Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 12:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three)
RE: Atheism the unscientific believe.
Rik, seriously!
Are you doing this to constantly convince yourself?
Atheism is not a belief and therefore does not require constant drumming of scripture into our skulls for it to stick.

You're not to get an atheist come here after a 5 year break and say: sorry guys, I was negligent and God found his way into my heart!
Your beliefs ARE the product of indoctrination (whether you believe it or not) and the strengths of your beliefs are only as good as your last fallacy!
So keep up the good work and you'll go to heaven like a good boy...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 25, 2015 at 9:13 am)robvalue Wrote: Now it's most atheists, not all atheists. Well that's some progress.

Why don't you say naturalists, because that is what you mean. You get annoyed being lumped in with "all theists" yet you strawman atheists constantly.

I'm not talking about rivers.

There is no moving forward with Ric, rob. His mind is addled to the point where all he can write is jibberish ad nauseum, as revealed by the multitude of threads where nothing is discussed except his own bizarre delusions. He lives in a fantasy world devoid of any understanding of reality, and is why people shouldn't respond to him. It just gives him the impression his delusional fantasies have some validity.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(July 25, 2015 at 12:19 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote: Rick wouldn't recognize science if he tripped on it.  "Atheism the unscientific believe."  So much fail in this title, including:

Slow down with your enthusiasm Whatever.
Most atheists rely on physical science to back up their BELIEVE that this science is the only way to truth
that is way i open this thread.
If most atheists wouldn't give so much importance to physical science i wouldn't have had any reason to open this thread.

Quote:1 - Atheism is not a tenet of science.

If it is not than why most atheists always feel supported by what science say?

Quote:2 - Science is not required to be an atheist.

Can you please translate this sentence.
I thought i understand English but here it sound like Arab.

Quote:3 - Science does not support the existence of gods.

First of all whatever i think it is important to clarify what science are you talking about.
My guess is that you are talking about the usual physical science.
(did my guess won the price?)   Smile
Well well whatever you keep on arguing from the sewer up as usual.
Isn't that obvious that physical science is not able to understand what is not physical?  Lightbulb

Quote:4 - Neither does science lead to the conclusion that gods do not exist.

Physical science whatever.
Please don't keep on forgetting that you are talking about PHYSICAL science.
The problem with you whatever is that you are stuck with physical science preventing in this way that
other types of science may be able to understand whether God exist or not.

Quote:5 - Science does cast doubt on the alleged empirical claims known as miracles.

Again.
Isn't that obvious that physical can only understand what is physical?

Quote:6 - Science doesn't specifically rule out the supernatural, it merely pursues natural explanation as far as that can go.

Isn't that obvious whatever.
By the way whatever don't forget that what you mention as natural is only natural according the type of
science in question.
The border between reality and illusion can be trespass and what seem reality may turn into illusion.  Lightbulb
(July 26, 2015 at 5:24 am)Pandæmonium Wrote:
(July 25, 2015 at 9:13 am)robvalue Wrote: Now it's most atheists, not all atheists. Well that's some progress.

Why don't you say naturalists, because that is what you mean. You get annoyed being lumped in with "all theists" yet you strawman atheists constantly.

I'm not talking about rivers.

There is no moving forward with Ric, rob. His mind is addled to the point where all he can write is jibberish ad nauseum, as revealed by the multitude of threads where nothing is discussed except his own bizarre delusions. He lives in a fantasy world devoid of any understanding of reality, and is why people shouldn't respond to him. It just gives him the impression his delusional fantasies have some validity.
So it would seem Sad I really thought I was getting somewhere, we went all the way down the path to the lab together, but that final part about peer review just couldn't be squeezed out. Peer review must be some sort of evil force in special sciences.

I would love to see some videos of his findings though. Surely that's not too much to ask, given his long scientific career? Videos showing the findings that is, not just talking about them.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
In the past he's claimed to have healing hands and be a nurse or something, and he used them to cure someone or something when 'science' failed (Rik correct me if you want, whatever).

Literally no point in talking to him. I stopped about a year ago.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(July 25, 2015 at 9:04 am)Little Rik Wrote: Based on your assertions, if we assume them to be undeniably true and scientific(they aren't), we would actually have to call the vast majority of theists anti-science as well.

Please, let me keep away from other theists.
Not all Theists are the same.
My theism is based on yoga philosophy while many religious theisms are based on dogmas.
But let us talk about dualism.
Take a car and a driver.
They both need each other to travel.
Also the brain and the consciousness need each other.
There are two factor.
In a way they are stuck together so although they are two the two become one.
When you travel in your car it seems that the difference between you and the car is gone.
The same thing happen with you that decide to start the action of thinking or doing something.
You don't really feel any difference between you and your brain but as soon as your vehicle die
there is a separation.
Would you die when your vehicle die?
Atheism think so that is why atheism is unscientific.  Lightbulb

Again this is poor logic, and also has nothing to do with science.
Your examples are in and of themselves logical fallacies, but I am happy to play this game.

For example, we now have self driving cars.  When the car is destroyed, so is the operator.
You also have yet to amend your proposition that the small coalesce into the large with the knowledge of the universal expansion, and with regards to radioactive decay.  One being a metaphorical splintering of matter, the other a literally splintering of matter.
(July 25, 2015 at 9:04 am)Little Rik Wrote: Also the brain and the consciousness need each other.

Which is why when the body dies, so does the consciousness.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(July 26, 2015 at 1:33 pm)IATIA Wrote:
(July 25, 2015 at 9:04 am)Little Rik Wrote: Also the brain and the consciousness need each other.

Which is why when the body dies, so does the consciousness.

They need each other when exist a parallelism among the two.
As soon as this parallelism is gone because the body-brain die then there is no more reason why the consciousness should go along the dead body-mind and die as well.
She is not that stupid to get stuck to a rotting body-mind.
The same thing will happen to you when your car will collapse.
Are you that stupid to collapse with your car?
You never thought about it IAT, did you?  Smile
Umm why can't our brain be like my battery operated automatic car? Why does it need a driver? and what proof is their of that driver?

And if I were to assume the brain has a "driver", Does a bacteria and fungus have the same driver as well?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(July 26, 2015 at 1:29 pm)Aristocatt Wrote: Again this is poor logic, and also has nothing to do with science.
Your examples are in and of themselves logical fallacies, but I am happy to play this game.
For example, we now have self driving cars.  When the car is destroyed, so is the operator.

Ari, you are running too much with your fantasy.
Who told you that the operator will die when the car is destroyed?  

Quote:You also have yet to amend your proposition that the small coalesce into the large with the knowledge of the universal expansion, and with regards to radioactive decay.  One being a metaphorical splintering of matter, the other a literally splintering of matter.

Once again Ari you are running too much with your fantasy.
First of all you should try to understand why there is a radioactive decay.
By the way the word decay really mean the opposite of what really happen in this case.
Decay means going bad or similar meaning while in this case we have not something going bad
but an awakening of the consciousness within the atom.
You can call it a release of energy or whatever you like nevertheless is an awakening that lead to expansion.
Here below in technical terms it say......... Radioactive decay is the spontaneous breakdown of an atomic nucleus resulting in the release of energy and matter from the nucleus........so it all about expansion which back up my believe that the small consciousness expand and by being released from the bondage of matter is able to merge into something bigger.  Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2819 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6508 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2826 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit Cepheus Ace 18 3071 June 22, 2020 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belief in God is a clinic Interaktive 55 5710 April 1, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Is atheism a belief? Agnostico 1023 85325 March 16, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Catharsis
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3556 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5315 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4771 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 26051 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic