Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 10:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling pretty gutted
RE: Feeling pretty gutted
(October 15, 2015 at 4:10 pm)MTL Wrote: Thank you, Rhonda, for that heartfelt message.

you are absolutely right that there is no point in constantly being "decent" to people
who only take advantage of it,
and then give you indecency in return.

As to what you mentioned, about your father being willing to be the "bad guy",
I read a good quote, like that, on the internet, once.

It said:

" If someone hates you for no reason...

...then give them a reason. "

However, at this point, I've decided she is a narcissist or a sociopath or something,
and I'm just going to cut her out of my life.

I like your new pic, btw!
A zillion kudos to you taking charge of your life.

You're sister is not used to this from you and she won't like it. so the fuck what? My husband asked me why I was leaving him. I told him, "I'm tired. I'm tired of the arguments. I'm tired of the abuse. I'm just tired." He said, "That's just what I'm talking about, baby. All that's going to stop." I said, "I know it's going to stop because I'm getting out of here."

It's your life, MTL. You don't give other people the power to decide when you will start being happy.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(October 15, 2015 at 5:46 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote:
(October 15, 2015 at 4:10 pm)MTL Wrote: Thank you, Rhonda, for that heartfelt message.

you are absolutely right that there is no point in constantly being "decent" to people
who only take advantage of it,
and then give you indecency in return.

As to what you mentioned, about your father being willing to be the "bad guy",
I read a good quote, like that, on the internet, once.

It said:

" If someone hates you for no reason...

...then give them a reason. "

However, at this point, I've decided she is a narcissist or a sociopath or something,
and I'm just going to cut her out of my life.

I like your new pic, btw!
A zillion kudos to you taking charge of your life.

You're sister is not used to this from you and she won't like it. so the fuck what? My husband asked me why I was leaving him. I told him, "I'm tired. I'm tired of the arguments. I'm tired of the abuse. I'm just tired." He said, "That's just what I'm talking about, baby. All that's going to stop." I said, "I know it's going to stop because I'm getting out of here."

It's your life, MTL. You don't give other people the power to decide when you will start being happy.

I'm sorry to hear you went through such bad stuff, yourself.

You're absolutely right on every point.

thank you again.
I love it when two people are so nice and understanding and empathetic to each other.

It's so admirable and wonderful.

And furthermore...

It's so damn cute and adorable too Heart
(October 15, 2015 at 6:16 pm)Evie Wrote: I love it when two people are so nice and understanding and empathetic to each other.

And furthermore...

Girl, speak for yourself. Talking about somebody nice and understanding, empathetic, cute and adorable. You must be looking in the mirror.Smile
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

--Voltaire

Shock I appreciate the compliment a lot...

...even if I iz not girl Blush
(October 15, 2015 at 7:39 pm)Evie Wrote: Shock I appreciate the compliment a lot...

...even if I iz not girl Blush

Oops! Yipes!

I was just looking at your name and the fact that you and Losty have the same avatar and I didn't see that Y chromosome.

Can we still be friends? I promise, I'll never make that mistake again. Scouts honor. with sugah on top.

--Voltaire

Sure we can. PM me if you want.
I'm proud of you MTL for making the brave decision to cut her out Smile

When someone is so relentlessly nasty to you, they give you no option. You shouldn't have to suffer because they can't be reasonable.

The way I look at things, I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt initially. I assume they are worthy of my full respect, and I treat them as such. If someone shows me that they are in fact not worthy of this, then I relegate them to my minimum package. I don't hurt them, and I am polite to them. But that is all they get, until such time as they show they are worthy again. It sounds like your sister has repeatedly demonstrated she is not worthy of anything more than minimum respect from you. She doesn't deserve any further effort on your part, and it's not fair that you have to suffer by making that effort and having it thrown in your face over and over. Even if you can't physically remove someone entirely from your life, you can achieve the state of mind where you don't care about anything they say or do anymore. That's what I meant by emotionally disconnecting from them, it's how my relationship is with most of my family now. I know that's not an easy thing to do, but I believe it is the solution in these situations. You can't change them, you can only change how you react to them.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I take exactly the same approach Rob. Benefit of the doubt first. I like assuming people are nice, they have to prove they're not if they're not... and I hate confrontation so if they turn out to be cunts I just avoid them Smile
(October 15, 2015 at 6:16 pm)Evie Wrote: I love it when two people are so nice and understanding and empathetic to each other.

And furthermore...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling lonely. Jehanne 3 328 April 26, 2022 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Feeling forced Ahriman 12 722 September 15, 2021 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  A feeling of freedom. Frank Apisa 6 672 June 27, 2021 at 7:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Feeling weirdly nostalgic for the early 2010s? TheYoungScientificSkeptic 14 1518 November 15, 2019 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Alex K
  How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow? Edwardo Piet 6528 400284 January 20, 2019 at 12:54 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Do you ever get this feeling whilst in bed? Arsoo 18 2365 September 30, 2017 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 837 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene
  Overstepping and feeling good. Foxaèr 15 2886 October 19, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Feeling inferior to pretty women (or women I like) Macoleco 68 8616 September 4, 2016 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Pretty people on TV CapnAwesome 32 2625 June 29, 2016 at 12:09 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet