Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The real message of Islam.
The real message of Islam.
In  a previous post of mine, I showed and gave examples how Islam was forged.
http://atheistforums.org/thread-36595.html

The one religion become divided -because of the Hadiths- into many sects, with 2 major sects taking the majority : Sunnah & Shira.
Knowing that the Sunni & Shia sects were composed after the events of "the battle of the camel (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Camel)", Islam actually turned into a political/tribal religion, with its main message deviated to satisfy the will of those two sects.

For both Sunnies & Shia, the main message became "attempting to build the convenient haven" for believers; the conflict was on who was meant to lead the haven.
Sunnies Believe it's the tribe of Quraish ( based on a Hadith ), Shia believe it's the "family of Ali (prophet's cousine)" ( also based on a Hadith ).
For both sects, that goal would be determined in the end of times at the hands of their version of Christ ( Al-Mehdi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahdi ). Also; based on a Hadith.
======

Forged and twisted, both parties forgot what the real message was; after all the Quran is God's word; not the Hadith.
God in the Quran, said that the prophet of islam was sent for this sole reason :

( Sura 34 Verse 28 )   And We have not sent you except comprehensively to mankind as a bringer of good tidings and a warner. But most of the people do not know.

That is, to warn of hell, and to give tidings to those who do good.
No Islamic state or caliphate or Ali or Quraish was included.

There are no other reasons across the Quran, why Mohammed peace be upon him was sent.

( 97 )   So, [O Muhammad], We have facilitated the Quran by your tongue so you may give good tidings thereby to the righteous and warn thereby a hostile people.

As my topic "how it was forged" discussed, after Mohammed's death, that main message was forgotten between the political & tribal conflicts, and the faith was forged to become yet another tool for people to rise to power.
The real message of Islam, is to warn people of hell, and give good tidings to those who believe in God.

=====
RE: The real message of Islam.
You've made it clear that you think the message is "obey or be punished".

It's a mugging. The "warning" is that your boss will fuck them up if they don't submit.

The boss seems too scared or nonexistent to deliver these vile threats himself.

A proper warning would be something like, "There's a crazy guy with a chainsaw running around killing people! If you see him, just tell him you love him, he seems to like that. He'll leave you alone. Pass it on!"
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(November 7, 2015 at 7:32 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: The real message of Islam, is to warn people of hell

I'm glad we have your confirmation that Islam is every bit as fucked up as I thought it was before I read this utter shite.
(November 7, 2015 at 7:32 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:
[...]
The real message of Islam, is to warn people of hell, and give good tidings to those who believe in God.
=====

Oh, is that right? Well, that's rather a short message for such a long book. And if it's true, then Islam is completely unnecessary, since that's what Jesus already did 500 years earlier. Or did brown people need a "special" message from god?  

All religions are the same - archaic bullsh*t. You can cherry-pick and twist verses from any holy book, to support any position. You can justify or condemn anything you want - war, genocide, rape, slavery, anything - because religions are not based on reality. It's all just playing with empty words...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Atlas!

Thanks for the warning matey!
Anything else?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Is it the same boss who's going to fuck me up if I don't become a Christian? Or a different one?
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
No, it's you message. It's always the message the particular theist wants to read into their respective holy book. It's picky choosy and largely depends on the character. All these books are basically the same mumbo jumbo, open for any interpretation.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Right. This is what I tried to get him to take ownership of before. He is threatening us. For some reason, these kinds of threats are socially acceptable.

I guess it's because it's as scary as a child telling you the bogey man will get you if you don't eat your veg.

Index of my best videos
This is the problem with all three religions of Abraham. No sane person outside the issue of religion would find it moral if their boss at work threatened to kill them if they tried to quit their job. The only difference between the east and the west is that the west has had a longer time watering down and ignoring the nasty parts of the Jewish and Christian texts.

The part I hate is that well intended liberals give cover to those in all camps who use their texts to justify "self defense" when the reality is that it isn't anything more than protecting old books of myth and fictional sky heros.

The empathy of the left is still using the same text those fundies in all camps read to justify harm to others. It is still the same books with the same words.
The god of Abraham of Hebrews and Christians and Islam, ARE the same monster. This god is the absolute lawgiver and those outside that tribe are at best, if to be left alone, are subject to sit at the back of the bus and use separate bathrooms. Unfortunately it is far worse. It is why Sunnis and Shiites kill each other. It is why Catholics and Protestants are still under an uneasy truce in Ireland. It is why Liberal Baptists and Conservative Baptists don't get along politically.

I am sick of liberals, being one myself, dodging this issue with terms like "race" or "ethnic" or "culture" or "nationality" when it is religion causing human division. NO you cannot rid the world of it by use of war. But humans suck at minimizing conflict because they ignore the cause. STOP giving ANY of these religions a fucking excuse. If they all claim to want peace then it is up to them to fucking prove it. But the one thing in the west that WILL NOT HAPPEN is peace through the submission of others. In the west peace is kept through common law, not religious pecking orders.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7843 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Islam is the real deal huss88ein 223 31189 July 16, 2015 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5465 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Message to Obama from former Muslim: ISIS is pure Islam mralstoner 3 1523 September 6, 2014 at 7:18 am
Last Post: mralstoner
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33819 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet