Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 29, 2024, 4:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some thoughts about my girlfriend's sexual past
RE: Some thoughts about my girlfriend's sexual past
(April 21, 2015 at 12:52 pm)robvalue Wrote: I tried dating a theist once, never again. Well, a deist would be OK Smile

Do you know what's great about being with an atheist? They cry out YOUR name. 

Sorry, I can't take this thread seriously anymore. 
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Perhaps not, but if you look at the bottom of the page at who's viewing this thread, his name has been on and off most of the day. And yet nothing from him? No contributions other than two posts? If this issue was as important to him as he feels it was, then he would be contributing far more than just two posts and lurking about all day when clearly, he's had the opportunity to stand up for himself or respond to what's being said... well I call bullshit on him.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(April 21, 2015 at 1:00 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote:
(April 21, 2015 at 12:52 pm)robvalue Wrote: That's ridiculous. Dating is not a frigging public service! Morons.

I tried dating a theist once, never again. Well, a deist would be OK Smile

Not enough nuance in the statement to definitively call Deidre a bigot.

Are you the kind of person who has long-term relationships where your values will definitely clash and mean something? I don't see that as discrimination - I wouldn't marry someone who was a social conservative. Or have a long-term relationship with them.

Are you the kind of person who just dates and fucks casually? I might say that them being a theist doesn't matter then. But that all depends on the context. I've had fun times with believers. But I wasn't looking to shack up with them either.

While I'm not interested in the idea of marriage, I don't fuck around on a casual basis. So dating to me, means just that...getting to know someone, to see if there might be potential for it to go to another level.That level would mean sex, and exclusivity. What's important to note about my desire to no longer date theists, is that theists themselves are often more hard pressed when it comes to their partners' religious views. When I was a Christian, I dated atheists, but I know manyyyy Christians who can't even conceive of that notion. Honestly, I think it's important to want to be able to share one's worldview with another, and this doesn't mean two atheists will always agree on things, but when 'God' is added into the mix, it has the potential to shape the relationship in ways many people don't think about, when they first ''click'' with someone.

If that is bigotry, so be it.  Dodgy

(April 21, 2015 at 12:52 pm)robvalue Wrote:
(April 21, 2015 at 12:30 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: I was called a bigot today for not wanting to date theists. True story.
Sleepy

That's ridiculous. Dating is not a frigging public service! Morons.

I tried dating a theist once, never again. Well, a deist would be OK Smile

My last stop recently with my own 'faith journey' was deism. lol While deism doesn't have a dogma per se, it still has a 'way' of looking at a higher power. I'm not repelled by the idea that a higher power could very well exist, but there's no evidence for one, so why bother ruminating about it. Deism does allow more freedom of thought, though. Smile

OP? Where did you go? We want to know. Big Grin
I wasn't getting at you, peach. Big Grin I know you better than that. Just in case that wasn't clear.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(April 21, 2015 at 6:09 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Meh. Hit and run doesn't necessarily get the ban hammer.

It is completely up to him.

Maybe he wants you to ban him .. just a little bit, the way Summer wants just a bit of spanking?
...just a bit? You don't know me very well.

Especially if it's Steel spanking me. Wink
Hey Steel is in hot demand. 'Fraid you'll have to take a number. He'll see you soon.
I can be a very good, patient girl.
Oh I think he'll like that. I've been meaning to work out a relationship as his pimp. You know, set up his 'appointment' book, take my cut, and screen all the girls ahead of time.
What the hell is going on here?

Do I like it? I think I like it.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Thoughts Foxaèr 11338 354059 9 hours ago
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Sexual congress/risky business brewer 12 316 June 14, 2024 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 947 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2318 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2091 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  How were past times so violent? Macoleco 17 1248 April 19, 2020 at 11:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2404 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2303 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  [Serious] How do you get over your past mistakes? [Please Don't judge me] GODZILLA 12 1224 June 3, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5828 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris