Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 10:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
A Quiet Place

Wasn't as scary as it was made out to be, it only got me at a couple jump scare points. The creepiest part of the movie was the fact that I was the only person in the theater and at two points a theater employee came in and walked halfway up the stairs, looked around and then left.

A soft recommend.

Solo

Fun Star Wars story but it didn't capture Han Solo's character to me at all. He was far to idealistic for Han and there were times when he came off as completely disingenuous to me. I also wanted to punch his smug-smiling face. I generally liked the story line and other characters though. Donald Glover totally nails Lando and I enjoyed Emilia Clarke in it, too.

It comes off as the first in a series which is what it would have to be in order for me to buy Han's character.

A recommend for Donald Glover and Emilia Clarke.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Nothing But the Truth (2008)

[Image: nothing%20but%20the%20truth.JPG]

excellent movie. I can't believe I only watched it now. wah wah
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
GIFTED 2017'
Amazing movie!
If you watched this movie you must do it.... At the beginning the acting - is great! Mary (Grace Mckenna) is a special, gifted child who solves complex math problems, this little girl is just amazing and i won't mention about Chris Evans who plays her uncle and he's fantastic in this role.. he's not my favourit actor but here he does great job. And of course  must be here an animal too... one-eyed, red cat Fred. This movie is about math and or above all about true life choices and true love.... the love and sense of family that Mary and her uncle Frank have. Anyway you can have here the whole look of emotions.. you can laugh, cry or feel anxious. So, the all characters are awesome and every single one of them... and of course a plot!
You have to watch it!!! Smile
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4481414/
"Alone is what I have. Alone protects me." 
“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."
"The Shape of Water" I loved the theme of the disabled woman and the amphibian man falling in love. Just loved the movie. Sally Hawkins was pretty cute. The characters were very endearing, except one messed up, creepy character.
(June 13, 2018 at 2:30 pm)KittyAnn Wrote: GIFTED 2017'
Amazing movie!
If you watched this movie you must do it.... At the beginning the acting - is great! Mary (Grace Mckenna) is a special, gifted child who solves complex math problems, this little girl is just amazing and i won't mention about Chris Evans who plays her uncle and he's fantastic in this role.. he's not my favourit actor but here he does great job. And of course  must be here an animal too... one-eyed, red cat Fred. This movie is about math and or above all about true life choices and true love.... the love and sense of family that Mary and her uncle Frank have. Anyway you can have here the whole look of emotions.. you can laugh, cry or feel anxious. So, the all characters are awesome and every single one of them... and of course a plot!
You have to watch it!!! Smile
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4481414/

I saw the trailer when it came out; at the time, it enraged me more than any other trailer I had seen in a long time.

Here’s what I said at the time:

Quote:It may not seem like much, but here's the thing; this girl's got this amazing intellectual gift, and this woman from a special school discovered this and wants to put her into a special place where her gifts can be nurtured. And she's the bad guy because her dad promised his dead wife he'd give her a normal life, someplace where she will be surrounded by people she will come to see as idiots, likely becoming a target for bullying by other kids who don't like that she's actually got a functioning brain, unlike them.

It enrages me because I wound up in a similar situation; I learned to read before I was potty trained, and an IQ test I took at the age of 5 or 6 said I had an IQ of 176 (and it's the Weschler, as far as I can tell), but because my mother insisted that I go to a Lutheran school, specifically her old grade school, where the teachers simply weren't able to cope with someone who, in the first grade, could read a book without having to trace the words with my finger and the students treated me like some sort of Untermensch because I wasn't like them. I bear scars, both physical and mental, to this day. And they're expecting me to root for a Dad subjecting his own daughter to something so close to that?

And it turns out that the trailer really failed to represent the movie at all, since the Dad (actually the uncle) actually does have some idea of what Grandma has in mind, and That’s why he took such pains to try and spare her it.

My therapist convinced me to see it, and I was not disappointed.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
'Blackthorn', a 2011 film with Sam Shepard.  The premise is that Butch Cassidy, now in his sixties, survived the shootout in Bolivia.  He is making plans to go back to the US to meet his son for the first time when he get embroiled in a robbery/manhunt.

Not bad, not great.  The cinematography was breathtaking (never knew Bolivia was so goddamed pretty), the flashbacks were kind of annoying, and the writing was better than the acting.  6/10.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I just watched Deadpool again. Fucking love that movie.
'If your left leg is x-mas and your right leg is New Year's Eve, can I visit you between the holidays?'
Something like that, didn't pick it up the first time, made me laugh. :-)

"...can I eat between the holidays..."
Other than his sexy tight outfit, Deadpool is overrated.

I honestly didn't laugh when I watched the first movie. Not sure why, except that maybe the humor eluded me.
(June 16, 2018 at 10:39 am)Kit Wrote: Other than his sexy tight outfit, Deadpool is overrated.

I honestly didn't laugh when I watched the first movie.  Not sure why, except that maybe the humor eluded me.

I laughed until I cried at some points.  Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 565 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3779 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 807 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 581 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 467 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 506 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1708 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2270 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1689 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1774 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer