Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 2:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three)
RE: Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three)
(March 13, 2016 at 9:57 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(March 12, 2016 at 7:32 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote:  You need only to open your heart and mind, No consumption needed.
Yogurt not yoga
RAmen. FSM Grin

No consumption needed?  Huh
So all the promises from your guru are only to be seen but not touched?  Begging
It must be a little be difficult to find new converts in your religion.  Banghead
Isn't it?  Wink
Oh little doubting ricky ticky

Not at all, You can find FSM in any way you please, Sometimes he comes to you and sometimes you must seek him.

Pastafarianism is the fastest growing pasta based religion on the planet.
Not guru, One true god.

Yogurt not yoga.

RAmen FSM Grin
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(March 13, 2016 at 3:28 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote:
(March 13, 2016 at 9:57 am)Little Rik Wrote: No consumption needed?  Huh
So all the promises from your guru are only to be seen but not touched?  Begging
It must be a little be difficult to find new converts in your religion.  Banghead
Isn't it?  Wink
Oh little doubting ricky ticky

Not at all, You can find FSM in any way you please, Sometimes he comes to you and sometimes you must seek him.
Not guru, One true god.
Yogurt not yoga.
RAmen FSM Grin

Gee, why you didn't tell me before mate?  Shake Fist
Now i know what you talking about.  Lightbulb
You mean that guy that i look after in the mental unit that go around with a colander on the head.
My boss told me to put him in a straight jacket but to me it doesn't seem that bad.
Although i am a bit worry at times that with that colander on the head he may not see the wall
in front of him.  Banghead
Well well, now that you told me that he is your friend i will look after him a bit better.  Consoling
No worry mate.  Worship
(March 13, 2016 at 11:40 am)IATIA Wrote:
(March 13, 2016 at 11:08 am)Little Rik Wrote: How the hell can consciousness be a product of the brain when in fact it is the consciousness that
decide to start any mental or physical action?

What is your source for that 'fact'?

All thoughts/actions are proceeded by bio-chemical/neuron activity.  About 500ms.  I can source that.

That is a silly statement.
Today physical science still doesn't have a clue who initiated the thought-action.
They guess and guess and guess again and again but no, nothing solid.
They haven't got a clue for the simple reason that they don't know how the consciousness works.
There is only one consciousness but like an iceberg part is above and part is below our awareness.
The part that is below is alive and well.
The only problem is that our awareness can't get it.
Can't get it until we manage to bring it up.
Up to our awareness.
In yoga the full control of our awareness equal to be aware that we are God.
It takes long long time to bring that awareness up and make it ours but that is the goal of life.
But let us not divert from the issue.

Your bio-chemical/neuron activity that suppose to precede the though-action is not the one who initiated the thought-action.
They too are preceded by the consciousness wish to initiate the thought-action.
The brain act as a source of energy and a storage of information so yes it will give your  bio-chemical/neuron activity but only after the consciousness decide to go ahead with the thought-action.
How do i know that?
Because yoga works in that context.
To bring the hidden and below consciousness above you got to shut your senses and the brain activity as much as you can otherwise you can not concentrate therefore it means that the consciousness is the starter not the brain or the brain activities.  Lightbulb
(March 13, 2016 at 11:32 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: Whoah, Lordy.  Look at all them assertions!

Guess I'm still in "the lumber stage" since I don't see it that way.  

And you're still wrong about evolution applying to individuals.  That you can't get that simple point speaks volumes about you.

Yog.  Hi
Don't you think is about time to open your eyes and all your senses?  Lightbulb
Just look at people around.
There are small people, there are big people.
There are rich people there are poor people.
There are people who are healthy and people who are sick.
There are people who are very smart while other people pick up cig. butts outside the pub.
This is called individuality girl.
People choose their own way in their free will.
Lower form of consciousness follow mainly the instinct but not 100%.
Even them have a bit of free will.
You can see that in the climber plants and you can see also in animals
so everything and everybody got individuality and this individuality make us different one another
that is why evolution of the species is bullshit.  Indubitably
(March 13, 2016 at 11:48 am)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(March 13, 2016 at 11:08 am)Little Rik Wrote: 1) You say ........The brain is a physical organ in the body.  The mind and consciousness are products of the brain's operation.

Wrong.  
There is no evidence of whatsoever that this is the case.

And I've told you before, after providing said evidence, that you're just a liar on this point.

You provided what?
Show me, show me girl.

(March 13, 2016 at 11:08 am)Little Rik Wrote: Energy and consciousness are dependent on each other to function however it is the consciousness that
start the action as it awake from the latent stage.

Quote:No evidence that this is the case.

A dead body is still full of energy but it can't do anything by itself.
On the other hand it can do a lot once the consciousness is there.
You never thought about it yog, did you?  I'm all ears!

(March 13, 2016 at 11:08 am)Little Rik Wrote: This can be seen in some types of matter that release energy like uranium.
The matter had energy in it long long before it was able to release it.
Why then didn't release before?

Quote:First off, you're mischaracterizing the radioactive decay of uranium.  It decays in a steady mode.  It doesn't wait a "long long" time.  See the Toklo reactor for evidence that radioactive substances decay at a regular rate.

There is something that you haven't considered.
One thing is to allow the normal life of something.
The other is to interfere in their lives.
It is obvious that if you interfere the result will be different.
Once you bring the radioactive substances into a reactor you interfere
and therefore you can not expect to see the same result as if the substances will be left alone
to follow the natural course.

(March 13, 2016 at 11:08 am)Little Rik Wrote: The simple reason is that it had to wait for the consciousness within to get out her state of
slumber so to speak.
Brain is full of energy but energy can not start the action by herself.
Consciousness is always needed that is why to say that the consciousness is a product of the brain is
pure madness.

Quote:Since your understanding of the evidence is wrong, your conclusion is also likely wrong.

In this case show me why i am wrong.  Smile

(March 13, 2016 at 11:08 am)Little Rik Wrote: 2) Question......what trigger the start of evolution?

You reply....Energy.

Wrong again.
Energy is everywhere in matter but only some types of matter release energy.
But let me explain what the word DECAY means in this particular context.
Decay in matter means that that particular matter is in the process of deterioration
it can not keep as it is or better say as it was for ever.
It need to make a change.
Nothing is destroyed in nature.
It just change.
But the energy in order to make the change need some sort of awareness.
This awareness is called consciousness.
Energy and consciousness always go hand in hand.
And the consciousness in order to trigger the change need to get out the lumber stage in which she was.
Even science tell us that the decay of elements has to do with releasing energy over time.
Unfortunately science is still not aware that energy and consciousness are the two sides of the same coin.
So the trigger is the awakening of consciousness not the energy.

Quote:You say that energy and consciousness are two sides of the same coin, yet when I assert energy, you claim that "instead" it was consciousness.  If they're two sides of a coin, it's the same thing!  You can't even make up your mind.

Look at yourself girl.
You got a body and a mind-consciousness.
Who you think is in charge.
Does your body tell your mind what to do or the other way around?

(March 13, 2016 at 11:08 am)Little Rik Wrote: 3) Question .........Where evolution take you to?

You answer.....Again, evolution applies to species, not individuals, so it takes 'me' no where.

Wrong again yog.  Banghead

There is no evidence that that is the case.
Yours is just a guessing inspired by Darwin.
It make more sense that individuals end up in the jigsaw in which they can fit better and therefore
evolution apply to individuals.
If so many similar individuals fit in a particular jigsaw that shouldn't be interpreted as evolution of the species.

Quote:This is just nonsensical word salad.  Even so, it's still wrong to think biological evolution applies to individuals.

Sorry yog but the reality tell you that you are totally wrong.  Banging Head On Desk
Just read my previous thread.

(March 13, 2016 at 11:08 am)Little Rik Wrote: 4) What is the relationship between energy and consciousness?

You answer.......Energy sustains the metabolism of the cells of the brain.  The cells of the brain cooperatively create consciousness (or its illusion).

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Banging Head On Desk
How the hell can consciousness be a product of the brain when in fact it is the consciousness that
decide to start any mental or physical action?

Quote:There is no conflict there.  The consciousness is the mental and physical action.  They are concurrent.

Yog, you are totally lost.  
Consciousness is something ABSTRACT.
How the hell can the cells of the brain create something abstract?  Smile
Get real girl.  Wink

(March 13, 2016 at 11:08 am)Little Rik Wrote: 5) you say.......(Note that not one of these answers involved a metaphor or analogy)

Believe me girl.
It would have been a lot better if you would have use some analogies that make some sense rather
than come down with all this nonsense.
Have a good day anyway.  Wink

Quote:And it would be better if you weren't just a loon with a bunch of assertions, dogma, and false analogies, but we can't have everything.

