Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 7:37 pm

Poll: Are you here to try and (re)convert atheists.
This poll is closed.
Yes
36.36%
4 36.36%
No
63.64%
7 63.64%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To theists
RE: To theists
(July 13, 2015 at 1:38 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(July 13, 2015 at 1:36 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I don't see that at all.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

I was being honest. Undecided

Vic and I have talked via PM ever since I was new here, and I consider him a friend.

(July 13, 2015 at 1:37 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(July 13, 2015 at 1:25 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Oh my gosh... go eat babies or something.

Tongue

Friday is baby night in my household.  Today is taco Monday.

Touche. Big Grin
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
EP, I'm a big boy and can take care of myself or I can pick up and leave (again).
(July 13, 2015 at 2:51 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: EP, I'm a big boy and can take care of myself or I can pick up and leave (again).

You dared to talk no an atheist like that? Here you go: Banned

I hope you appreciate the irony in all this Wooters.
(July 13, 2015 at 2:51 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: EP, I'm a big boy and can take care of myself or I can pick up and leave (again).

I don't really give a damn about you, at least not particularly so. I was defending a principle here. The fact that you feel the need to act as if I was in fact defending you, of all people, demonstrates clearly that you felt like my argument had, in fact, nothing to do with you(and rightly so, I might add), and preferred to act as if it actually did instead. This is only human. Meh.
(July 13, 2015 at 3:00 pm)excitedpenguin Wrote: I don't really give a damn about you, at least not particularly so. I was defending a principle here. The fact that you feel the need to act as if I was in fact defending you, of all people, demonstrates clearly that you felt like my argument had, in fact, nothing to do with you(and rightly so, I might add), and preferred to act as if it actually did instead. This is only human. Meh.

It comes to something when I even get annoyed at you being condescending to Chad fucking Wooters of all people.
What was this thread about again?
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
OK, derailment of thread is capital offence so Chad, penguin and the mods, say sorry and go stand in the corner. You all are grounded for a week and no more babies!

By the way CL, pingu is right, there is something seriously wrong with your attitude, you are not acting like a catholic at all and that is damn confusing. Plus you haven't added me on Skype yet and that's really suspicious too.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(July 13, 2015 at 3:01 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(July 13, 2015 at 3:00 pm)excitedpenguin Wrote: I don't really give a damn about you, at least not particularly so. I was defending a principle here. The fact that you feel the need to act as if I was in fact defending you, of all people, demonstrates clearly that you felt like my argument had, in fact, nothing to do with you(and rightly so, I might add), and preferred to act as if it actually did instead. This is only human. Meh.

It comes to something when I even get annoyed at you being condescending to Chad fucking Wooters of all people.
Yeah! Really. Looks like I have a challenge to my title of Complete Pompous Ass. I'll have to ramp up my swarmy smugness.
(July 13, 2015 at 3:09 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: By the way CL, pingu is right, there is something seriously wrong with your attitude, you are not acting like a catholic at all and that is damn confusing. Plus you haven't added me on Skype yet and that's really suspicious too.

I disagree that I am not "acting like a Catholic"... Undecided

I don't have a skype, but if you want to connect on facebook just let me know and I will gladly PM you my info.  Shy
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Duplicate deleted.