Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 3:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
The Avengers. Lost count how many times it's been watched in our home.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
The Last Movie You Watched
Interstellar after several colleagues raving about it. I was a bit underwhelmed. The underlying 'love transcends space time' supernatural element of it spoiled it a bit for me. That and the landing on a planet orbiting a black hole thing stretched things (forgive the pun) a bit too far for my fact desiring brain. Too much lovey stuff and not enough SF stuff.

Having said that, the missus enjoyed it.
This isn't exactly the LAST movie I watched, but I discovered it during a recent bout of insomnia on Turner Classic Movies:

Ciao Manhattan!

The best way I can describe it is if Lars von Trier's Nymphomaniac was made by the same people, and under the same circumstances as They Saved Hitler's Brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhya0J0UxwA
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Finally got to watch "Lawless". Excellent movie!

[video=dailymotion]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMpWyN1ik8U[/video]

"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Sharknado 2 on Netflix streaming. It's the rare sequel that surpasses the original.
Caught Wetlands on Netflix

Without a doubt the grossest movie I've ever seen, but that isn't a bad thing. It escapes the category of a gross-out film by making those scenes integral to her character. Ultimately, there is no point to the story (not exactly a fair assessment), which I find common amongst coming of age movies, but that doesn't stop it from being very entertaining and relatable; keeping my full attention. Great flick.

ETA: Does imgfit /imgfit do anything anymore? This thing seems awfully big. Better hide it.
Watched a pair with the wife last weekend. "Non-Stop" with Liam Neeson and Julianne Moore, and "Gambit" with Cameron Diaz and Alan Rickman.

"Non-Stop" is your typical 2010s action movie with the action moved on-board a plane in flight. A terrorist is (rather implausibly) killing one passenger ever twenty minutes in an attempt to discredit the air marshals. Not the worst film ever, but nothing you'll regret not watching either. 6/10

"Gambit" turned out a bit different than I expected. Thought I was in for two hours of tedium with yet another chick-flick and got a rather goofy comedy instead. An art curator tries to get revenge on his asshole boss by trying to sell him a counterfeit Monet. Silly and over the top, but nothing to make you want your two hours back. 6/10
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(April 4, 2015 at 7:47 am)A Theist Wrote: Finally got to watch "Lawless". Excellent movie!

They had photos of the real people the film was based on at the end. A bunch of uglier thugs you have never seen.

(April 4, 2015 at 7:56 am)alpha male Wrote: Sharknado 2 on Netflix streaming. It's the rare sequel that surpasses the original.

I made it five minutes into the original before deciding my time was better spent doing anything else than watching it.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Well, yeah, they're not for everyone.
(April 4, 2015 at 11:49 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(April 4, 2015 at 7:47 am)A Theist Wrote: Finally got to watch "Lawless". Excellent movie!

They had photos of the real people the film was based on at the end. A bunch of uglier thugs you have never seen.

(April 4, 2015 at 7:56 am)alpha male Wrote: Sharknado 2 on Netflix streaming. It's the rare sequel that surpasses the original.

I made it five minutes into the original before deciding my time was better spent doing anything else than watching it.

Yup. I saw that. Evidently the movie was based on real events and real people. They were definitely vicious.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 565 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3779 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 806 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 581 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 466 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 506 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1708 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2268 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1685 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1763 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer