Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 11:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2)
RE: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1)
(November 24, 2014 at 7:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:WLC is a good rhetorician, and nothing more.

Craig would not know a fact if it bit him in the ass.

Also kind of my point.
(November 24, 2014 at 7:36 pm)His_Majesty Wrote:
(November 24, 2014 at 7:27 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: And his source was what? Tacitus wasn't born until decades after the event in question - he couldn't have had personal knowledge of the events. So how did he know?

Well, then there shouldn't be a "history" subject in our school system, since every history teacher was born centuries after Columbus, the famous wars, and any other event in history.

And if you say "well, they are using contemporary sources"...well, the same could be said about Tacitus.

The difference is, that in the former case, we actually *have* contemporary sources, and in the latter, we do not. Has this escaped you?

What precisely were Tactitus' contemporary sources? (Hint: they don't exist.)
This thread is beginning to smell like an Abo's armpit on a summer day.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(November 24, 2014 at 7:30 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Fool.

Quote:Jesus was born around the time of either Herod the Great's death (4 acE) or the Roman annexation of Judea (6 CE), then preached in Galilee and was crucified under Pontius Pilate (26-36 CE) during the reign of Emperor Tiberius (14-37 CE). Right? Well, we're not really sure. Because Christians weren't really sure. Some Christians bel ieved Jesus died during the reign of Emperor Claudius (41-54 cE). Others believed he was executed by a Herod, not Pilate. And still others were certain he was born and died in the reign of King Alexander Jannaeus (103-76 BeE). That's right. Some Christians believed Jesus had lived and died a hundred years earlier than our Gospels claim.

Carrier pg. 281

You have no idea when your bullshit story was codified. Your ignorance is typical of the breed so I can't blame you. In fact, after listening to your prattle the best for you is to take your bible and stick it and your head up your ass. You are a hopeless case.

P.S. Tacitus is a forgery....and he said "Chrestianos" not "Christianos."

[Image: Highlight_of_MII.png]

Bullshit....but lets go with that...so "Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures of a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Chrestianos, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at that hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilate

All historians, whether Christian or not, know that there was only one man from whom the label "Christian" was applied to, and that is Jesus of Nazareth.

Feeble objections...feeble.
Did you forget what I mentioned about Nero, that fastening of guilt, and your other sources already? Hint: now you've lost Pliny in order to maintain a forgery. Gratz.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 24, 2014 at 7:43 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: All historians, whether Christian or not, know that there was only one man from whom the label "Christian" was applied to, and that is Jesus of Nazareth.

Now you're begging the question.

Keep at it. This is entertaining.
(November 24, 2014 at 7:41 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: The difference is, that in the former case, we actually *have* contemporary sources, and in the latter, we do not. Has this escaped you? What precisely were Tactitus' contemporary sources? (Hint: they don't exist.)

How do you know who is contemporary and who isn't? Or are you just believing what someone told you? Ahhh, I see.

No really, I really want to know...how DO you know that George Washington was our first President? Were you there?? Ahhhhh yes yes...you have to believe what you were told, right? ROFLOL

Well, so did Tacitus.

(November 24, 2014 at 7:47 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Now you're begging the question.

Do we have a historical record of any other person besides Jesus of Nazareth who gained a following of believers called "Christian"? No, we don't.

Keep the foolishness coming.

(November 24, 2014 at 7:42 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: This thread is beginning to smell like an Abo's armpit on a summer day.

Boru

And I am the guy fumigating the odor Big Grin
(November 24, 2014 at 7:49 pm)His_Majesty Wrote:
(November 24, 2014 at 7:41 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: The difference is, that in the former case, we actually *have* contemporary sources, and in the latter, we do not. Has this escaped you? What precisely were Tactitus' contemporary sources? (Hint: they don't exist.)

How do you know who is contemporary and who isn't? Or are you just believing what someone told you? Ahhh, I see.

No really, I really want to know...how DO you know that George Washington was our first President? Were you there?? Ahhhhh yes yes...you have to believe what you were told, right? ROFLOL

Well, so did Tacitus.

Are you really this stupid?

(November 24, 2014 at 7:49 pm)His_Majesty Wrote:
(November 24, 2014 at 7:47 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Now you're begging the question.

Do we have a historical record of any other person besides Jesus of Nazareth who gained a following of believers called "Christian"? No, we don't.

You don't even have that (it is, in fact one of the questions we seek to answer here), and given that it's one element of what you're trying to prove, it's absolutely question begging to assert it here.

(November 24, 2014 at 7:49 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: Keep the foolishness coming.

Indeed. It's entertaining.

But please, do continue as if your entire argument isn't fallacious.
(November 24, 2014 at 7:49 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: No really, I really want to know...how DO you know that George Washington was our first President? Were you there?? Ahhhhh yes yes...you have to believe what you were told, right?

Even David Barton isn't this fucking stupid.
(November 24, 2014 at 7:58 pm)Cato Wrote: Even David Barton isn't this fucking stupid.

Even David Blaine couldn't make you magically post an intelligent objection to this shit.

He would say "Hey, I do magic, not miracles".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 52 2601 June 12, 2024 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 4705 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 8195 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Creating Christ JML 26 3311 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 3491 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1498 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3612 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2893 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 16280 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Consecrated virgins: 'I got married to Christ' zebo-the-fat 11 2098 December 7, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda