Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 8:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
I'd hesitate to declare islamists (or NRA folks) "trained", never seemed to be more than enthusiastic hobbyists, in my (if you'll allow it) professional opinion. A "trained" gunman wouldn't even walk into the building. The bodycount is higher from an adjacent (but counter-intuitively lower) position come quittin time - and there's less potential for effective return fire.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Another body on the pile. More collateral damage in the fight for Gun Nut Freedom.

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/5-Yea...99421.html

Quote:5-Year-Old Boy Fatally Shoots 9-Month-Old Brother
Gotta love it!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/white...a-walmart/

Quote: White ‘vigilante’ puts 62-year-old black man in chokehold for legally carrying gun in Florida Walmart

Quote:The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office has asked vigilantes to please be careful about which gun owners they choose to attack after a black concealed carry permit holder was wrongly assaulted at a Florida Walmart.

Quote:“Unfortunately he tackled a guy that was a law-abiding citizen,” McKinnon noted. “We understand it’s alarming for people to see other people with guns, but Florida has a large population of concealed weapons permit holders.”

Ah....I think I see your problem, Sheriff. Do you?
Staying in Florida.

http://aattp.org/two-year-old-finds-fath...elf-video/

Quote:Two Year Old Finds Father’s Gun in Glove Box, Shoots and Kills Himself (Video)

Quote:“It’s just one of those things that happens where everything lines up the wrong way,” said Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri. “You had a 2 1/2-year-old who was able to take a gun, pick it up, turn it around and he shot himself dead center in the middle of the chest.”

Gualtieri went on to say that no one appears to have done anything wrong and that there seems to have been no negligence involved.

Well, I've got to disagree with you there, Sheriff. Somebody fucked up big time. Hint: It wasn't the kid. (Although you aren't looking too bright at the moment, yourself.)
Well losing your child to an accident is the price we pay to be free. Just think what would have happened if some bad guy had messed with his family. Of course, now he doesn't have a family. I wonder if he had any trouble taking the gun out of the kids cold, dead hands.
Keep your home safe.

http://freakoutnation.com/2015/01/texas-...-the-face/

Quote:Texas Man Mistakes Son For Burglar, Shoots Him In The Face

Quote:There’s nothing wrong with having a firearm at home for protection.* However, it’s probably a good idea to see your target before pulling the trigger because — wait for it — you could shoot your own child.

Hey, but at least he got ‘em, right?

*Actually, having a gun in your home is statistically shown to greatly increase the risk of this kind of shit happening.
[Image: Serial-Killers-By-Country.jpg]
Oddly enough...it's rare that a serial killer goes with a gun for their satisfaction. Probably makes it easier to get the victim in the damned van though.
(though that's pretty rare for a serial killer as well)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 26, 2015 at 6:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: Serial-Killers-By-Country.jpg]

And that has what to do with gun possession?
Are Radford's statistics complete or U.S. centric?
Is your point that the U.S. is a violent society?

From Radford:
Code:
Killing Method
Bomb................ 3
Strangle/Gun ....... 4
Strangle/Bludgeon... 8
Strangle............ 52
Strangle/Stab....... 12
Stab/Gun............ 20
Stab/Bludgeon....... 10
Stab................ 28
Gun................. 63
Bludgeon/Gun........ 7
Bludgeon............ 12
Poison.............. 2
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
All Hail the Second Amendment
(January 26, 2015 at 6:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: Serial-Killers-By-Country.jpg]

Even more reason for me to own a gun.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1765 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2276 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72609 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13018 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3133 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1177 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2408 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist