Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 3:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
RE: Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
(February 3, 2015 at 9:35 pm)Beccs Wrote: Odin ALLFather created it from nothing.

Christian origins delusions are wrong.

Exactly.

[Image: IceGiants.jpeg?width=737&height=573]
(January 9, 2015 at 2:26 am)snowtracks Wrote:
(January 8, 2015 at 12:30 am)snowtracks Wrote: "Also nasa found more earth like planets and even ones that could support life like ours" - flawed analysis, but nice try though.
The film brings before the public eye astonishing results from recent large-scale surveys of our Universe which disclose surprising evidence of a preferred position in the cosmos, aligned with our supposedly insignificant Earth. http://www.theprinciplemovie.com/about/

Lawrence Krauss signed the release form and cashed the check, and claims nothing.
http://beforeitsnews.com/contributor/upl...posite.jpg
Atheist Credo: A universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
Lalala <-- old age earth christian
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
I think it's hysterical if the new apologetic approach is "we have evidence that the earth is the center of the universe, and a cashed check by Lawrence Krauss to prove it!"
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(February 6, 2015 at 8:45 am)Tonus Wrote: I think it's hysterical if the new apologetic approach is "we have evidence that the earth is the center of the universe, and a cashed check by Lawrence Krauss to prove it!"

I'm not sure if this is better or worse than the geocentrists I ran into during my stint at worthychristianforums.

One of them posted a thread called 6 Falsified 'Scientific' Theories / 6 Scientific Facts (the thread is archived and cannot be replied to). One of them was gravity. I was having a hard time wrapping my head around that one. I thought "WTF? I thought everyone but the roadrunner got gravity.". His explanation was a bunch of quantum woo that I didn't know enough about to refute, so I moved on with my life.

Then, I came to the heliocentrism point in the thread. My first thought was "We've known that shit was wrong for five centuries due to the phases of Venus!". He then goes on to excuse this away with Tycho Brahe's alternate cosmology, which states that the planets revolve around the sun (solving the phases of Venus thing), but the sun revolves around the Earth. I thought "That's bullshit. We know a larger body doesn't revolve around a smaller one because of gravi... Ohhh. That's why they don't believe in gravity!".

I'd give him one point for all the effort he put into trying to reconcile that one esoteric verse of the Bible, and then I'd take three points away for him being a fucking retard and all that presupposition.
(February 6, 2015 at 1:25 am)snowtracks Wrote:
(January 9, 2015 at 2:26 am)snowtracks Wrote: The film brings before the public eye astonishing results from recent large-scale surveys of our Universe which disclose surprising evidence of a preferred position in the cosmos, aligned with our supposedly insignificant Earth. http://www.theprinciplemovie.com/about/

Oooh! Quotes taken out of context! I'm so convinced. Not.

Quote:
Quote:
[hide]we observe living, consciousness, emotions, and spiritual; atheism and naturalism are self-defeating in that they demand these attributes originate from the physical. and, nothing matters in the end, no purpose, no justice.

Self-defeating? How? Just because you can't be told your purpose and have to man-up and find your own?

Quote:
Quote:
not one of the all the evolution theories to try to explain Cambrian has gained any traction, or credence.

Explain what about the Cambrian?
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(February 6, 2015 at 10:17 am)Chas Wrote: Explain what about the Cambrian?

Don't expect too much. Snowy operates under a different definition of "explain". For him, it means something like "reconciles the bible with what is known".
Like wouldn't an explosion kill things, not evolve them? Huh.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Snowy seems to think that if he dismisses something out of hand, it means it's been debunked. I mean, what more do we want? An uneducated simpleton with an inability to write in more than a few sentences and a handful of cliches at a time has dismissed something! What better debunking can there be? Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(January 9, 2015 at 2:26 am)snowtracks Wrote: The film brings before the public eye astonishing results from recent large-scale surveys of our Universe which disclose surprising evidence of a preferred position in the cosmos, aligned with our supposedly insignificant Earth. http://www.theprinciplemovie.com/about/
http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/...ciple.html
Yeah, I wouldn't be holding my breath on the movie 'proving' anything....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debunk the divine origin LinuxGal 35 2477 October 9, 2023 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1439 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Age of the Universe/Earth Ferrocyanide 31 4172 January 8, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 2989 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10393 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  No-one under 25 in iceland believes god created the universe downbeatplumb 8 1839 August 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15422 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Josh McDowell and the "atheistic" Internet Jehanne 43 6388 February 8, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Supernatural denial, atheistic hypocrisy? Victory123 56 9955 February 1, 2018 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 19315 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer