Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 4, 2024, 6:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2)
RE: MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2)
(December 16, 2014 at 7:11 pm)whateverist Wrote: Are those what I think they are? And ribbed for her comfort I see.

I don't think they're designed for women ...or adults. *Cringe*
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(December 16, 2014 at 7:15 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(December 16, 2014 at 7:11 pm)whateverist Wrote: Are those what I think they are? And ribbed for her comfort I see.

I don't think they're designed for women ...or adults. *Cringe*

Maybe we use them to find out an accurate body temperature.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(December 16, 2014 at 1:27 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: So basically, the Staff has the right to play God...got it.

Can you prove we aren't gods? If not, we obviously must be.
(December 16, 2014 at 8:29 pm)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote:
(December 16, 2014 at 1:27 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: So basically, the Staff has the right to play God...got it.

Fuck.

Now I don't believe in Mods.

Angel

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(December 16, 2014 at 8:29 pm)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote:

Green staff aren't. For a practical demonstration, attempt to ban me. :p
(December 16, 2014 at 1:32 pm)JonDarbyXIII Wrote: [quote='His_Majesty' pid='820073' dateline='1418750322']
Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades were three persons all with the same (divine) nature. How is that polytheism, yet yours is monotheism?

Because with Christianity, the Father, Son, Holy Spirit are all co-equal. All possess the attributes of the four omni's (omniscience, omnipresent, omnipotence, omnibenevolence)....the same cannot be said for those guys you mentioned...Poseidon was born, he began to exist...but then again, so did Hades and Zeus.

(December 16, 2014 at 2:00 pm)whateverist Wrote: So, if you found a lost tribe in the Amazon or in New Guinea that had never encountered other people, would you classify them as naturalists if they didn't carry bibles? They may be naturalists in the higher sense of wearing no cloths but would they have to have a full blown theory of 'nature' as the cause of it all?

Sometimes I think you missionaries believe that everyone must have a preoccupation akin to your own with god. That isn't necessarily true. Just because I don't have a theory of everything like your GodDidIt theory doesn't mean I must have some other theory. Maybe I just don't give a damn about primary causes and movers.

It isn't really a necessary component of a modern mindset and more often is a compliment to a medieval one.

Dude, if life didn't get here via intelligent design, then the default position is life arose naturally without divine intervention. So when you reject Goddidit, then you are accepting naturedidit.

(December 16, 2014 at 2:02 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: The whole staff messed it up for you, dude. We voted to merge your threads. We vote on lots of things. Stay tuned.

I asked was this a democracy or dictatorship, and I was told it was neither...but based on what you are saying, it is a democracy.

There was absolutely no reason to merge the threads, I had the shit set up the way I wanted it...each part were separate parts which all cumulatively leads up to the conclusion...when one part ran its course, I move to the next one.

They were all separate so it wouldn't be one long thread with hundreds of pages...that was the point...order.

But its all good. Keep exercising your executive powers.

(December 16, 2014 at 2:04 pm)Sionnach Wrote: I do not see a case being built, though.

Most atheists don't.

(December 16, 2014 at 2:05 pm)whateverist Wrote: I for one promise to act surprised but you'd be surprised how unoriginal this shit really is.

No need to reinvent the wheel when it is already a 2 billion dollar seller....get it, 2 billion?

(December 16, 2014 at 2:35 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: Sweet Reason, not only do you provide no evidence, you don't even know what you're claiming.

The Trinity is more than just Jesus and Yahweh are both similar gods. The Trinity is the assertion that there is only ONE god.

Dude, first of all, the Trinity is my favorite Christian doctrine, so I know EXACTLY what the doctrine is all about...second, I said that all three (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) share the same DEITY. The Father is the Almighty, so if the Son and Holy Spirit share the same Deity as the Father, they must also be Almighty. One God, three persons. I thought I made that point clear, but apparently not.

(December 16, 2014 at 2:35 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: The reason Jesus can forgive sins and be the divine intercessor ("no one comes to the Father but by me") is because Jesus is God. And the reason Jesus prays "not my will but thy will be done" and "no one knows the day, not even the Son but the father only" is because Jesus is not God. Jesus is fully divine and fully human, fully part of God and yet fully independent from God, depending on the needs of the story at the time.

Bullshit...everything that the Father can do, the Son can do...and there is scriptural evidence for this..and there was never a point where Jesus was not God.

(December 16, 2014 at 2:35 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: That you don't even know the theology you're defending, that I as a non-believer must explain Christianity to you, is probably the most pathetic part of this entire thread of yours.

Dude, what the HELL are you talking about? You make it seem as if you provided the best definition of the Trinity doctrine, EVER...nothing that you said (besides the "Jesus is not God crap") negated my description of the Trinity. NOTHING. I said ALL THREE SAME THE SAME DEITY OF GOD. That is what the Trinity is, they are all God...one God...three persons.

What you did was over analyze shit. I guess you just wanted to let everyone know that you know what the Trinity doctrine is...or you just found out about it and you want the world to know that you learned something...whatever the case may be, you didn't negate anything that I said.

(December 16, 2014 at 2:35 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: Tell you what, I'll be generous.

Just tell me the story of the resurrection. You don't need to provide any proof that it happened. All you have to do is reconcile ALL FOUR GOSPEL ACCOUNTS with one another. You are not allowed to cherry pick. You are not allowed to omit anything. You are not allowed to contradict any part of the Gospels.

Tie it all together in one coherent, non-self-contradicting story and I'll be impressed.

Jesus lived, was crucified, buried, and Resurrected and appeared to his followers on the third day. All Gospels agree to that, except Mark who only has the Resurrection account...but that is good enough.

So there you have it, the Resurrection story that all Gospels agree on...anything else you want to know you need to be more specific, but you got what you asked for.

(December 16, 2014 at 8:29 pm)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: Can you prove we aren't gods? If not, we obviously must be.

You people can't even tell me how life came from nonlife, yet you are Gods? ROFLOL

(December 16, 2014 at 8:32 pm)Beccs Wrote: Fuck.

Now I don't believe in Mods.

Angel

Why are you upset for not believing in false gods?Thinking
(December 16, 2014 at 9:44 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: Bullshit...everything that the Father can do, the Son can do...and there is scriptural evidence for this..and there was never a point where Jesus was not God.
Scriptural...evidence.

I'm going to go away to my happy place now.

Carry on.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin
(December 16, 2014 at 9:44 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: and there is scriptural evidence for this..

Scriptural evidence is evidence of scripture. It is neither evidence of history nor reality.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(December 16, 2014 at 12:41 pm)His_Majesty Wrote:
(December 15, 2014 at 9:52 pm)Thor Wrote: We should all eat shit! 800 trillion flies could be right!

I promise you I will start eating shit, right after you...I promise.

No, thanks. All the available evidence indicates shit doesn't taste very good and it's not particularly healthy to eat. But if you ignore the evidence and just have faith, I'm sure shit will go down quite nicely.
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
(December 16, 2014 at 9:44 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: Because with Christianity, the Father, Son, Holy Spirit are all co-equal. All possess the attributes of the four omni's (omniscience, omnipresent, omnipotence, omnibenevolence)....

They clearly didn't share the same will. Why, then, should they be regarded as the same entity?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 52 2754 June 12, 2024 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 4882 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 8297 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Creating Christ JML 26 3411 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 3524 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1526 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3727 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2939 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 16918 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Consecrated virgins: 'I got married to Christ' zebo-the-fat 11 2134 December 7, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda