Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 2:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
Hall of wit and epicness.
RE: Hall of wit and epicness.
In that case, can we create a macro so I can copy each & every post I make to appear on this thread?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
[Image: 1383580_640956625948951_1155918846_n.jpg]
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(October 17, 2013 at 3:37 pm)missluckie26 Wrote: [Image: ?page=3]

huh?
"Would You Get Botox if It Was Available at Your Hotel?"

Ah... I see you've fixed it... Tongue

(October 17, 2013 at 3:37 pm)missluckie26 Wrote: [Image: aw-hell-no.jpg]

And this reminds me of....

note to self: check links work before I post Tongue
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

(October 17, 2013 at 11:15 pm)Lion IRC Wrote:
(October 17, 2013 at 9:20 pm)Stimbo Wrote: ...atheists don't usually bring up the argument of the Big Bang, except as a counter to the theists' assertion that their god did it.

I only bring up the Big Bang to support the point that God did it.

But-hum, Stimbo nailed it here, see the post above for confirmation.

(October 17, 2013 at 11:19 pm)Stimbo Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI

There are some things of science that are usefull to us, while others, like radiometric dating aren't. Yummy chewtoy is yoummy.
(October 17, 2013 at 3:37 pm)missluckie26 Wrote: [Image: 1383580_640956625948951_1155918846_n.jpg]

Goddamn that woman was so hot. I would've SOOO hit that ... if she hadn't told me that exact phrase. Undecided
[Image: Evolution.png]

(October 18, 2013 at 2:43 pm)Cinjin Wrote: Goddamn that woman was so hot. I would've SOOO hit that ... if she hadn't told me that exact phrase. Undecided

Well, all you need to do is tie her up and she's all yours. I'm not even joking - that was seriously her one weakness, being tied up by a man turned her into a helpless little 1940s stereotype.

[Image: 91332_v1.jpg]

That sound you just heard was the despairing howl of betrayal torn from the collective psyche of the Women's Lib movement being kicked back at least a century by its greatest hero.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
They weren't very subtle, that was for sure. "Oh no! A man tied my hands! Now I'm as weak and useless as a NORMAL HUMAN WOMAN! Except that I retain the unique Amazonian ability to cry multiple tears from each eye at once."
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(October 18, 2013 at 5:16 pm)Stimbo Wrote: That sound you just heard was the despairing howl of betrayal torn from the collective psyche of the Women's Lib movement being kicked back at least a century by its greatest hero.

Wonder Woman did get better later, in all fairness. Somewhat. Tongue

I've always enjoyed the story of her creation, too: William Moulton Marston- part inventor of the lie detector, incidentally- based her on his wife, and the pair's polyamorous lover, ostensibly as a feminine hero to respond to the male dominated comic industry. It obviously went a bit astray- Marston had some ideas about what constituted a "good woman," that... well...- , but as a guy who has done threesome relationships in the past, I respected the guy for being so out about it, and how it influenced his work. It was never something I was able to do. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I still don't understand why you wouldn't..That's epic and awesome and epic and awesome!
And epic.
And awesome.

Epically awesome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] AF Hall of Shame, various discussion including Denmark & bible contradiction Edwardo Piet 181 14085 March 1, 2018 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Hall of epic cuteness............... Brian37 13 1658 December 16, 2017 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hall of random shit Cyberman 55 10065 November 11, 2017 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Joods
  AF Hall of Mirth (Post Edition) Jackalope 117 35027 December 4, 2016 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Mystical
  Hall of Utter Cuteness and Intense Adorableness Edwardo Piet 51 8104 September 9, 2016 at 9:51 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  AF Hall of Horror Foxaèr 32 3377 July 18, 2016 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hall of Salad, Word Salad that Is Jenny A 35 6833 September 27, 2015 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Tongue Hall of Irony Bob Kelso 0 1325 June 26, 2015 at 4:53 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
Star Internet Hall of Crazy Tea Earl Grey Hot 5 3562 May 16, 2014 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Violet
  Privacy concerns from [split] AF Hall of Shame (Post Edition) Rayaan 178 38293 January 8, 2014 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Rayaan