Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 12:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
RE: Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
Jerkoff
(December 19, 2013 at 1:55 am)snowtracks Wrote:
(December 15, 2013 at 12:16 am)rasetsu Wrote: Bullshit. Penrose's Conformal Cyclic Cosmology postulates that the universe need not have a beginning at all. Hawking postulates a singularity, whose causal origin cannot be known. And to the best of my knowledge of Ellis, he doesn't even address the problem in any tangible way. Now you're just making shit up and attributing it to famous physicists. Isn't it a sin in your universe to tell lies like this?

flawed analysis, but nice try though.

(December 19, 2013 at 1:55 am)snowtracks Wrote: The Nature of Space and Time, Hawking stated, "Today virtually everyone agrees that the universe and time itself had a beginning at the Big Bang": ref - Hawking, S.W. and Penrose, R. 1996. The Nature of Space and Time, p. 20.

What Hawking thinks "everyone agrees" to is not relevant. I don't care about what everyone thinks. I want to know what Hawking has demonstrated, firstly, and secondly, what he conjectures. A singularity is a well defined concept in physics and your quote mining doesn't change that fact, nor that its existence prior to the big bang implies an absence of knowledge about anything prior to it. Hawking's postulate of a singularity make clear that no "beginning" is asserted by Hawking, as he knows what a singularity is, even if you do not. (ETA: And a glance at the table of contents shows that the chapter you've drawn the quote from is indeed written by Hawking, but is titled, "Classical Theory," and is therefore likely not even an attempt on Hawking's part to describe his own view on the question. I quote from page 5 of chapter 1, Classical Theory, by Hawking, "In this lecture [Classical Theory] I shall review the work in classical general relativity that leads to these ideas [a beginning of space-time]." So he's not even discussing his own views in the quote you cited.)

Princeton University Press Wrote:In this book, the two opponents touch on all these questions ... [Hawking] argues that general relativity simply cannot account for how the universe began.

Princeton University Press description of

(December 19, 2013 at 1:55 am)snowtracks Wrote: book - The Large Scale Structure of Space-Time - hawking and ellis - "Einstein's General Theory of Relativity leads to two remarkable predictions: first, that the ultimate destiny of many massive stars is to undergo gravitational collapse and to disappear from view, leaving behind a 'black hole' in space; and secondly, that there will exist singularities in space-time itself. These singularities are places where space-time begins or ends, and the presently known laws of physics break down. They will occur inside black holes, and in the past are what might be construed as the beginning of the universe. To show how these predictions arise, the authors discuss the General Theory of Relativity in the large. Starting with a precise formulation of the theory and an account of the necessary background of differential geometry, the significance of space-time curvature is discussed and the global properties of a number of exact solutions of Einstein's field equations are examined". from - http://books.google.com/books/about/The_...gG_KI7Ll8C

This isn't even Hawking or Ellis writing, but looks to be nothing more than a publisher's blurb about the book. This isn't even remotely acceptable evidence of Hawking and Ellis' views on what preceded the big bang. God, you're a douche bag. Googling for hits with keywords and mining quotes is not science, it's the ethically challenged bollocks of the religious apologist with no brain and even less scholarship.

[Image: chortle.jpg]

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 19, 2013 at 6:12 am)rasetsu Wrote:
(December 19, 2013 at 1:55 am)snowtracks Wrote: book - The Large Scale Structure of Space-Time - hawking and ellis - "Einstein's General Theory of Relativity leads to two remarkable predictions: first, that the ultimate destiny of many massive stars is to undergo gravitational collapse and to disappear from view, leaving behind a 'black hole' in space; and secondly, that there will exist singularities in space-time itself. These singularities are places where space-time begins or ends, and the presently known laws of physics break down. They will occur inside black holes, and in the past are what might be construed as the beginning of the universe. To show how these predictions arise, the authors discuss the General Theory of Relativity in the large. Starting with a precise formulation of the theory and an account of the necessary background of differential geometry, the significance of space-time curvature is discussed and the global properties of a number of exact solutions of Einstein's field equations are examined". from - http://books.google.com/books/about/The_...gG_KI7Ll8C

This isn't even Hawking or Ellis writing, but looks to be nothing more than a publisher's blurb about the book. This isn't even remotely acceptable evidence of Hawking and Ellis' views on what preceded the big bang. God, you're a douche bag. Googling for hits with keywords and mining quotes is not science, it's the ethically challenged bollocks of the religious apologist with no brain and even less scholarship.

