Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 4, 2024, 6:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians: how do you sleep at night?
RE: Christians: how do you sleep at night?
Quote:Thus every cult based on a "New revelation" is a lie.
Thus every cult except primordal shamanism is false.
(March 19, 2015 at 2:11 pm)professor Wrote: Satan never fails to twist what is written, as Jesus stated "A kingdom divided will not stand".
The devil is always against the Word, otherwise he would defeat himself. Thus every cult based on a "New revelation" is a lie.

So I take your non-prayer and non-scriptural answer as to mean you follow any shepherd that seems on the surface to be going in the direction you've picked?

God's kingdom was divided by the departure of Satan and his bad angels, so did god's house fall?

As for the devil being against the word, assuming your story to be coherent, Satan knew god and jesus personally and knows the words of god and jesus more perfectly than any man ever could. Why isn't he convinced? Surely he knows his own doom when he must even abdicate a possessed man in Galilee at the mere vocal command of jesus, so why isn't he repenting and falling at jesus' feet?

Advertising exec's at Madison Avenue are so slick at manipulating people's wants they make billions of dollars convincing people to buy things they don't need. They are sly and crafty, but according to the bible, Satan is infinitely more crafty than the best of them. How is it that his craftiness doesn't violate our fair free will that we are judged upon, especially the less intelligent among us? You may be a smart man and you know the difference between a "good" prophet and a "bad" prophet. Surely you've met simpler minded people amongst the pews of the churches you've visited. Is it fair for them to be more at risk of hell-fire because they can't ask a definitive source to tell them whether a prophet is false or not? Remember, a prophet could tell tell the simple minded the interpretations of the scripture verses to mean the wrong things, as the bible is much too complicated for simple minded alone, so why doesn't god have a prayer verification tool to help all the people who aren't the scripture savvy Professor?.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(March 19, 2015 at 2:11 pm)professor Wrote: Yeah, I know you are pulling my chain Brakeman, or in your case- a parking brake cable.
I have no doubt about Dr. Owuor.
I do have trouble listening to him as he seems to repeat everything 3 times (maybe it's a Kenya thing) and I am like-
GET ON with it -you told me that twice already. Or maybe I have the cultural issue?
His teachings align with what is written, his works (prophecies/signs and wonders) agree also.

Satan never fails to twist what is written, as Jesus stated "A kingdom divided will not stand".
The devil is always against the Word, otherwise he would defeat himself. Thus every cult based on a "New revelation" is a lie.

Ergo Judaism is true, as it is the first religion involving Yahweh exclusively.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(March 19, 2015 at 2:11 pm)professor Wrote: His teachings align with what is written, his works (prophecies/signs and wonders) agree also.

Satan never fails to twist what is written,

Then you cannot know that what is written is reliable and thus any 'teachings' written by your prophet friend are equally unreliable. You say you have no doubt in this person - perhaps you should start.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Brakeman, there is a passage that says about a believer:
"His (God) Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are sons of God".
I had no need to pray to verify who is a real prophet, beside what I told you of David Owuor's obvious following of what is written and behavior.
When Jesus said, "IF anyone will truly determine to DO God's will- he will know My teaching- wether it comes from God or man".
Actually doing that is a difficult thing, and I suggest it is much more difficult for an intellectual person to step down off the throne of his own life- and take the pardon God paid for, and offers to everyone, than it is for a child or simple minded person.
So therein, you have equality of a sort.
A child can understand and do it, while the mentally adept stumbles over it's simplicity.

As for Satan, he made an irrevocable choice- he and all the other fallen angels who followed.
They had NEVER seen the severe side (the Justice side) of God and were blindsided by their own sin-
thinking Satan could over shadow God and take over.
Mutiny is never taken lightly. He cannot repent anyway- it is not in him.
All that is in him is pride, lies and killing.
Even his own legion of devils hate him, and would depose him if they could. He, in turn hates them, and rules them by force.

Two things verify the Word of God- the prophecies it contains (which you all reject) and personal experience (which Drich has expounded on and you reject).
So you are left with obtaining your own first hand experiences when the curtain of the AC rises and you are confronted with concentrated evil.
This, is actually a mercy of God that- unlike the experience of those observing the departure of Noah- you will have had warning and time to turn your attention Heavenward.
(March 19, 2015 at 9:09 pm)professor Wrote: So you are left with obtaining your own first hand experiences when the curtain of the AC rises and you are confronted with concentrated evil.
Some version of this has been thrown at the world at various times during the past several centuries. There's a reason why we reject those prophecies and personal experiences: they never amount to anything more than bluster. I suppose that each of us has a threshold of just how many failed predictions and unverifiable experiences we will listen to before we decide it's all a sham. I've lived long enough to see at least a half-dozen end-of-world predictions come and go, along with more fantastic testimonials than I can recall. So you'll forgive me if I shrug my shoulders at the prospect of yet another non-event not unfolding before the eyes of the world.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(March 19, 2015 at 9:09 pm)professor Wrote: As for Satan, he made an irrevocable choice- he and all the other fallen angels who followed.
They had NEVER seen the severe side (the Justice side) of God and were blindsided by their own sin-
thinking Satan could over shadow God and take over.
Mutiny is never taken lightly. He cannot repent anyway- it is not in him.
All that is in him is pride, lies and killing.
Even his own legion of devils hate him, and would depose him if they could. He, in turn hates them, and rules them by force.
Where are you getting all this Satanology from?
It's OK Tonus. I totally understand.
Watcha, I have been around a long time studying and listening- gotta learn something in 43 years.
Sounds like it might be worth trying. Go for it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(March 19, 2015 at 9:32 pm)watchamadoodle Wrote: Where are you getting all this Satanology from?

I can offer a hypothesis... Angel
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 9755 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep vorlon13 5 1156 April 29, 2018 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  The benediction at last night's RNC drfuzzy 13 2714 July 21, 2016 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 42178 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 35780 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 55679 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The dog which barked in the night... Jacob(smooth) 11 3978 October 1, 2014 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 17196 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Christians, why are you hear (If you want to convert atheists read this) Lemonvariable72 66 19603 September 7, 2013 at 10:36 am
Last Post: max-greece
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 10197 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris