Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 10:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
I just watched pulp fiction again.

I think the plot to the film is amazing, I love how all the stories link up.

There's one element about the script writing I find annoying, listen to the way all the people in the film speak. 
They all pretty much sound like they're the same person.  Listen to the speech patterns, jokes, the way they explain things.  You really can tell that these aren't real life people with any unique personality.

Also this is another 90s film like fight club where I think there's a fucking crazy amount of cig smoking going on, did the tobacco companies pay these films off to have lots of movies stars smoking while looking really really really really cool and saying cool things?  I don't really believe in conspiracy theories but stranger things have happened, and I can imagine a large amount of people were subliminally convinced into smoking by films like these.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(May 23, 2015 at 4:43 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Ex Machina

Sucked balls.

Ex Machina, too...
Not bad, but I was expecting it to go so much higher... in the end, I felt disappointed, but hey, maybe we'll get a sequel!
(May 16, 2015 at 12:35 pm)dyresand Wrote:
(May 16, 2015 at 12:33 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Watched LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring for the first time.  I have the trilogy on Blu-ray.

It was good, but I think it's a bit overrated.

It was good the other 2 get better than the first. 

Depending on your criteria. If faithfulness to the source material is important then no, they didn't.

(May 23, 2015 at 4:52 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I don't really believe in conspiracy theories but stranger things have happened, and I can imagine a large amount of people were subliminally convinced into smoking by films like these.

It's called product placement and it's no grand conspiracy theory. Every time you see a brand name in a movie (and for this purpose cigarette is the "brand name") it's a little micro commercial. The idea is that we're all so stupid that because Spidey uses a Viao, we're all gonna be influenced by that to buy a Vaio.

You should watch the movie "Thank You for Smoking." Pretty good take on how the tobacco industry has used spin control (including product placement) to maintain a viable market in the first world.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Re-watched The Searchers, arguably John Ford's greatest film. Every shot of this movie is masterful, and Wayne's portrayal of the virulently racist loner on a quest to save his niece from her Comanche captors (even if it means killing her) is chilling and among his best. Some day I intend to watch The Searchers and Taxi Driver back-to-back to fully absorb the various ways the former influenced the latter.
The Hobbit Part 3. Wow was that a disappointment.
World War Z.
It took a while to get going and had some very goofy moments, but overall quite an enjoyable movie. It made me want to see a proper global war against zombies, where we don't just go down without a fight Tongue
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(May 23, 2015 at 3:52 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(May 17, 2015 at 11:38 am)Exian Wrote: Have you seen those Phantom Edits? I have not, but from what I read, it would make the movie pace a lot better.

Check out a guy named Adywan, who's set himself the ambition to remaster and re-edit all six original films - restructuring scenes to make the story flow better, removing continuity errors, repainting the visual effects, and above all repairing the damage of the Special Editions. The plan is to bring all six to the same visual standard. He's already done A New Hope and is in the final stages of The Empire Strikes Back. For this entry, he's actually reshot some scenes with brans new footage; and even built a replica of the carbonite Han Solo just to fix a costume continuity error.

Here's what Cracked said about him.

Holy shit. Is there a user friendly way to get a hold of this? I'm not about to buy hardware for a few movies. Still gotta give props to this guys ambition.
(May 17, 2015 at 11:38 am)Exian Wrote: Have you seen those Phantom Edits? I have not, but from what I read, it would make the movie pace a lot better.

Better yet, watch everything in machete order.

No, sounds interesting!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Next, I want to see Aloha, with Emma Stone, Bradley Cooper and Rachel McAdams. https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Aiw...t-250&fp=1
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
We saw The Zero Theorem and we thought it was very good.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 565 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3778 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 806 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 581 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 466 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 503 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1708 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2266 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1683 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1757 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer