Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Ham's ark sinking?
Ken Ham's ark sinking?
Looks like Ken Ham's hiring practices resulted in his tax incentives being put on hold, putting his Ark boondoggle in jeopardy.

Quote: "[S]erious concerns" were raised by a job posting for an Ark Encounter position that required applicants to provide salvation testimony, a creation belief statement, and agreement with the "Statement of Faith" of Ark Encounter's parent organization, Answers in Genesis.
RE: Ken Ham's ark sinking?
(October 28, 2014 at 9:25 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Looks like Ken Ham's hiring practices resulted in his tax incentives being put on hold, putting his Ark boondoggle in jeopardy.

Quote: "[S]erious concerns" were raised by a job posting for an Ark Encounter position that required applicants to provide salvation testimony, a creation belief statement, and agreement with the "Statement of Faith" of Ark Encounter's parent organization, Answers in Genesis.

Is that an iceberg I see?

ROFLOL
Dying to live, living to die.
They'll make it through. I watched the video of the scientist walking through the Creation "Museum" the other day, let me find it...

This guy is completely and utterly flabbergasted by what he finds... the Ark Encounter will be no different.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
[Image: graphics-noahs-ark-316385.jpg]
(October 28, 2014 at 9:25 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Looks like Ken Ham's hiring practices resulted in his tax incentives being put on hold, putting his Ark boondoggle in jeopardy.

Headline could also read "Anti Discrimination Law could cost the state 54 million dollars over the next 10 years!"

The whole point of the incentive is to help them build the tourist attraction....to attract tourist and tax their purchases.

(October 28, 2014 at 9:33 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: They'll make it through. I watched the video of the scientist walking through the Creation "Museum" the other day, let me find it...

This guy is completely and utterly flabbergasted by what he finds... the Ark Encounter will be no different.

The creationist scientist should realize that science is looking at the world....and theology is looking at the world. Both are looking at the same thing so there should not be any contradictions between science and theology at all.
One thing about science is that we know a wooden boat made to the specifications listed in the bible wouldn't float. It would tear itsself apart and sink.

Scientists and theists both look at the world, but one draws conclusions based on evidence, and the other looks for evidence that supports their conclusions.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(October 28, 2014 at 10:09 pm)Heywood Wrote: The creationist scientist should realize that science is looking at the world....and theology is looking at the world. Both are looking at the same thing so there should not be any contradictions between science and theology at all.
Theology is almost exactly NOT looking at the world, or any observable thing in it. That's why theology reaches different conclusions than science. Come one, dude. Between you, me, the Bible, and the T-Rex in my back yard-- something's fishy, isn't it? You'd think that if 4-meter tall dinosaurs were stepping on people's huts and eating their sheep, that eventually they'd make their way into scripture, wouldn't you? "Verily I say unto thee, thy Velociraptor hath no place in the House of the Lord" or maybe: "The Lord, in His anger, sent a plague of pterodactyls to vex Pharoah, but He did harden his heart so that he said, 'Not even flying fucking lizards will cause me to set free the people of Israel.'" You know, something obvious, like that?
Seems that Ham...in addition to being a creatard fuckhead...is no financial whiz, either.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2013-11...uni-credit

Quote:Noah’s Ark Depends on Faith in Default-Plagued Debt: Muni Credit

Quote:Given the default history of unrated municipal debt, investors may have to pray for the success of bonds being sold to build a full-scale replica of Noah’s Ark.

Maybe Kentucky has just figured out a way to shed this leech's dependency on it? Fucking jesus wasn't much of a banker!
(October 28, 2014 at 10:09 pm)Heywood Wrote: The creationist scientist......

ROFLOL

(October 28, 2014 at 10:09 pm)Heywood Wrote: ......should realize that science is looking at the world....and theology is looking at the world. Both are looking at the same thing so there should not be any contradictions between science and theology at all.

Yes. The one finds out shit, and hedges what he says to avoid overreaching. The other makes shit up as he goes and does not recognize any limit to the scope of his bullshit.

There should be no contradiction between them.

The last extra brain cell you have on drippy is dying, woody.

(October 28, 2014 at 10:51 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Seems that Ham...in addition to being a creatard fuckhead...is no financial whiz, either.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2013-11...uni-credit

Quote:Noah’s Ark Depends on Faith in Default-Plagued Debt: Muni Credit

Quote:Given the default history of unrated municipal debt, investors may have to pray for the success of bonds being sold to build a full-scale replica of Noah’s Ark.

Maybe Kentucky has just figured out a way to shed this leech's dependency on it? Fucking jesus wasn't much of a banker!

I guess he disbelieved what the interest rates say about his ability to remain solvent as much as he disbelieved what Radioactive decay rates say about the age of the earth.
I'm sure Standard and Poor's is hanging on every word of that fucker's "beliefs."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FFRF is pissing off Ham and the Christians..... again. brewer 157 12567 January 24, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ken Starr Resurfaces Minimalist 0 264 March 30, 2018 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ken Ham wants to ruin Halloween Foxaèr 31 6244 October 16, 2017 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: FFaith
  Ken Ham is a Tax Dodger chimp3 17 3193 July 22, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Creationist builds Ark, admission: $40 mediocrates 20 5997 May 25, 2017 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ham's Barge is Empty SteelCurtain 32 3227 April 8, 2017 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  "Ark Encounter" Officially Open! Spooky 152 17744 July 25, 2016 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Noah's Ark Creationist Theme Park MTL 37 2996 June 24, 2016 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Noah’s Ark Theme Park Destroyed In A Flood TubbyTubby 3 1215 April 22, 2016 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I'm guessing Kentucky had the good sense to be embarrassed about that ark. Ryantology 19 3689 December 27, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Cyberman