Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 5:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
My girl loves making me watch Disney movies with her.

We just finished Tangled. Fun times.
Avengers: Age of Ultron.

It's... good. If you liked the first Avengers, you'll like the second; it has all the things that were good about that movie, just... with some of the unique edges sanded off, I guess. It tends to lack the sort of overarching narrative that the first movie had, opting for a more straight up action movie (and more specifically, Marvel movie) plot that, while entertaining, is much more disjointed and awkwardly paced. Ultron himself is a huge missed opportunity; as a character he's fun, and it's nice to see James Spader again, but they never really take full advantage of him and his motivations are so unclear and contradictory that I left feeling a little dissatisfied.

It's a fun time though, just don't go in expecting much more than what the last few Marvel movies have given us.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Lion King.

(April 30, 2015 at 1:51 am)Esquilax Wrote: Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Thanks for that. Now I know not to go in expecting the greatest Marvel movie of all time.
The Babadook - Absolutely loved it, very suspenseful, intelligent horror film with tons of subtext. Can't be much more specific with why I loved it so much without getting into spoiler territory and I really want more people to watch this film, not sure why it missed out on being nominated for the best picture oscar
“The larger the group, the more toxic, the more of your beauty as an individual you have to surrender for the sake of group thought. And when you suspend your individual beauty you also give up a lot of your humanity. You will do things in the name of a group that you would never do on your own. Injuring, hurting, killing, drinking are all part of it, because you've lost your identity, because you now owe your allegiance to this thing that's bigger than you are and that controls you.”  - George Carlin
If you like blood, gore, and languages you don't understand, then to do I have the movie(s) for you.

Check out The Raid: Redemption and The Raid 2. Both are incredibly bloody and revolve around a police officer fighting a crime lord and his gan using Indonesian martial arts.
Avengers: Age of Ultron.

I agree with everything Esq. had to say. I will add that I never felt a sense of despair, and subsequently lacked the relief of victory. Sad

But you can't beat seeing Thor and The Vision fighting side by side on the big screen. I loved what they did with The Vision. Over all, it's a good fun movie.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I want to go see that movie now. I just rewatched The Kingsmen. Anyone else see that?
(May 2, 2015 at 3:36 pm)Jericho Wrote: I want to go see that movie now.  I just rewatched The Kingsmen.  Anyone else see that?

There is no information on wikipedia about this movie. But somehow I feel like I have already watched it.  Wacky

I just finished watching Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi (:

I really love the ending *weeps a bit* I'm really looking forward to the reboot now 
[Image: tumblr_m2vsmhTfM41qa1e2io1_r1_500.gif]
The Kingsmen is a good movie, and relatively new.

I just watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Reminds me of childhood.
(May 5, 2015 at 2:48 am)dahrling Wrote: I really love the ending *weeps a bit* I'm really looking forward to the reboot now 

Reboot? Who's planning a reboot?
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 591 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 4057 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 889 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 647 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 520 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 558 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1799 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2384 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1796 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1882 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer