Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 7:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rape in the Bible
RE: Rape in the Bible
Did they get away with it in court on religious grounds?

Surely not! That is utter horse shit if they did. The law should always trump superstition.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 3, 2014 at 4:39 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Yes...two dudes getting it on consensually is what "sex" is. A crowd of men having their way with a woman without any regard for her consent is what "gang rape" is. How hard is that to understand?
That's easy to understand, but that's not the scenario given. The very reason that the women were offered was because the gang wouldn't take "no" for an answer regarding the men. They were near to breaking the door down to get at the men. Yet, you guys try to spin it as consensual. Interesting.
(December 3, 2014 at 4:21 pm)alpha male Wrote: You give another possible reason that Lot was punished. Thanks!

Oh sure, he was very badly punished. The poor man was even coerced into drunkenly fucking and impregnating his daughters. At least he had wine and good company in this cave of his.

So what can we learn from this nice little story? Pimping to be gang raped and fucking the own daughter. Still worthy to be saved. Sodomy, very bad, justifies genocide.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(December 3, 2014 at 4:35 pm)robvalue Wrote:
(December 3, 2014 at 4:14 pm)Chad32 Wrote: If you can get away with killing children through neglect, and claim religion as an excuse, I don't see why you can't get away with rape by claiming religion as an excuse.

Do you mean things like refusing blood transfusions?

Has someone actually used that as a valid defence then? (In recent times)

No, I mean telling a judge that your child died while you were trying to faith heal him, and the judge letting you go.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(December 3, 2014 at 4:45 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(December 3, 2014 at 4:39 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Yes...two dudes getting it on consensually is what "sex" is. A crowd of men having their way with a woman without any regard for her consent is what "gang rape" is. How hard is that to understand?
That's easy to understand, but that's not the scenario given. The very reason that the women were offered was because the gang wouldn't take "no" for an answer regarding the men. They were near to breaking the door down to get at the men. Yet, you guys try to spin it as consensual. Interesting.
Huh? Who the hell is spinning it to be consensual? Lot offered his daughter up like a lambchop to a pack of fucking wild dogs. Nothing consensual about it.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(December 3, 2014 at 4:45 pm)abaris Wrote: Oh sure, he was very badly punished. The poor man was even coerced into drunkenly fucking and impregnating his daughters. At least he had wine and good company in this cave of his.

So what can we learn from this nice little story? Pimping to be gang raped and fucking the own daughter. Still worthy to be saved. Sodomy, very bad, justifies genocide.
Lot was in a desperate situation which would not have even come about if not for the gang that wanted to rape his guests. Yes, they clearly deserve far worse punishment than Lot. It's only your bias that blinds you to this.
That has happened? I'm very shocked. No judge should accept such crap.

I mean, religious beliefs can be anything. I can claim my religion tells me to buttfuck my child in order to heal it. Or that it's essential to poke out one of its eyes.

At least most religious types secretly know that praying will do fuck all and still take their kid to the doctor. It's an admission that in fact God won't save your child.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(December 3, 2014 at 4:53 pm)alpha male Wrote: Lot was in a desperate situation which would not have even come about if not for the gang that wanted to rape his guests. Yes, they clearly deserve far worse punishment than Lot. It's only your bias that blinds you to this.

Then thank dog I'm biased on this one. Couldn't bear to look in a mirror thinking differently.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Utter abandoning of one's humanity in order to justify crusty old Bronze Age superstitious tome.

Sad.

Index of my best videos
it's sacrificing reason on the altar of superstition
Celebrate Reason ● Think For Yourself
www.theHeathensGuide.com
[Image: heathens-guide.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Satanic Bible vs Christian Bible ƵenKlassen 31 7765 November 27, 2017 at 10:38 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Church demands the victim apologize to pastor's wife since the pastor did the rape. Foxaèr 122 16458 September 17, 2016 at 4:30 am
Last Post: rado84
  Mormon: "There is no such thing as rape." Tiberius 148 36032 December 9, 2014 at 11:03 am
Last Post: John V
  Did King David rape Bath-sheba? Tonus 77 25351 December 3, 2014 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Drich
  Stop Masturbation Now! And Help Preventing Self Rape. Zidneya 19 11695 June 28, 2014 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Muslim cleric wants Canadian women to cover up to prevent rape. Ziploc Surprise 5 2874 July 21, 2012 at 9:42 am
Last Post: toro
  Jaysus effin' Christ!! Santorum on abortion due to rape LarissaAnn 54 23775 January 29, 2012 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  The rape of Africa Ziploc Surprise 8 4657 January 20, 2012 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist