Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 7:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones Season 5 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
RE: Game of Thrones Season 5 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
Yeah, I am so freaking confused. I feel as though I missed something in the last episode, yet it's just this show being hollywood stupid.

I kind of want to stop watching now. :C
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Watched the newest episode, and duly shit my pants. Creepy, creepy!
Ok, kitan, do tell us what's messing you up.
- Tyrion is finally advising Daenerys... and it seems they see eye-to-eye.
- Jorah's going full retard... but he knows he's doomed by greyscale, so might as well show her what she threw away.
- Arya's learning to be a faceless assassin.
- Cersei is being urged to confess, or else there will be a trial... not an entirely fair one.
- and half the episode is spent at Hardhome, where we see exactly the kind of threat that lies beyond the wall and why the wildlings and the night's watch must unite against that common foe. Why the whitewalkers and whights do that is beyond me... they're the villains, who cares?! They're pure evil and want to kill all, like zombies after brains. We do know that the realm of men has some weapons they can use against this cold foe: dragonglass (and there's a ton of it at dragonstone), Valyrian steel (forged using dragon fire) and... well... there are the dragons themselves... and the wall has a few spells that keep them out.
And Jon Snow killed a white walker Shock
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Easily best episode of the season, one of the best of the series. I'm burnt out as hell on zombie movies, but mind-controlled undead that can use weapons and armor in a medieval setting? Count me in.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Now I want Stannis to invade the north, but I suspect he will lose the battle. I really like Stannis and I wouldn't mind him becoming king, but I think it's totally not happening
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Preview for the next episode shows (what I assume is) Stannis' camp on fire, so I think Seal Team Ramsay are just gonna go in, cause a ruckus and get out, maybe ruining the food stores or burning down all their shelter to incite mutiny in the cold. I'm really hoping Stannis just fucking bosses him though and kills him. Or Brienne could do it.
- Thomas Jefferson
Hmmm... nope.. Best episode was last week's - Cersei's face as she was dragged to a cell... Big Grin
(June 2, 2015 at 8:18 am)pocaracas Wrote: Hmmm... nope.. Best episode was last week's - Cersei's face as she was dragged to a cell... Big Grin

Her sucking water off a dirty cell floor was pretty satisfying too, though. Especially after how many shots we've seen of her with her eyebrow cocked and smirking at someone else while drinking wine out of a fancy goblet.
- Thomas Jefferson
(June 2, 2015 at 8:18 am)pocaracas Wrote: Hmmm... nope.. Best episode was last week's - Cersei's face as she was dragged to a cell... Big Grin

Oh, so she was and I just do not remember it. xD

That is what had me confused.  I did not recall her being dragged away.  That is what happens when one drinks and watches shows.  
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 361 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  I wan't to express, that I disliked Rick and Morty season 3 Der/die AtheistIn 38 2634 February 6, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  'Tis the Season (almost) -- your favorite Nativity photos here! Jehanne 38 2954 December 27, 2018 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 6274 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Video Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] SteelCurtain 357 67726 January 28, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  X-Files season 11 (maybe) Foxaèr 10 1942 January 26, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
Tongue Let's talk Black Mirror season 4 Aoi Magi 23 3830 January 15, 2018 at 9:35 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Which is the best survivor season? ErGingerbreadMandude 4 1076 October 22, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Game of Thrones Season 7 trailer, "The Long Walk" Aegon 3 943 March 30, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Do not watch the movie, "The Arrival" because it is pro-life propaganda. {Spoilers} Foxaèr 21 5076 February 6, 2017 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda