn't forced into slavery as they are today. People became slaves becaus hey chose to. If they couldn't provide for themselves rhey would sell themselves as a slave. Some chose to become slaves to have their needs provided by he masters. Masters were instruces on how to treat theie slave Deuteronomy 15:12–15 12 z“If your brother, a Hebrew man or a Hebrew woman, is sold2 to you, he shall serve you six years, and in the seventh year you shall let him go free from you. 13 And when you let him go free from you, you shall not let him go empty-handed. 14 "You shall furnish him liberally out of your flock, out of your threshing floor, and out of your winepress."

No, sorry Mr. "All the Bible is true", the Jews took slaves by force all the time, usually after destroying another tribe. We aren't talking about indentured servitude, and even if we were I would still be morally against it. The bible explicitly endorses slavery, there's no way you can backpedal out of that. I'm asking, do you think it's moral?

Oh, and that little thing about being required to free slaves after six years? That only refers to Jewish slaves, not other slaves, and you can still keep the Jewish slaves forever if you give them a wife and they have children and they don't want to leave their wife.

"Masters were instructed to treat their slaves justly and fairly"? Are you serious? You can beat the shit out of them as long as they don't die in a few days or lose an eye. I don't know what bible you're reading.

But again, the plain question, do you think slavery is moral, as it's endorsed by the Bible?
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Physical man VS Spiritual man Won2blv 33 6638 July 9, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Russian man on trial for 'no God' comment in internet chat zebo-the-fat 20 3443 March 3, 2016 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Man created god Silver 10 3789 December 6, 2015 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Sappho
  The Seat of Man's Intellect: What Says Your God? Mudhammam 38 15946 August 31, 2015 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7675 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  jesus wasn't really a man backslider 34 6210 October 1, 2014 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Exian
  Only man is fit to be God. Greatest I am 60 10395 August 31, 2014 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  If Jesus was just a man, why all the stories? 1tasolo 38 9988 January 31, 2014 at 8:43 am
Last Post: catman
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 13397 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Should God the Father adore man for teaching him better morals and ethics than what he has taught man? Greatest I am 21 10100 March 13, 2013 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am