Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 2:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones Season 5 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
Game of Thrones Season 5 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
Someone tell me what Cersei will do to the religious fucks that imprisoned her and made her do the walk of atonement.
RE: Game of Thrones Season 5 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
(June 14, 2015 at 10:27 pm)KUSA Wrote: Someone tell me what Cersei will do to the religious fucks that imprisoned her and made her do the walk of atonement.

No one knows, except Martin and the show writers, since Martin hasn't bothered to FINISH WINDS OF WINTER YET!!!  Demon

Sorry, couldn't control myself there for a moment.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
I haven't read the books (and never do once I start a tv series (it's one or the other for me)), but I'm heartily disappointed with the series this year. Acting is of course as good as ever.  The effects and locations still spot-on.  The story however, seems to be dragging unnecessarily at times.   And what of this finale tonight??  They resolved absolutely nothing.  Don't get me wrong, I understand and even encourage an open ended plot twist and ever multiple questions, but to leave an audience with absolutely no closure of any sort seems sadistic.

I do enjoy the show heartily, but I hope they do significantly better next season keeping the story paced a bit faster and allowing for some general resolution among some of the story line.  

At any rate, rest in peace John Snow.  I hope you come back as a zombie and kill all those short-sighted, slow minded bastards.  (Sorry about the use of the word bastard in a negative context.)

oh yeah - 

spoiler alert.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Just in case, spoiler alert.

Well, even by the show's bloodthirsty standards, that was quite the killcount.
No fucking way is The Bastard dead. Not when there's a nigh-immortal magic-wielding Red Witch around who was good and ready to bang him a few episodes back. Nuh-uh.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Not to mention the famed Stark propensity for warging.
So... we reach the end of the story in the books... almost.
Arya's blind... just like in the books.
Jon Snow has been pierced by a bunch of his "brothers" and left for dead... just like in the books.
Sam is going to Old Town... in the books, he's made it all the way there already! Tongue

Stanis is dead... unlike in the books.
Theon helps Ramsay's wife to escape Winterfel... in the books, it wasn't Sansa, but who cares, now? Tongue

Danny goes away with Drogon... we didn't have the shitting stage... awwww.... straight to getting caught by another khal... did they need so many riders to capture one single white-haired girl? This is sort of like the books.
Tyrion and Varys team up to rule Meereen, while the queen is away... that's definitely not in the books.
BlueBeard and Sir Friendzone team up to find Danny... good luck!

The Dorne plot sees the sand snakes victorious... I only remember the girl missing an ear in the books, and I don't remember her going to King's Landing.

And Cersei... that body double with CGIed head wasn't great, but good enough... As for Robert Strong (Frankenstein's monster)... we'll see how he fares against whitewalkers if they ever come this far...

And now my watch begins - 42 weeks and counting.
Oh, damn! I forgot I'm a week behind in this thread... I'll catch up tomorrow when I've watched last night's episode...
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(June 15, 2015 at 9:45 am)pocaracas Wrote: So... we reach the end of the story in the books... almost.
Arya's blind... just like in the books.
Jon Snow has been pierced by a bunch of his "brothers" and left for dead... just like in the books.
Sam is going to Old Town... in the books, he's made it all the way there already! Tongue

Stanis is dead... unlike in the books.
Theon helps Ramsay's wife to escape Winterfel... in the books, it wasn't Sansa, but who cares, now? Tongue

Danny goes away with Drogon... we didn't have the shitting stage... awwww.... straight to getting caught by another khal... did they need so many riders to capture one single white-haired girl? This is sort of like the books.
Tyrion and Varys team up to rule Meereen, while the queen is away... that's definitely not in the books.
BlueBeard and Sir Friendzone team up to find Danny... good luck!

The Dorne plot sees the sand snakes victorious... I only remember the girl missing an ear in the books, and I don't remember her going to King's Landing.

And Cersei... that body double with CGIed head wasn't great, but good enough... As for Robert Strong (Frankenstein's monster)... we'll see how he fares against whitewalkers if they ever come this far...

And now my watch begins - 42 weeks and counting.
Good synopsis. Smile

I was over at the Game of Thrones TV forums, and I'm baffled at the number of people saying the show is so different from the books, they are now going to quit watching. Also, lots of people hated this entire season and really hated the last 2 episodes, claiming the number of cliff hangers was annoying, and how stupid everything was.  

a) Books 4 and 5 have WAAAY more cliffhangers, and way more treading water doing nothing.

b) Most characters are either where they were by the end of book 5, or just pushed a little past it but not fully off the rails (Tyrion, for instance).

c) The ones really off the rails make sense to me, for the most part.  
I liked that Brienne turned away from her watch for Sansa to kill Stannis. She had vowed to do both, and one vow was also backed up by love, so of course she was an idiot and followed her heart/vow.  But I liked that she got to presumable kill Stannis, or perhaps show him mercy and drag him along somewhere to be given some ind of trial.
I actually loved how quickly Stannis's army fell apart.  If he's toast in the books, I appreciate the show runners condensing that for us.  Watching him forcably burn his daughter alive was not a loyalty inspiring act.  Also love that even Mel abandonded him.  I think she finally realized she'd been backing the wrong horse.

Regarding Dorn, even though the kid only lost an ear in the books so far, she was still under attack, and we know she's going to die sooner rather than later.  Cersie has the prophesy that all 3 of her golden haired children will wear golden shrouds, so just pushing Marcella's story forward a bit, too.  
I was kind of liking the little feisty sandsnake, but now that she was in on the plot to murder Marcella (really, innocent of anything except being born into the wrong family) against her uncles wishes, I'm back to hating all the sandsnakes again. I think Jamie will be back with murder on his mind.

Loved the rezzd Mountain...scary!

Loved the Walk of Shame...CGI or not, Lena's acting was excellent.  I felt real pity for Cersie.

Hated FTW, but I knew it was coming.  Now....like Porcaracas, waiting 42 weeks to see if he's actually dead or what.  At least it's only 42 weeks.  I've already waited 5+ years for Martin to tell us....SOAB. But yeah, I'm thinking he's not DEAD dead, maybe zombie dead though. More likely Red priest Rezzed like Dondarian not-dead.

All in all, I thought it was a good season, one of the better recent ones.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Yeah, I get annoyed at the super screechy book purists (and I'm somewhat of a book purist myself) that literally find everything possible to dislike about the show because it's somewhat different from the books. Especially when they say stuff like "The writers on this show are complete shit, I'm never watching it again" because events from two massive books have to be condensed into a few hours and we don't have the luxury of hearing the damn characters' thoughts. Aside from one or two episodes this season I thought it was a strong season, just might've dragged a bit (BUT people complain all the time about books 4 and 5 dragging, and then shit on the show for dragging while simultaneously complaining that they're too different).
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 361 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  I wan't to express, that I disliked Rick and Morty season 3 Der/die AtheistIn 38 2635 February 6, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  'Tis the Season (almost) -- your favorite Nativity photos here! Jehanne 38 2955 December 27, 2018 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 6275 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Video Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] SteelCurtain 357 67737 January 28, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  X-Files season 11 (maybe) Foxaèr 10 1942 January 26, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
Tongue Let's talk Black Mirror season 4 Aoi Magi 23 3831 January 15, 2018 at 9:35 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Which is the best survivor season? ErGingerbreadMandude 4 1076 October 22, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Game of Thrones Season 7 trailer, "The Long Walk" Aegon 3 943 March 30, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Do not watch the movie, "The Arrival" because it is pro-life propaganda. {Spoilers} Foxaèr 21 5076 February 6, 2017 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda