Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 8:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
(March 21, 2018 at 5:20 pm)Khemikal Wrote: I'm one of the crazies with the arsenals I guess.  : shrugs :

@123 guns.  Nah, the 3% are people between 8 and 140 guns.

I have two, both handguns, although one is at the pawn shop. lol  I have a very seasonal job, usually don't work from late Nov. to mid Mar.....  Got a little tight there at the end.   Confused
(March 21, 2018 at 5:19 pm)rskovride Wrote:
(March 21, 2018 at 5:08 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016.../90858752/

This says an average of 17 guns each, that's believable.  So, what is the solution then?

How many people need 17 guns? Does a country need 111,000,000 handguns?
(March 21, 2018 at 5:28 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(March 21, 2018 at 5:19 pm)rskovride Wrote: This says an average of 17 guns each, that's believable.  So, what is the solution then?

I don't think that I am in a position to nor want to tell anyone else how many of anything they should have, including guns.
(March 21, 2018 at 5:32 pm)rskovride Wrote:
(March 21, 2018 at 5:28 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: How many people need 17 guns? Does a country need 111,000,000 handguns?

I don't think that I am in a position to nor want to tell anyone else how many of anything they should have, including guns.

Sit quietly with folded hands if you wish.
-and there's no need to.  Announce and fund a buyback of firearms that fit each states trace data and you're going to reduce the pool of firearms that actually are a problem as opposed to telling people what property they do or don't need and how much of x they can have.  

You mentioned that you have a hundgun in the pawn shop?  Well..if you tell some redneck in alabama that the gov-mint is coming to take his guns he may bury them.  If you tell that same redneck that the government is paying for old guns he'll be out with a metal detector trying to find other peoples buried stashes for purpose of sale.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 21, 2018 at 5:33 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(March 21, 2018 at 5:32 pm)rskovride Wrote: I don't think that I am in a position to nor want to tell anyone else how many of anything they should have, including guns.

Sit quietly with folded hands if you wish.

So there is nothing else that can be done besides making laws about the number of guns you can own? Please, that is absurd.

If the number is greater than zero, why does any number beyond that make any difference? Because of thievery?
and/or lock down corridor states with interstate trafficking laws so that producer states have no market in consumer states (also in the trace data).  Producer and consumer, here, is specific and not an issue of first point of sale from manufacturer but rather noticeable trends in p2p interstate transfers.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 21, 2018 at 5:44 pm)rskovride Wrote:
(March 21, 2018 at 5:33 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Sit quietly with folded hands if you wish.

So there is nothing else that can be done besides making laws about the number of guns you can own? Please, that is absurd.

If the number is greater than zero, why does any number beyond that make any difference?  Because of thievery?

The Rule of So states that when a sentence referring to another poster begins with "So..." it should be examined closely for a strawman argument.
(March 21, 2018 at 6:13 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(March 21, 2018 at 5:44 pm)rskovride Wrote: So there is nothing else that can be done besides making laws about the number of guns you can own? Please, that is absurd.

If the number is greater than zero, why does any number beyond that make any difference?  Because of thievery?

The Rule of So states that when a sentence referring to another poster begins with "So..." it should be examined closely for a strawman argument.

Yep, you are correct.  Also, saying that my position is to "Sit quietly with folded hands"  is a strawman.
(March 21, 2018 at 5:28 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(March 21, 2018 at 5:19 pm)rskovride Wrote: This says an average of 17 guns each, that's believable.  So, what is the solution then?

I suspect that total includes guns which are no longer serviceable.  If you take the total sales and don't calculate the replacement rate you end up with an inflated total.

Of course, it probably doesn't reflect the numbers of guns that are stolen from L-ARGOs and then replaced.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1765 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2276 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72609 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13017 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3133 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1177 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2408 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist