Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 11, 2024, 5:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islam is the real deal
RE: Islam is the real deal
(July 12, 2015 at 4:11 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(July 12, 2015 at 3:30 pm)huss88ein Wrote: Well I am a doctor and I'm convinced by the fact that in the 17th century prople believed that humans were small humans inside the sperm who gets bigger inside the women's belly lol but muslims were by then doing autopsy on humans parts to know how they worked and put this nonsense behind thanks to quran so it is something big .
By the way I was an athiest for two years of my life and I never took religion for granted I searched and studied multiple theories in the two parties until I came to this conclusion so I never stopped using my mind my friend

I'm a cardiac surgeon, and I've read many of the claims made by adherents to holy books of the scientific knowledge contained therein and found the claims to be lacking, at best, and exaggerated, at worst.

And let's not forget, the knowledge that much of our science and medicine was originally based on came to us from the ancient Greeks.
I never claimed that scientists should be muslims if you so my earlier replies I have insisted on the fact that a scientist can be of any relegion and I never claimed that quran is a science book but I said that it contains facts which are accurate enough to make u wonder about it so you study the whole relegion and after that you can be the judge using ur mind and only ur mind no one can make anyone a muslim against there well that would be ridiculous so my friend dont study quotes from here and there that would be injust for the relegion itself and for u if I by this debate made u wonder about islam and urged u to study it then I have succeeded and then u will be the only judge my friend and no one else
Please man, use paragraphs ok? your posts are a bitch to read ._.
(July 12, 2015 at 4:20 pm)huss88ein Wrote: I never claimed that scientists should be muslims if you so my earlier replies I have insisted on the fact that a scientist can be of any relegion and I never claimed that quran is a science book but I said that it contains facts which are accurate enough to make u wonder about it so you study the whole relegion and after that you can be the judge using ur mind and only ur mind no one can make anyone a muslim against there well that would be ridiculous so my friend dont study quotes from here and there that would be injust for the relegion itself and for u if I by this debate made u wonder about islam and urged u to study it then I have succeeded and then u will be the only judge my friend and no one else
I think you're succeeding in revealing how sorely wanting education and rational thought is within the insulating bubble of mainstream religion.

So, kudos. I guess.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(July 12, 2015 at 4:04 pm)huss88ein Wrote: I can't just say that the vedas or bible are all nonsense that is also not fare so the best approach for sny relegion is to read about it as much as you can not just judging the cover or the followers that is not fare for the relegion read and read the whole text don't ever quote verses out of contest just as many do against islam they quote for example
So you read all of the available 'holy' books with an open mind, compared the stories, and then came to the conclusion that the Quran was the unmistakable truth, the others were just nonsense?
(July 12, 2015 at 4:35 pm)Nestor Wrote:
(July 12, 2015 at 4:20 pm)huss88ein Wrote: I never claimed that scientists should be muslims if you so my earlier replies I have insisted on the fact that a scientist can be of any relegion and I never claimed that quran is a science book but I said that it contains facts which are accurate enough to make u wonder about it so you study the whole relegion and after that you can be the judge using ur mind and only ur mind no one can make anyone a muslim against there well that would be ridiculous so my friend dont study quotes from here and there that would be injust for the relegion itself and for u if I by this debate made u wonder about islam and urged u to study it then I have succeeded and then u will be the only judge my friend and no one else
I think you're succeeding in revealing how sorely wanting education and rational thought is within the insulating bubble of mainstream religion.

So, kudos. I guess.

(July 12, 2015 at 4:35 pm)Nestor Wrote:

So, kudos. I guess.
So what is the main stream from ur point of view

I want to say just if u think that something is right from a point of view it's not always is and that goes for both sides.
After all we are all humans and brothers in humanity if I am saying something and believing it , that doesn't give me the right to force in any one and it is clearly said in quran
" There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion". 2:256

So any one who's killing in the name of any relegion or beliefs is not accepted whether the name is islam , Christianity , or democracy killing is killing and it is shameful.

(July 12, 2015 at 4:37 pm)TubbyTubby Wrote:
(July 12, 2015 at 4:04 pm)huss88ein Wrote: I can't just say that the vedas or bible are all nonsense that is also not fare so the best approach for sny relegion is to read about it as much as you can not just judging the cover or the followers that is not fare for the relegion read and read the whole text don't ever quote verses out of contest just as many do against islam they quote for example
So you read all of the available 'holy' books with an open mind, compared the stories, and then came to the conclusion that the Quran was the unmistakable truth, the others were just nonsense?
First I never said all of them but I'm welling to if any one told me that ur believes are wrong and there are better ones I'm welling to see these claims forward and then be the judge .

Secondly I never said the other holy books I read are nonsense but were faulty at some point and a book from god cant contain mistakes that's a common fact .
(July 12, 2015 at 4:39 pm)huss88ein Wrote: First I never said all of them but I'm welling to if any one told me that ur believes are wrong and there are better ones I'm welling to see these claims forward and then be the judge .

Then why do you start a thread titled 'Islam is the real deal' if you're not fully conversed with all the other holy books?
My friend.
If anybody read any of these holy books with an open mind, nobody would be religious.
We all know the mechanisms of how childhood indoctrination work.

How could an open mind possibly decide which "bullshit" to select over another?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 12, 2015 at 5:12 pm)TubbyTubby Wrote:
(July 12, 2015 at 4:39 pm)huss88ein Wrote: First I never said all of them but I'm welling to if any one told me that ur believes are wrong and there are better ones I'm welling to see these claims forward and then be the judge .

Then why do you start a thread titled 'Islam is the real deal' if you're not fully conversed with all the other holy books?
Well because I read most of them not all of them and I never claim to have all human knowledge , that would be arrogant and from my studies I came to this conclusion.
But when I said I'm welling to see into any idea thats different of mine thats acceptance of the other ideologies for their right to be and a challenge in the same time cause I'm sure there is not any other ideology which will offer the same convincing well established argue that islam does.
So in conclusion you dont need to know everything to believe in something that is a common fact my friend.
(July 12, 2015 at 5:55 pm)huss88ein Wrote:
(July 12, 2015 at 5:12 pm)TubbyTubby Wrote: Then why do you start a thread titled 'Islam is the real deal' if you're not fully conversed with all the other holy books?
Well because I read most of them not all of them and I never claim to have all human knowledge , that would be arrogant and from my studies I came to this conclusion.
But when I said I'm welling to see into any idea thats different of mine thats acceptance of the other ideologies for their right to be and a challenge in the same time cause I'm sure there is not any other ideology which will offer the same convincing well established argue that islam does.
So in conclusion you dont need to know everything to believe in something that is a common fact my friend.

What's "most of them"? Give me a list please so I can see which ones you missed out.

You've picked the Quran as the true word of god, admit to not reading all holy books yet still claim Islam to be the real deal. I don't get it.

You're willing to accept the fate of Islamic apostasy if one of the other books seems to lead to a truer god?
(July 12, 2015 at 6:00 pm)TubbyTubby Wrote:
(July 12, 2015 at 5:55 pm)huss88ein Wrote: Well because I read most of them not all of them and I never claim to have all human knowledge , that would be arrogant and from my studies I came to this conclusion.

What's "most of them"? Give me a list please so I can see which ones you missed out.

You've picked the Quran as the true word of god, admit to not reading all holy books yet still claim Islam to be the real deal. I don't get it.

You're willing to accept the fate of Islamic apostasy if one of the other books seems to lead to a truer god?
Well giving u a list wont establish anything that would be bragging , the topic here is about islam why dont u give me some facts why islam is wrong and my claims are faulty.

That's for the first point for the second one about not reading everything and yet deciding I don't think any athiest can claim that they knew all about quantum physics and biology so they reached their conclusions but they were convinced by the claims of others that this unverse doesn't have a creator even if they studied more they will see the dead ends which is leading to higher power.
Saying that this does not mean to stop investgating whether u r a thiest or an athiest these furher studies will at some point prove that one of them is claiming the right claims for good .
You should never forget that discovering new facts is good for everyone in this world and is making believe more and more that god exists every single day.

(July 12, 2015 at 6:00 pm)TubbyTubby Wrote:
(July 12, 2015 at 5:55 pm)huss88ein Wrote: Well because I read most of them not all of them and I never claim to have all human knowledge , that would be arrogant and from my studies I came to this conclusion.

For this third point that I didn't see before you edited your post
Well being stubborn about faith is not the way to live how can I claim that I have the true believe if I'm not welling to discuss and see other believes.
But saying that changing faith is not impossible if there was an evidence that my faith is wrong and something else is the right faith so yes I'm welling to change my faith IF and that's a big if there's somthing more logical than my relegion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 8048 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  The real message of Islam. WinterHold 97 12170 November 16, 2015 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Top three consequences of Iran deal mralstoner 15 3209 August 7, 2015 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5618 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 34286 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet