Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 9:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another Conversion Story~
RE: Yet Another Conversion Story~
This conversation is about elegant as retards playing ping-pong.
Why thank you kind sir.

EvF

Wait..............
Ok, since you aren't going to try - let me do it for you....

Me: "Do you deny that Christianity (in part*) explicitly requires belief to understand it?"

*part missed out from original text

"So if, fr0d0, that's a misquote - then I presume you deny it yourself??"

Both the misquote and the original say roughly the same thing. The original just specifies "in part". So... the matter of quote/ misquote has no bearing on my position: Christianity, in part, explicitly requires belief.

I've said the same very many times to you previously, so why you wouldn't know this already is beyond my understanding.

"And you somehow were not - in that quote - implying that you believe Christianity does require belief in order to be understand?"

- and here is you yet again repeating yourself.

Clear?
fr0d0 Wrote:Do you deny that Christianity in part explicitly requires belief to understand it?

I was replying to the above quote.

So if that isn't a misquote then we have no problems... if it is then I assume you do not in fact support it.... (I am being hypothetical here you see, for I am not sure what you believe...and then I end with a question mark (for I am also inquiring): )?

How can a hypothetical and a question be wrong? And if what you are saying is a misquote and you do not agree with it... (and once more... I'm still only inquiring... no statement is being made) how am I mistaken?

EvF
You're not sure even though I clearly stated my position in the post before yours?

No wonder you're confused! Big Grin
I was asking a question and being hypothetical and you treated what I said as a statement that can be "wrong".... that is what I see to be confused.

EvF
I see so you're choosing to ignore your question now and are focussing on what you didn't understand in the reply... right - so we need to move the goal posts then....

In your question you ask "if" the misquote is me saying the opposite of what was quoted - which you can now clearly see was never the case. Both quote and misquote were the same position but to a differing degree.

So your question, being about what was never said, was invalid.

Get this one?
I do not personally believe it is a misquote.... I was joking by saying sort of "Now if THAT'S a misquote [as well as the previous one that actually was] , you're screwed! So admit to it not being a misquote this time you pedant (just kidding! Big Grin)".

That's what I was doing (or trying to do!).

EvF
ah a joke. humor. a funny. mirth. gaiety.

Ever consider a career in torture? Smile
It's not for me... I can't do it intentionally that's my problem Tongue

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Conversion - De-conversion *Long* rskovride 9 3472 March 4, 2018 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  So my story of becoming a non-believer: Mechaghostman2 2 1781 January 8, 2016 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Old Baby
  My conversion story, just to get it off my chest. LadyForCamus 4 1975 December 26, 2015 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  My Deconversion Story PhilliptheTeenageAtheist 26 5564 June 2, 2015 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  My Conversion Story Rancid 16 4703 February 21, 2015 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Converted into Athiesm - My Story coolfunkDJ 15 4723 February 9, 2015 at 8:14 am
Last Post: Nope
  Recent convert - My story Regina 6 2382 January 7, 2015 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Regina
  The Conversion Story of a Kid Kloud 11 3451 December 18, 2014 at 6:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My de-converted re-conversion Rarthyr500 47 13677 December 8, 2014 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  anyone buy a drone yet? Jextin 0 780 December 4, 2014 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Jextin