Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 12:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AF Hall of Shame (Theist edition)
RE: AF Hall of Shame (Theist edition)
(May 13, 2013 at 5:37 pm)Kayenneh Wrote:
(May 13, 2013 at 5:31 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: God never ever commits murder. God kills justly.

But Frodo, what about "Do not kill"? How isn't it hypocritical of God to kill, when he denies you it? And isn't all life sacred? Why is some people better to kill than others?

If I remember Drich's version correctly, it's "do not murder" and it only applies to "god's chosen people".
You can kill anyone that doesn't match that description.
(May 13, 2013 at 5:37 pm)Kayenneh Wrote:
(May 13, 2013 at 5:31 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: God never ever commits murder. God kills justly.

But Frodo, what about "Do not kill"? How isn't it hypocritical of God to kill, when he denies you it? And isn't all life sacred? Why is some people better to kill than others?

Accepted mistranslation Kaye. The original says "Do not murder".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_kill

All life is sacred, I think so. Justice prevails. I don't think I, or you, would know enough to exact justice.
Well frodo, I thought the unjust and evil part was implied in the baby smashing and womb ripping. Are you saying that any context would justify such an act when god himself states babies are innocents? The context of the womb ripping was that the parents were evil. The babies could have been adopted, raised "right" by gods people, and had a chance just like everyone else to choose their salvation. Instead god took their choice from them thus impeding upon his supposed claim of providing free will.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(May 13, 2013 at 5:39 pm)pocaracas Wrote: If I remember Drich's version correctly, it's "do not murder" and it only applies to "god's chosen people".

There is two problems I have with that.

If God indeed is real, we need a good definition of what he/it is. Most of my youth pastors said "God is love" and I kind of like that. But if he is love, where does all the killing come from? Euthanasia might be a form of love, but it's unfair to be murdered just because you weren't born of 'God's people'.

And talking about that, who is the chosen people of god? It used to be jews, then Jesus and his pupils, and now it's seems to be 'Muricans. Though, borders and nationality hasn't stopped people before from justifying them killing others Sad

(May 13, 2013 at 5:48 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: All life is sacred, I think so.

And once more, this is why I like you Frods Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(May 13, 2013 at 5:51 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: There is two problems I have with that.

If God indeed is real, we need a good definition of what he/it is. Most of my youth pastors said "God is love" and I kind of like that. But if he is love, where does all the killing come from? Euthanasia might be a form of love, but it's unfair to be murdered just because you weren't born of 'God's people'.

And talking about that, who is the chosen people of god? It used to be jews, then Jesus and his pupils, and now it's seems to be 'Muricans. Though, borders and nationality hasn't stopped people before from justifying them killing others Sad

"Gods people" are people who choose to live. Wether they are religious, or have even heard anything of religion at all. By "live" I mean choose positivity, and deny what would limit their lives. This is potential.

So it's not 'murder'. It's suicide.

(May 13, 2013 at 5:50 pm)missluckie26 Wrote:

You and I are not God, so you and I are incapable of judging.
(May 13, 2013 at 5:51 pm)Kayenneh Wrote:
(May 13, 2013 at 5:39 pm)pocaracas Wrote: If I remember Drich's version correctly, it's "do not murder" and it only applies to "god's chosen people".

There is two problems I have with that.

However, we have no such "good definition", do we?
Hebrews have one.
Jews have another.
Christians have another.
Muslims have another.
Hindus have a bunch of them.
etc
etc
etc

which is right?!

(May 13, 2013 at 5:51 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: And talking about that, who is the chosen people of god? It used to be jews, then Jesus and his pupils, and now it's seems to be 'Muricans. Though, borders and nationality hasn't stopped people before from justifying them killing others Sad
Why, silly, obviously, each group of people that believe in a given god, is that god's chosen people.
Wink
Kayenneh..only two problems with that? I can think of more. In any case Drich has a reply for that, he says god doesn't love everyone just his children who are washed in the blood of salvation. He's told me that punishing your own kids does not equal punishing strangers kids which is what he considers nonbelievers to be. God isn't harsh he protects his 'children', and anything he does to nonbelievers is justified because we aren't his children.
I'm sorta confused on how some say god is love when the Bible says god hates things too. Or how if we aren't all god's children then why were we all made in his image by him then disowned?
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

(May 13, 2013 at 6:03 pm)missluckie26 Wrote: Kayenneh..only two problems with that?

Yup. I'm drunk. My brain can at the moment only balance two ideas at once Wink

(May 13, 2013 at 6:02 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Why, silly, obviously, each group of people that believe in a given god, is that god's chosen people.
Wink

So it's the people's chosen god, not the other way around.. Oh, I see! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(May 13, 2013 at 6:05 pm)Kayenneh Wrote:
(May 13, 2013 at 6:02 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Why, silly, obviously, each group of people that believe in a given god, is that god's chosen people.
Wink

So it's the people's chosen god, not the other way around.. Oh, I see! Big Grin

That's it... see it that way! Smile
(May 13, 2013 at 5:50 pm)missluckie26 Wrote:

fo0d0 Wrote:You and I are not God, so you and I are incapable of judging.

Yes but god did judge who are innocent and babies are one of those. Its in the Bible. So he killed innocents when he ordered the babies torn from the wombs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 728 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Theist with Questions RBP3280 57 3000 April 1, 2022 at 6:14 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Overcoming shame of being duped by a cult Won2blv 11 1245 December 22, 2020 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Dating / Married To Theist wolf39us 23 2869 April 8, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  You're a theist against immigration? Foxaèr 54 9463 July 9, 2018 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A serious question for the theist. Foxaèr 18 3041 May 9, 2018 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Stupid theist tricks........ Brian37 6 1884 April 29, 2018 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3724 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 22644 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Theist Posters: Why do you believe your God exists? SuperSentient 65 14614 March 15, 2017 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Cyberman