Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 2:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
(July 8, 2017 at 3:01 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: [Image: 51CCgJs0lsL.jpg]

Thor: The Dark World

It was okay, if a bit confusing.

I actually watched Thor the other day.

Not bad, though not as good as Deadpool or Ant Man.
Dying to live, living to die.
I just finished watching Compulsion (1959), which is about the Leopold-Loeb case.  Watching this got me in the mood to see Rope along with some other Hitchcock films (Dial M for Murder comes to mind).

I watched Anatomy of a Murder (1959) last night, which IMO, is an awesome film: the courtroom gamesmanship between James Stewart and George C. Scott is quite witty and cool. With that said, if you like great acting and/or you're into courtroom dramas, then this may be an interesting flick to see.

I just finished watching Summertime Switch (1994). I think the last time I saw this was when I was a preteen/young teen, so it definitely brought me back. IMO, it's a nice little flick with some cool messages. In particular, I liked the ideas of being comfortable in one's own skin and embracing change, so that one can grow beyond his or her pre-concieved personal limitations.

Descendants 2

Yes, I am an adult who loves Disney.

Don't judge me.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Trainspotting 2.

Two thumbs up. A sequel couldn't possibly have been as clever and hard-hitting as the original, but it's about as good as it could have been.
I just watched Strangers on a Train (1951).  It never really dawned on me that this movie does a good job of introducing people to tennis; it also lets one see how interesting it can be to watch a game, especially when two players are highly skilled.  Also, there's a scene on a train between Guy, the main character in the film, and a drunk named Collins, who happens to be a professor at Delaware Tech, where Collins is singing about goats and then mentions a particular calculus point that he made while he was giving a lecture on differential calculus.  Now, when Collins asks Guy if he understood his calculus remark, Guy responds in the affirmative, which briefly shocks Collins ; however, Collins quickly starts singing about goats again and goes off into a drunken stupor.

With that said, this calculus remark went over my head when I watched this movie in high school.  However, after learning calculus, I can see how Guy understood what Collins was saying, which definitely made me appreciate that brief exchange between the characters.

Moana.

9/10.

It would have been 7 or 8/10 if it didn't have the chicken...
Dying to live, living to die.
Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

Quote:Two overly imaginative pranksters named George and Harold hypnotize their principal into thinking he's a ridiculously enthusiastic, incredibly dimwitted superhero named Captain Underpants.

Trailer
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Wonder Woman

It was okay for a superhero movie, they're not my thing but I thought this was on the top half of the ones I've seen.

But...

DAMN the actress they cast is gorgeous!
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 565 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3779 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 807 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 581 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 467 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 506 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1708 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2270 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1689 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1770 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer