Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 4:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
The Frighteners - A horror comedy with a Beetlejuice-like sense of humor, starring Michael J. Fox. It's a little sad because he plays a drunk, and you're not always sure how much of his mannerisms are part of his acting and how much are from the early stages of Parkinson's. It's an okay movie.

Firestarter - A Stephen King adaptation that I missed before. There's nothing original in the movie, but watching a little girl set things on fire with her mind is cool. I think this book/movie may have influenced the creators of the new TV show, Believe.

Europa Report - Apparently, there's life on one of Jupiter' s moons. And it's kind of Lovecraftian. Also, according to this movie, Jupiter's moons are located in "deep space." Really? Is it really "deep space" if it's within our own solar system.

GBF - Yes, I watched a teen dramedy. I liked this one, it was kind of like Easy A. More than one reference to Mean Girls, too.

Videodrome and They Live - I'm putting these together on the list because they're both 80s movies that should be remade and updated. Videodrome is about evil TV, I guess, and They Live is about evil aliens that have infiltrated Earth's population and put propaganda everywhere.

Passengers - Meh. The twist that

has been done before, better.

Twelve Monkeys - Not the best time travel movie I've ever seen, but not the worst. I just have a nit to pick - I know this movie was made before 9/11, but are we really supposed to believe the bad guy would get past airport security with a box full of deadly virus? REALLY?

Shadow People - Total bullshit based on a real thing. That real thing is Sudden Unexpected Nocturnal Death Syndrome (SUNDS). Apparently, this has happened in different eras in different Asian communities, and there are tons of myths about it, but I don't think "Shadow People" are one of those myths.

Chasing the Devil - Pretty much just another Paranormal Activity ripoff. Fortunately for me, I never really tire of watching Paranormal Activity ripoffs.
Tim's Vermeer. Very engaging, and oddly emotional at one point.
http://sonyclassics.com/timsvermeer/
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Let's see...

Since my last post in this thread I've seen:
Thor: The Dark World, Elysium, Non-Stop, and Robocop

None of them were spectacular, but none were awful, either (in my opinion). I think Robocop was probably the best (I've never seen the original). I thought Thor was kinda meh, or maybe that's just me being acclimated with typical action movie plots...or maybe having a fairly predictable plot is proof of its mehness? (not a word, I know...or is it?)
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Oh, man, the movie I'm watching right now used the Papyrus font for it's opening titles. I'm not even kidding. This is some ghetto shit.
(March 12, 2014 at 6:45 pm)futilethewinds Wrote:

You're a movie junkie Big Grin
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
last movie I watched was that new Thor movie, I found it pretty dumb. I liked the first one, personally, I just think I'm all super hero'd out.

before that I watched Gravity, it was fine, not as good as all the hype suggested, but not horrible either.

(March 12, 2014 at 9:26 pm)Darkstar Wrote: Let's see...

Since my last post in this thread I've seen:
Thor: The Dark World, Elysium, Non-Stop, and Robocop

None of them were spectacular, but none were awful, either (in my opinion). I think Robocop was probably the best (I've never seen the original). I thought Thor was kinda meh, or maybe that's just me being acclimated with typical action movie plots...or maybe having a fairly predictable plot is proof of its mehness? (not a word, I know...or is it?)

you never seen the original robocop?

I'd recomend you watch the original, it's pretty good, an 80's darkness to it. I liked number 2 when I was a kid, number one was better IMO though.

I still need to check out the new one.
(March 14, 2014 at 1:37 am)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: You're a movie junkie Big Grin
I'm not taking classes this semester and no matter how many jobs I apply for, NOBODY HIRES ME, so I have to do something with my time. Tongue
(February 15, 2014 at 7:03 am)noor100 Wrote: The last movie that I saw was called Mr. Brooks. It is a Kevin Costner movie and to be honest was pretty good. Long, but worth watching. I also watched Superbad. Man I wish I was that young and innocent again.

Mr. Books is really good; found it at the movie rental place (back when there was still such a thing) and picked it up and was blown away. Made me wonder how many other really good movies are out there that we never hear about because they're not made my Universal or Sony. Undecided

(February 21, 2014 at 8:01 am)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Its ending sucked ass .

Wait until the third/fourth movies. Wink Shades

To be fair, though, I don't so much have a problem with the ending of book three, and thus the ending of movie four, as I do the entire book. I hope they fix the issues for the movie.

(February 21, 2014 at 9:33 am)Tonus Wrote: I think the last one I watched was The Haunting in Connecticut, which was very good. The movie spent so much effort in developing the characters and their plight that it seemed less like a ghost story and more like a dramatic film. I think the cop-out ending hurt the film, though. It would've been a much stronger film with a more lasting impact if they'd let the story conclude in the more obvious way.

Was that the one where

(March 14, 2014 at 2:26 am)Asimm Wrote: last movie I watched was that new Thor movie, I found it pretty dumb. I liked the first one, personally, I just think I'm all super hero'd out.

I don't know what people see in the first Thor movie to like, aside from Loki. The acting really sucked, it was so distractingly awful I couldn't pay attention to the plot.

The last movie I watched was Berkley Square, a british miniseries about nannies in Victorian london. It's a guilty pleasure type watch, much like the BBC Pride and Prejudice. Smile
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
300 2 - 7/10 (Eva green excellent as artemesia)

Enders game 6/10 (very sorry to say, it was a little discombobulated)

waiting for secretary and fight club to come via amazon !
The Iron Giant - 8/10 - very moving Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 565 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3778 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 804 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 581 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 466 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 501 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1708 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2265 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1679 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1757 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer