Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 1:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
Hall of wit and epicness.
RE: Hall of wit and epicness.
(January 26, 2014 at 12:23 pm)KUSA Wrote:
(January 26, 2014 at 12:20 pm)EgoRaptor Wrote:
(January 26, 2014 at 12:11 pm)KUSA Wrote: Eugenics is not necessary as the singularity is near. Read this and you will understand. http://www.kurzweilai.net/singularity-q-a

Until then you should just keep eating your Cheetos and watching naked girls on your computer because your views of politics are insane.
I don't eat cheetos.

Well good then your pecker won't turn orange.
(February 2, 2014 at 2:42 am)Esquilax Wrote: Whenever people say something is "self-explanatory," what they usually mean is "I have accepted this explanation." That's not the same thing, nor does simply labeling something as self-explanatory obligates others to accept it as such.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(February 13, 2014 at 12:05 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
(February 13, 2014 at 11:51 am)Sword of Christ Wrote: A warning isn't a threat.

You can call it rain all you want, but that doesn't change the fact you're still pissing on me.

This struck me as witty.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(November 20, 2013 at 5:00 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: Some of you just love to speculate on my motives. Project much. Interesting how the policy implications I discussed are summarily ignored in favor of accusing Christians of hate. Again, project much.

Hi Chad, I'm wondering if you could explain your thinking to me, then, because for personal reasons, I'm curious.

You see, the last relationship I had prior the one I'm in now was with a guy. In case you haven't seen my other posts on this personal topic, I'm bisexual. That means that I can appreciate the potential beauty of both sexes and, when I'm searching for a partner, gender is negotiable.

I can tell you from personal experience that the emotional side is all the same, from falling in love to the heartbreak of splitting up. Love is the same emotion whether it's felt for a man or a woman. All that is distinct are the physical mechanics and even this is more of a variation on a theme than something significantly different.

However, apparently to you love is "evil" when the body parts are similar. I'm wondering if you could help me understand why my previous relationship was "evil" and my current one with a woman is "good".

[sarcasm] Of course, you've clarified that I personally am not evil but simply my behavior was. Thank you, that really makes a big difference. I don't feel hated at all. [/sarcasm]
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(February 14, 2014 at 11:26 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: Thought I'd share from another thread:

ONTOLOGICAL LOGIC APPLIED IN REAL LIFE

***Walks into a bank***
"Hi, I'd like to withdraw one million dollars from my checking account."

"Sir, you don't even have an checking account at this bank."

"Well, is it possible I could have an account at this bank?"

"Um, sure, but I don't see..."

"And is it possible that a checking account could have 1 million dollars in it?"

"Well, theoretically, but..."

"And an account with one million dollars would have a million dollars in it, right?"

"Sure but..."

"And if I didn't have an account at this bank, it couldn't have 1 million dollars in it?"

"Exactly, and..."

"So we can imagine that I have a checking account with one million dollars at this bank, such a thing could exist and if it didn't exist, it wouldn't have 1 million dollars in it. So my account with 1 million dollars in it MUST exist."

"Wait! What?"

"So I'd like to withdraw my million dollars, please."

***Get thrown out of the bank***
Clap
Thank you. Nothing exposes the absurdity of apologetic logic or other woo than trying to apply it in real life. I drew some inspiration from this...

Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Quote:Using the No True Scotsman argument to defend the atrocities of christians is a pathetic fucking cop-out. If you profess to be a christian, attend a christian church, preach christianity to your children, and then carry out a horrific act in the name of christianity ... guess what .... You're a mother fucking CHRISTIAN!!
[Image: Evolution.png]

(February 17, 2014 at 10:05 am)Esquilax Wrote: if your god would send me to hell for using the mind he gave me to evaluate the world he put me in, if being sincerely incorrect is something worthy of punishment to him, then he's got a hell of a lot of explaining to do once I stand before him.

I simply don't understand why it pleases you to characterize your god as being that petty and small minded, though.

A fine reply to the sword guy. kudos to you, sir!
I just read two very fine posts. The first is this one, all of it.

and then this one earned the new guy/gal a Rep from me for truthiness mixed wih an LOL

(February 17, 2014 at 6:53 pm)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: I don't understand how every post can be this long, and contain nothing but circular drivel, ending with "as you can clearly see, that about wraps it up".

Do you understand what an argument is, what constitutes evidence, or do you simply write until you are satisfied no one will notice they contain neither?

*incoherent rambling*
Bald assertion
*incoherent rambling*
Bald assertion
*incoherent rambling*
Conclusion

This is not a valid argument format.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(February 14, 2014 at 11:53 am)Darkstar Wrote:
(February 14, 2014 at 11:26 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: Thought I'd share from another thread:

ONTOLOGICAL LOGIC APPLIED IN REAL LIFE

***Walks into a bank***
"Hi, I'd like to withdraw one million dollars from my checking account."

"Sir, you don't even have an checking account at this bank."

"Well, is it possible I could have an account at this bank?"

"Um, sure, but I don't see..."

"And is it possible that a checking account could have 1 million dollars in it?"

"Well, theoretically, but..."

"And an account with one million dollars would have a million dollars in it, right?"

"Sure but..."

"And if I didn't have an account at this bank, it couldn't have 1 million dollars in it?"

"Exactly, and..."

"So we can imagine that I have a checking account with one million dollars at this bank, such a thing could exist and if it didn't exist, it wouldn't have 1 million dollars in it. So my account with 1 million dollars in it MUST exist."

"Wait! What?"

"So I'd like to withdraw my million dollars, please."

***Get thrown out of the bank***
Clap

I think, from now on, I'm going to link to this post every time one of these tards brings that argument up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] AF Hall of Shame, various discussion including Denmark & bible contradiction Edwardo Piet 181 14085 March 1, 2018 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Hall of epic cuteness............... Brian37 13 1658 December 16, 2017 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hall of random shit Cyberman 55 10065 November 11, 2017 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Joods
  AF Hall of Mirth (Post Edition) Jackalope 117 35027 December 4, 2016 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Mystical
  Hall of Utter Cuteness and Intense Adorableness Edwardo Piet 51 8104 September 9, 2016 at 9:51 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  AF Hall of Horror Foxaèr 32 3377 July 18, 2016 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hall of Salad, Word Salad that Is Jenny A 35 6833 September 27, 2015 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Tongue Hall of Irony Bob Kelso 0 1325 June 26, 2015 at 4:53 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
Star Internet Hall of Crazy Tea Earl Grey Hot 5 3562 May 16, 2014 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Violet
  Privacy concerns from [split] AF Hall of Shame (Post Edition) Rayaan 178 38292 January 8, 2014 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Rayaan