Get real yog.
I already destroyed  all atheists dogmas one by one and yet instead of admit it you guys
act with dishonesty pretending that i don't know what i am talking about.
Shame yog, shame.
(March 14, 2016 at 9:49 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(March 13, 2016 at 3:28 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: Oh little doubting ricky ticky

Not guru, One true god.
Yogurt not yoga.
RAmen FSM Grin

Gee, why you didn't tell me before mate?  Shake Fist
You mean that guy that i look after in the mental unit that go around with a colander on the head.
My boss told me to put him in a straight jacket but to me it doesn't seem that bad.
Although i am a bit worry at times that with that colander on the head he may not see the wall
Well well, now that you told me that he is your friend i will look after him a bit better.  Consoling
No worry mate.  Worship
Dear ricky ticky 

It's ok I forgive you for your intolerance, FSM has taught me to love and forgive.

May FSM's glory erase your hate one day.

Yogurt not yoga.

RAmen FSM Grin
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

(March 14, 2016 at 3:50 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote:
(March 14, 2016 at 9:49 am)Little Rik Wrote: Gee, why you didn't tell me before mate?  Shake Fist
No worry mate.  Worship
Dear ricky ticky 

It's ok I forgive you for your intolerance, FSM has taught me to love and forgive.

Yogurt not yoga.
RAmen FSM Grin

Not stupid your guru-god.  Wink
Once you go to his paradise you only get a bowl of overcooked ramen and a cup of yougurt
and he keeps all the virgins for himself.  4 Horsemen
To add salt to the wound he force you to keep the colander on your head so you can't even see what
he is doing with the virgins.     Diablo  
Much better go to his hell then.   Demon
(March 15, 2016 at 6:56 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(March 14, 2016 at 3:50 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: Dear ricky ticky 

Yogurt not yoga.
RAmen FSM Grin

Not stupid your guru-god.  Wink
Once you go to his paradise you only get a bowl of overcooked ramen and a cup of yougurt
To add salt to the wound he force you to keep the colander on your head so you can't even see what
he is doing with the virgins.      Diablo  
 Silly silly ricky ticky

FSM is a transcendent being that manifested all space and time, Why would he need virigns?  However all manner of women and men are available for your choosing in Valhalla.

The one true God FSM continues to tell me to forgive you and so I shall.

The colander is to remind us of his sacrifice for you.

You are free to choose hell, FSM never punishes infinitely for a finite life, A few hundred thousand millenia and you be given the option to come on in if you so desire.

As always, Yogurt not Yoga.  RAmen FSM Grin

(March 15, 2016 at 7:50 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote:
(March 15, 2016 at 6:56 am)Little Rik Wrote: Not stupid your guru-god.  Wink
he is doing with the virgins.      Diablo  
 Silly silly ricky ticky

FSM is a transcendent being that manifested all space and time, Why would he need virigns?  However all manner of women and men are available for your choosing in Valhalla.

The one true God FSM continues to tell me to forgive you and so I shall.

The colander is to remind us of his sacrifice for you.

You are free to choose hell, FSM never punishes infinitely for a finite life, A few hundred thousand millenia and you be given the option to come on in if you so desire.

As always, Yogurt not Yoga.  RAmen FSM Grin

Ok. then.

Let us go to his hell.  Angry
Just one question before i go to his hell.  I'm all ears!  Panic  I'm all ears!

Can i take the toothbrush and toothpaste with me?  Think
(March 15, 2016 at 8:13 am)Little Rik Wrote: Can i take the toothbrush and toothpaste with me?  Think

You may my dear ricky ticky. 

I will pray you let him into your heart so that you may not boil but still yet bask in the glory that is the beer volcano.

Here are some assorted smiles for next time:   Read  Cheers! Bong  Shitfan Duel Afro

Yogurt not Yoga, RAmen.
FSM Wink FSM Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2819 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6508 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2826 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit Cepheus Ace 18 3071 June 22, 2020 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belief in God is a clinic Interaktive 55 5711 April 1, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Is atheism a belief? Agnostico 1023 85350 March 16, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Catharsis
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3556 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5315 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4771 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 26052 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic