Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 5:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
(December 27, 2014 at 6:58 pm)Tonus Wrote: The Interview: this is a film I probably would've skipped if not for the controversy,
It's almost as if the controversy was a publicity stunt, huh?
I recently saw 'Exorcismus'. For those who haven't seen it, SPOILER ALERT it's a somewhat interesting take on the typical exorcism template.

A priest exorcises a girl who later died. He then manipulated his own niece into becoming possessed, simply so he could record the exorcism sessions, prove the devil exists, and exonerate himself.

Wasn't great, didn't stink.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I think the interview was OK, kinda silly but cool movie .
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Gone Girl

http://youtu.be/esGn-xKFZdU

The Interview

http://youtu.be/frsvWVEHowg
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(December 27, 2014 at 7:36 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(December 27, 2014 at 6:58 pm)Tonus Wrote: The Interview: this is a film I probably would've skipped if not for the controversy,
It's almost as if the controversy was a publicity stunt, huh?
Apparently they've made back about $18 million of the $75 million that the movie cost to make. Hopefully they have fired whoever came up with the "lets pretend terrorists made pussies out of us all" publicity campaign.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(December 29, 2014 at 4:07 pm)Tonus Wrote:
(December 27, 2014 at 7:36 pm)pocaracas Wrote: It's almost as if the controversy was a publicity stunt, huh?
Apparently they've made back about $18 million of the $75 million that the movie cost to make. Hopefully they have fired whoever came up with the "lets pretend terrorists made pussies out of us all" publicity campaign.

You were expecting to cover the investment before the first week was over?
How many movies can accomplish that?
(December 29, 2014 at 5:34 pm)pocaracas Wrote: You were expecting to cover the investment before the first week was over?
How many movies can accomplish that?
The article I read indicated that they originally were counting on a $40-60 million opening week. It seems likely that in time they will recoup their investment and make a small profit, but that doesn't seem to be worth the shot to their reputational groin (so to speak).
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Just saw the last installment of the Hobbit. Kind of glad its over. More and more I realize I don't like Tolkien's black and white world of pure good and unbelievable evil.
[Image: Shakespeare_in_Love_1998_Poster.jpg]

An old favorite.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Gone girl 8.5/10

[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 565 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3779 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 806 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 581 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 467 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 506 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1708 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2269 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1688 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1765 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer