Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 9:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Ham cries persecution over SNL skit
Ken Ham cries persecution over SNL skit
Quote:Over the weekend, Saturday Night Live‘s Weekend Update segment featured the songwriting duo of Garth & Kat, who never seem to prepare their songs ahead of time. (You love ‘em or you don’t.)

At one point, when anchor Michael Che told them they needed to leave the studio, they pleaded their case by saying “We came all the way from the Creation Museum!” (“Yeah! Moses had a dinosaur. Did you know that?”)
There were a few laughs, but the joke fell pretty flat.
Wouldn’t you know it, though, Ken Ham saw this as Christian Persecution in action:

The reason I’m posting this video is to demonstrate that the mocking of anything Christian in the culture is growing. We see increasing attacks by the secularists on Christianity — they have become so bold now that they’ve been successful in removing crosses, Nativity scenes, and Ten Commandments displays, and have been imposing their own atheistic religion on the culture. Recently, they have been increasingly spreading lies in a propaganda campaign of misinformation about our future Ark Encounter project (and had been doing that in regard to the Creation Museum for many years).

Imagine what would happen if the cast of Saturday Night Live mocked Muslims? I wonder if they have ever mocked atheists in the same way they do Christians?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...ight-live/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Ken Ham cries persecution over SNL skit
It's a good question re:muslims. But does he really think that there would be some terrible backlash if they mocked atheists?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(December 22, 2014 at 3:57 pm)Sionnach Wrote:
Quote:Over the weekend, Saturday Night Live‘s Weekend Update segment featured the songwriting duo of Garth & Kat, who never seem to prepare their songs ahead of time. (You love ‘em or you don’t.)

At one point, when anchor Michael Che told them they needed to leave the studio, they pleaded their case by saying “We came all the way from the Creation Museum!” (“Yeah! Moses had a dinosaur. Did you know that?”)
There were a few laughs, but the joke fell pretty flat.
Wouldn’t you know it, though, Ken Ham saw this as Christian Persecution in action:

The reason I’m posting this video is to demonstrate that the mocking of anything Christian in the culture is growing. We see increasing attacks by the secularists on Christianity — they have become so bold now that they’ve been successful in removing crosses, Nativity scenes, and Ten Commandments displays, and have been imposing their own atheistic religion on the culture. Recently, they have been increasingly spreading lies in a propaganda campaign of misinformation about our future Ark Encounter project (and had been doing that in regard to the Creation Museum for many years).

Imagine what would happen if the cast of Saturday Night Live mocked Muslims? I wonder if they have ever mocked atheists in the same way they do Christians?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...ight-live/

Coincidentally I was just reading that

[Image: 54478315_whinyCROCKERwithDramaQueenWords...large.jpeg]
Dying to live, living to die.
Quote:The reason I’m posting this video is to demonstrate that the mocking of anything Christian in the culture is growing. We see increasing attacks by the secularists on Christianity — they have become so bold now that they’ve been successful in removing crosses, Nativity scenes, and Ten Commandments displays, and have been imposing their own atheistic religion on the culture.

Fighting to leave religious symbols out of public life is not persecution, it is following basic constitutional principles. Unlike Christians, atheists almost never impose disbelief on others - It's the other way around, no one is forcing churches to close and spreading lies about how moral Christians are.

Perhaps the reason why Christianity is so criticised is because it deserves it - Heck even my girlfriend is becoming an atheist
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Religious people aren't special snowflakes. SNL has poked fun of many things but I doubt Ham gets angry at those things.

The Creation Museum is such an easy target that I doubt know why it isn't mocked more often.
Don't want your beliefs mocked? Keep them to yourself. Everything is fair game for satire, etc.

I'll add that ridiculous beliefs are tautologically ripe for ridicule.
If Ken Ham is mad then they did something right. Actually it's not very hard to make that guy cry.
Here's what I find hilarious: the joke that Ham is upset about is literally just mentioning the name of his museum, plus what is by all accounts a fairly accurate representation of its contents, since the creation museum really does claim that dinosaurs existed contiguously with man.

How is that an attack on his beliefs?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Ham wants so much to be persecuted, and I want so much to help him. And I mean old-school, The Passion of the Christ-style persecution. If that bitch wants to cry every time someone snorts and chuckles over his ridiculous beliefs, I'm prepared to give him something real to cry about. Fuck him and his Flintstones theology.

Yeah, I get grumpy in the afternoon.
(December 22, 2014 at 6:14 pm)Esquilax Wrote: How is that an attack on his beliefs?

Because it just is! Any attack on a theist's beliefs is a personal attack on Baby Jesus Himself, didn't you know that?!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FFRF is pissing off Ham and the Christians..... again. brewer 157 14063 January 24, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ken Starr Resurfaces Minimalist 0 284 March 30, 2018 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ken Ham wants to ruin Halloween Foxaèr 31 6565 October 16, 2017 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: FFaith
  Ken Ham is a Tax Dodger chimp3 17 3288 July 22, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ham's Barge is Empty SteelCurtain 32 3619 April 8, 2017 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Ken Ham's ark sinking? Jackalope 25 6551 October 29, 2014 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Heywood