This is more than someone with such "ethically challenged bullocks" deserves. At this point, anyone with any self respect would either apologize for their piss poor apologetics or simply slink away in shame. Snowtracks do you finally have no shame or does your end truly justify any means?
that stubborn point of singularity which conotes creation just won't go away, and consequently the atheists are frantically resorting to cosmological metaphysical speculations that they think somehow can be slipped under the radar but it's not working - an 'a' for effort though.

(December 19, 2013 at 12:01 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(December 18, 2013 at 11:56 pm)snowtracks Wrote: even while you're chortling (which i don't mind) about evil spirits, maybe you can still learn something about them. these supernatural (and as such: not limited the the physics of our 4 dim's of space and time) created entities are fallen angels that are under the control of satan and their major purpose is deception; aka, false religions. their exact numbers in not known but they consist of 1/3 of the angelic realm. their final destiny is hell along with satan, the future antichrist and false prophet.

I see you want the chortling to continue: that's good, because the best way to keep it up is to continue rambling on about the magic time travelling capabilities of demons, while providing zero evidence for them. Assertions heaped atop assertions does not evidence make.

"I see you want the chortling to continue: " didn't say that but makes no differents either way.
Atheist Credo: An universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
I think snowball needs a refresher.

From dictionary.com...

Quote:shame [sheym]
noun
1. the painful feeling arising from the consciousness of something dishonorable, improper, ridiculous, etc., done by oneself or another: She was overcome with shame.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(December 19, 2013 at 9:16 pm)snowtracks Wrote: that stubborn point of singularity which conotes creation just won't go away, and consequently the atheists are frantically resorting to cosmological metaphysical speculations that they think somehow can be slipped under the radar but it's not working - an 'a' for effort though.

[Image: snowtracks-01.jpg]

[Image: snowtracks-02.jpg]

[Image: snowtracks-03.jpg]

[Image: snowtracks-04.jpg]

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 19, 2013 at 9:16 pm)snowtracks Wrote: that stubborn point of singularity which conotes creation just won't go away, and consequently the atheists are frantically resorting to cosmological metaphysical speculations that they think somehow can be slipped under the radar but it's not working - an 'a' for effort though.

The stubborn lack of evidence for a creation just won't go away, and so consequently snowtracks is frantically resorting to making the same assertion over and over again, that he thinks can somehow be slipped under the radar as a replacement for evidence- an 'f' for effort though, you arrogant little shit.

Quote:"I see you want the chortling to continue: " didn't say that but makes no differents either way.

Yeah, the only thing that's going to make a difference is you coming up with either some evidence, or some humility. I don't see either happening.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(December 20, 2013 at 12:00 am)Esquilax Wrote:

The stubborn lack of evidence for a creation just won't go away, and so consequently snowtracks is frantically resorting to making the same assertion over and over again, that he thinks can somehow be slipped under the radar as a replacement for evidence- an 'f' for effort though, you arrogant little shit.

Quote:"I see you want the chortling to continue: " didn't say that but makes no differents either way.

Yeah, the only thing that's going to make a difference is you coming up with either some evidence, or some humility. I don't see either happening.

see what i get for trying to help.
Atheist Credo: An universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
How are you trying to help? How can what you have been saying, help in any way, shape or form?
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(December 20, 2013 at 9:12 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: How are you trying to help? How can what you have been saying, help in any way, shape or form?

What, quote mining and flagrant intellectual dishonesty aren't helping?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debunk the divine origin LinuxGal 35 2415 October 9, 2023 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1369 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Age of the Universe/Earth Ferrocyanide 31 4115 January 8, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 2939 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10237 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  No-one under 25 in iceland believes god created the universe downbeatplumb 8 1821 August 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15322 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Josh McDowell and the "atheistic" Internet Jehanne 43 6302 February 8, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Supernatural denial, atheistic hypocrisy? Victory123 56 9726 February 1, 2018 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 19126 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer