Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 9:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
RE: How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow?
Dictionary.com Wrote:["gassy", adjective.] Slang. given to idle, empty talk
Is it bad that sometimes I see threads that say "[name] has died" and I think "... who?"

It's sad and I'm sorry, not saying this to be shady, but really, "... who?" I've never heard of this person
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

If you don't know, you don't know. 
Why feel bad about that?

Who amongst us knows every person to exist, but da Lort? Big Grin
It's true, can't know everyone

I just feel shady for saying it, like people are going to take my reaction as disrespect

I suppose with the internet though there's no need, can always look them up
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Slightly irritated. It's really annoying when someone doesn't reply to your text.
I'm feeling frustrated with windows 8 on my laptop. My Windows update from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 Got stuck at 82% for ages. I googled "Windows 8.1 stuck" on my phone and it autocompleted my search as "stuck at 82%" Dodgy It's a common issue and there are a million different proposed solutions. No clear answer. It just finally finished reverting to Windows 8.

The annoying part is it forced me to install Windows 8.1 against my fucking will in the first place. I delayed it for 24 hours and then 4 hours more and then it fucking forced me. So I felt if it's going to force me I may as well try and update it again and hope it works this time Dodgy

So it's currently in a long process for preparing to install. Hopefully it fucking works this time Dodgy
Feeling thankful to MCB for changing the image size in my sig Big Grin
Slept really lightly. Doing OK, though.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(July 3, 2016 at 9:59 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: I'm feeling frustrated with windows 8 on my laptop. My Windows update from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 Got stuck at 82% for ages. I googled "Windows 8.1 stuck" on my phone and it autocompleted my search as "stuck at 82%" Dodgy It's a common issue and there are a million different proposed solutions. No clear answer. It just finally finished reverting to Windows 8.

The annoying part is it forced me to install Windows 8.1 against my fucking will in the first place. I delayed it for 24 hours and then 4 hours more and then it fucking forced me. So I felt if it's going to force me I may as well try and update it again and hope it works this time Dodgy

So it's currently in a long process for preparing to install. Hopefully it fucking works this time Dodgy

The unmitigated shit show that was Windows 8 is worth trying to update again.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Oh so 8.1 is a big improvement over 8?

Guess what, I am on my phone... It's stuck loading at 82% again. Might leave it over night. Some people say it works if you leave it like that for several hours... Some say it doesn't and they all offer different solutions.

Sigh. Anyone with a more conclusive solution regarding a Google search for "Windows 8.1 82 percent" is welcome to help. If they want to.

Just know I can't do any solutions involving a CD or USB install.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling lonely. Jehanne 3 325 April 26, 2022 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Feeling forced Ahriman 12 714 September 15, 2021 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  A feeling of freedom. Frank Apisa 6 666 June 27, 2021 at 7:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Feeling weirdly nostalgic for the early 2010s? TheYoungScientificSkeptic 14 1507 November 15, 2019 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Do you ever get this feeling whilst in bed? Arsoo 18 2346 September 30, 2017 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  What is Everyone's Mood Right Now on a Scale Of 0-10? Edwardo Piet 64 12802 May 19, 2017 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 834 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene
  Overstepping and feeling good. Foxaèr 15 2864 October 19, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Feeling inferior to pretty women (or women I like) Macoleco 68 8564 September 4, 2016 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Not feeling great basically. Edwardo Piet 47 6350 December 20, 2015 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet