Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 1:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
Watching all the Rocky movies this weekend
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Never seen any of those films strangely.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
Legends of the Hidden Temple.
[Image: Legends-of-the-Hidden-Temple-The-Movie-2016-280x411.jpg]

Yeah they made a tv movie about a game show I grew up on. Anyways it was surprisingly good. Maojrity of that is due to the fact that they typical millennial cringe comedy of Nick was rarely used and I mean rarely. Whomever made this knew that it had to be suspenseful, and we do get that in this it's just not that extreme. And for a Nick movie there were allot of serious moments. The music was good, even utilizing a horror movie style ost for one particular scene. But just like a TV movie there are continuity errors and moments where you go "well why didn't they just do that in the 1st place". Also I wish the side story involving the parents was left out. The only reason that's there is that nick can have some of their cringe humor in it. The acting was good - ok depending. All in all, it was good. A 3.5/5 Silver Monkeys in my book.
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]
Seven pounds.

(To all if any that haven't yet watched this film - you won't regret it. Simply the best Will Smith I've ever seen.)
(December 7, 2016 at 6:31 am)pool the great Wrote: Seven pounds.

(To all if any that haven't yet watched this film - you won't regret it. Simply the best Will Smith I've ever seen.)

All Will Smith movies have the exact same plot, viz Will Smith is Jebus and he can do no wrong. It's why I grew sick of him a long time ago.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
A Christmas Horror Story- really well made horror anthology where the three stories run concurrently. Good acting, good script, and a refreshing use of jump scares which included one or two subversions of the trope. Occasionally funny and not too scary, and the twist ending is awesome. I've become jaded with horror lately, but this was a fun movie.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Just saw The Accountant yesterday. Honestly it sucked.
“Love is the only bow on Life’s dark cloud. It is the morning and the evening star. It shines upon the babe, and sheds its radiance on the quiet tomb. It is the mother of art, inspirer of poet, patriot and philosopher.

It is the air and light of every heart – builder of every home, kindler of every fire on every hearth. It was the first to dream of immortality. It fills the world with melody – for music is the voice of love.

Love is the magician, the enchanter, that changes worthless things to Joy, and makes royal kings and queens of common clay. It is the perfume of that wondrous flower, the heart, and without that sacred passion, that divine swoon, we are less than beasts; but with it, earth is heaven, and we are gods.” - Robert. G. Ingersoll

The Martian

loved the sets, the contrivances to get the astronaut stranded and imperiled, OTOH, were extremely grating.

The Mars air pressure can't be high enough to blow Watley hundreds of feet away, and yet low enough to allow the air lock to blow up the way it did and high enough to allow the plastic sheet air lock repair to work or high enough to blow the one MAV over but low enough to leave the other MAV upright

However, for an unhairy actor to run around shirtless as much as Damon did, he was at least tolerable.

Curiously, the running joke of the disco music wore on me after a while, Watley might have found some other music at some point to good effect.

The Mars rendezvous was awful, so many ways it could have possibly worked weren't portrayed, and the way it was wouldn't have.

The explanation of the hydrogen explosion didn't make any sense either.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

5th wave. By the numbers sci fi flick made for females, as evidenced by the gratuitous topless scene of the male character who manages to maintain faultless hair in the apocalypse.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

The Last Movie You Watched
Don't Breathe

At last, a decent horror flick!
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 565 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3778 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 805 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 581 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 466 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 502 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1708 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2265 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1681 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1757 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer