Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 8:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility
RE: Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility
(April 29, 2015 at 4:48 pm)Nestor Wrote: Sure, but I still disagree with that. These people have every right to be angry, and their pain is real---add insult to injury by stripping them of wealth, power, and opportunity, and what would anyone expect to be the result? That cause for the rioting, from my limited perspective, is not that they're bad people or looking for trouble, it's that they're fed up with the disrespect of the entire system and are fighting back the only way they can that will have any substantial impact.

They have every right to be angry.

They don't have every right to go out robbing innocent people, looting stores, cutting firehose lines etc.

That's not to say a response like what is happening isn't to be expected. Or that it's not a likely outcome, but it doesn't make it anymore justified.

And ofcourse, it's only a minority making the news for causing a ruckus. But as I said countless times before, the actual cause gets lost completely when a few douches ruin it for everyone else.
^^^This
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(April 29, 2015 at 5:04 pm)Napoléon Wrote: They have every right to be angry.

They don't have every right to go out robbing innocent people, looting stores, cutting firehose lines etc.

That's not to say a response like what is happening isn't to be expected. Or that it's not a likely outcome, but it doesn't make it anymore justified.

And ofcourse, it's only a minority making the news for causing a ruckus. But as I said countless times before, the actual cause gets lost completely when a few douches ruin it for everyone else.
My point is that the bold is what I find totally inexcusable, not the rioting. As one of the few black Republicans Tim Scott recently said, "You create chaos because you’re living in chaos."
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(April 29, 2015 at 4:34 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: And I condmen that equally, what is your point?

Oh, thanks.  That fixes everything!
(April 29, 2015 at 5:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(April 29, 2015 at 4:34 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: And I condmen that equally, what is your point?

Oh, thanks.  That fixes everything!

And the solutions you're offering up are? Haven't seen anything from you in regards to what black people can actually do to aid their situations. Just more bollocks on why shit is the way it is. We already know that. Tell us something we don't.

(April 29, 2015 at 5:40 pm)Nestor Wrote: My point is that the bold is what I find totally inexcusable, not the rioting. As one of the few black Republicans Tim Scott recently said, "You create chaos because you’re living in chaos."

Right, and it's the same point I highlighted about 10 pages ago.

Whether you find it inexcusable or not doesn't really matter (for what it's worth, I agree, it is pretty inexcusable), what matters is that, whether people like it or not, prejudices are going to be enforced with this kind of shit.

That's what people need to get into their heads. Instead of saying "our situation is bad, let's make it worse", say "our situation is bad, what can we do to make it better?".

In my view changing some of the attitudes in black communities is one way of making things better. Rioting only makes shit worse.
(April 29, 2015 at 5:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Oh, thanks.  That fixes everything!

And again, what was your point?
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(April 29, 2015 at 5:48 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Right, and it's the same point I highlighted about 10 pages ago.

Whether you find it inexcusable or not doesn't really matter (for what it's worth, I agree, it is pretty inexcusable), what matters is that, whether people like it or not, prejudices are going to be enforced with this kind of shit.

That's what people need to get into their heads. Instead of saying "our situation is bad, let's make it worse", say "our situation is bad, what can we do to make it better?".

In my view changing some of the attitudes in black communities is one way of making things better. Rioting only makes shit worse.
I don't know if this is really going to affect prejudices so much, but it's definitely making people pay attention. A few more riots that hit where it counts---monetary investments---might actually cause shit to get done about the structural inequalities poor communities confront. At least let's hope so because polling booths sure as hell won't.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(April 29, 2015 at 6:10 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote:
(April 29, 2015 at 5:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Oh, thanks.  That fixes everything!

And again, what was your point?

That no one gives a shit what you condemn.

Meanwhile....THIS is what the fuckers are going to try to claim?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crim...story.html

Quote:Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

He broke his own back?  Really?  That's the best you can do??
(April 29, 2015 at 11:20 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(April 29, 2015 at 6:10 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: And again, what was your point?

That no one gives a shit what you condemn.

Meanwhile....THIS is what the fuckers are going to try to claim?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crim...story.html

Quote:Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was ‘trying to injure himself,’ document says

He broke his own back?  Really?  That's the best you can do??

Yeah, I read the same article. Freddie Gray was trying to injure himself, according to a Washington Post article...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/prisone...id=DELLDHP

Quote:BALTIMORE — A prisoner sharing a police transport van with Freddie Gray told investigators that he could hear Gray “banging against the walls” of the vehicle and believed that he “was intentionally trying to injure himself,” according to a police document obtained by The Washington Post.
Seems hokey at a glance, but yet, no one, including Minifullofshitalist, has seen the rest of the police report yet to make a solid judgement call. "Hands up. Don't shoot", my ass! It never happened. Most everyone here was ready lynch officer Wilson in the Michael Brown incident before the final reports were made public. Even Eric Holder's final DOJ report called the "Hands up. Don't shoot", claim, bogus. There always seems to be a rush to judgement against the cops whenever there's an incident involving a Black suspect....and especially if the arresting officer happens to be White. The full reports and the investigations in the Freddie Gray incident haven't been finalized yet either.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
LOL. GUYS THE POLICE SAID HE BROKE HIS OWN BACK IN THE VAN. IGNORE THE VIDEO OF HIM BEING HELPLESSLY DRAGGED AWAY BECAUSE POLICE ARE CREDIBLE SOURCES.

Fucking moron.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1356 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 10263 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Does the positive side of tribalism/racism outshine the negative side? Greatest I am 58 2223 August 13, 2020 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Black Lives Matter is not anti racist, but pro marxist Ramus932 25 2169 June 14, 2020 at 2:10 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Black lives matter WinterHold 49 3500 June 10, 2020 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  As Economy Crashes, Democracts Finally Start To Take Impeactment Seriously. ReptilianPeon 28 2042 September 22, 2019 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Race baiting is economic racism Rickimoto 3 478 April 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting, economic reasons. But why isnt it defined as racism? Rickimoto 4 543 April 1, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Stop Re litigating 2016 liberals /OP ED. Brian37 66 5207 February 21, 2019 at 7:59 am
Last Post: DLJ
  Stop trying to reason with Trump supporters GODZILLA 21 2513 January 20, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: GUBU